I just hung up with Jason's contact at BMG, NEWS !!!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

I just hung up with Jason's contact at BMG, NEWS !!!

Post by MartinPierre » Oct 16th 2002, 11:19 am

I just hung up with Jason's contact at BMG. Jason didn't say his name, so I won't either.

He spoke with Ross this morning, and believe Ross will pay the DVDs today.

He will call me when he gets some news, and I will post it.

He confirms EVERYTHING Jason said except for the dumping : he cannot confirm that they will be dumped tonight to Ventura if Ross doesn't pay, but he BELIEVES they will be. But he is just a salesman, it's not HIS job to decide what happends.

If they are paid today, all the DVDs should ship Monday, and AU should have them by the end of next week.

Ventura will only release the DVDs on November 17th, according this is latest news, but he might be wrong on that.

As for the lunchboxes, the license SPECIFICALLY says that ONLY Another Universe can GIVE them. They cannot sell them, and no one else may give them, same thing for the Bonus DVD.

This was a requirement of Disney ( Buena Vista ).

I am waiting for the call before cancelling my order. I hope Ross will pay however.

And it was told clear to him that he only had today, so by lying, he would have won only a few hours, not even a full day.

So why would he call to announce he was paying in a few hours, if he didn't intent to ?

He is not sending a check by mail, so BMG will know soon enough if he is lying.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: I just hung up with Jason's contact at BMG, NEWS !!!

Post by Jason R » Oct 16th 2002, 11:24 am

I should add that this is ALL I have wanted all along.

I SINCERELY hope that this payment is received today.

Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Hardware » Oct 16th 2002, 11:25 am

Hi Martin, thanks for your update...
MartinPierre wrote:So why would he call to announce he was paying in a few hours, if he didn't intent to ?
Then again, why would he post here several times that BMG had already been paid when it seems clear now that they haven't?

Let's hope for everyone's sake that Ross does actually keep his promise and wire the money today.

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Oct 16th 2002, 11:34 am

I don't know...

If Ross pays today, I will assume that when he said he had paid, he had simply told his accountant to pay, which he didn't do and didn't tell Ross he didn't.

This is as good as any other explanation, and it does occurs sometime.

Recently, my boss hired a guy, but he never showed up. He thought the guy dropped out, but in reality, the order to hire him had stayed on the accountant's desk !!!

When the mess was cleared out, the guy had already taken another job.

But if BMG is not paid, Watch out Ross... Heads will roll.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 16th 2002, 11:37 am

I'm not discounting the chance of an accountant screwing things up. And I am not discounting the chance that somebody will pony up the cash to pay for this. I'd imagine that you could even put this on a credit card.

It fits with the fact that checks bounce left and right, wires get lost, and people are charged 2-3 times more than they were supposed to be charged.

However, the head of a company is responsible for how the company conducts business.
Last edited by Jason R on Oct 16th 2002, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

FarrellGirl78
Overlooked Sibling

Post by FarrellGirl78 » Oct 16th 2002, 11:39 am

Thank you Martin-Pierre for the news.

I am still waiting for my refund so I don't really care if Ross pays or not BMG but I hope for the people who didn't cancel that he will pay BMG today.

The biggest problem I have with this is that Ross or anyone at AU should e-mail everyone who bought the boxset from them and tell us what is going on. It is crazy that we the customers of AU have to call BMG and everyone else to gets news. Ross is the one in charge of the project and he should be the one coming here or e-maling us that BMG will have the money today. I e-mailed Ross, Mike, AU a number of times in the past week and I never got an answer from them. I don't trust them and even if BMG is paid today, I would still have doubts about AU. Of course, I would love to have the bonus disc but I don't trust them so this is why I am working with VISA to reverse my transaction.

The thing is how can we trust someone who told us that BMG would be pay months ago but right now tell us that they weren't paid and they will have the money today. What did he do with our money that we send him in march? Sorry, I cannot trust Ross or anyone at AU.

Dominique

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Oct 16th 2002, 11:44 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:I'm not discounting the chance of an accountant screwing things up. And I am not discounting the chance that somebody will pony up the cash to pay for this. I'd imagine that you could even put this on a credit card.

It fits with the fact that checks bounce left and right, wires get lost, and people are charged 2-3 times more than they were supposed to be charged.

However, the head of a company is responsible for how the company conducts business.
Well, what I meant to say, but didn't say well, is that if the DVDs are paid for, I will rest my case for now and will let go.

Of course, the pressure will now switch on shipping these DVDs and later on the Bonus disk.

But I will drop the subject of the non-payment of BMG.

Of course, others are free to press charges.... But I won't.

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Oct 16th 2002, 11:57 am

thanks for the update Martin.

Lets hope and pray that it gets paid today. if it doesnt? Tomorrow my cancelation will be made and ordering it at another site.
I think if we cancel- AU should still send us all Bonus Discs and the Lunchboxes as a "Sorry" even if the boxsets wont be purchased through them anymore.
wouldnt that be grand?

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Oct 16th 2002, 12:02 pm

MartinPierre wrote:He spoke with Ross this morning, and believe Ross will pay the DVDs today.

I'm just afraid that what Ross told that BMG salesman is like those promises posted in this forum earlier. Most of us also believe in his promise at the very beginning. I'm not asking anyone not to trust what he told the salesman, I just still suspect will the similar situation happen again...
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Oct 16th 2002, 12:08 pm

LetsBolt wrote:thanks for the update Martin.

Lets hope and pray that it gets paid today. if it doesnt? Tomorrow my cancelation will be made and ordering it at another site.
I think if we cancel- AU should still send us all Bonus Discs and the Lunchboxes as a "Sorry" even if the boxsets wont be purchased through them anymore.
wouldnt that be grand?
Good idea...however...
If the reason for BMG not getting paid is AU out of money, the production of the bonus disc as well as the lunchbox won't be finished. The lunchbox will be still plain metal stored in the warehouse.
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

Pedro
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Pedro » Oct 16th 2002, 12:18 pm

My fingers are firmly crossed :!:

Cate
Liberty High Student

Post by Cate » Oct 16th 2002, 12:20 pm

MartinPierre wrote:I just hung up with Jason's contact at BMG. Jason didn't say his name, so I won't either.

He spoke with Ross this morning, and believe Ross will pay the DVDs today.

He confirms EVERYTHING Jason said except for the dumping : he cannot confirm that they will be dumped tonight to Ventura if Ross doesn't pay, but he BELIEVES they will be. But he is just a salesman, it's not HIS job to decide what happends.

If they are paid today, all the DVDs should ship Monday, and AU should have them by the end of next week.

Ventura will only release the DVDs on November 17th, according this is latest news, but he might be wrong on that.

As for the lunchboxes, the license SPECIFICALLY says that ONLY Another Universe can GIVE them. They cannot sell them, and no one else may give them, same thing for the Bonus DVD.

This was a requirement of Disney ( Buena Vista ).

I am waiting for the call before cancelling my order. I hope Ross will pay however.

And it was told clear to him that he only had today, so by lying, he would have won only a few hours, not even a full day.

So why would he call to announce he was paying in a few hours, if he didn't intent to ?

He is not sending a check by mail, so BMG will know soon enough if he is lying.
Merci Martin Pierre! Let's hope Ross comes through for us.

(this would have been en francais but as a non-bilingual fellow Canadien my French sucks)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 16th 2002, 12:23 pm

Cate, I finally agree with you about something. :D
Here's hoping.

(I've got my fingers crossed, my legs crossed, and i've downed about half a bottle of Tums).

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 16th 2002, 12:38 pm

Regardless of whether AU actually gets the DVDs or not, unless I'm mistaken, there will be no lunchbox and there is still no bonus disc - the two incentives to pay an extra $30+ for this series.

There is still an awful lot of lost ground to be made up if AU expects me to keep my order in place, and not much time left to deliver. Given their history to date, I'm not holding my breath.

Cate
Liberty High Student

Post by Cate » Oct 16th 2002, 12:49 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Cate, I finally agree with you about something. :D
Here's hoping.

(I've got my fingers crossed, my legs crossed, and i've downed about half a bottle of Tums).
hey, you forgot your toes! (and by doing so I hope you realize that you have completely jinxed the deal) :shock:

and as far as you finally agreeing with me about something - I guess hell just froze over. :lol: and if that happened then I guess Ross must be coughing up the dough today.

So good news all around! :D

... knocking wood