GWhiz where is Ross?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
vrknight
Tino

GWhiz where is Ross?

Post by vrknight » Oct 15th 2002, 8:48 pm

GWhiz still has not been paid and Ross said he would pay via a wire transfer and even faxed over a completed wire transfer application, yet never told the bank to wire the funds. Ross has not contacted us since.

So no more stories Ross and no boxes. Times up!

I'm sorry for all the AU customers that have been burnned, but we can't do business with people like Ross. Maybe if all of you ask Ventura Publishing to pick up the project we can make the boxes for them and they could give them to you for free! ( a real bonus).

GWhiz

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 15th 2002, 8:55 pm

How did you come about this information? Looking at your past posts, you don't seem to be a part of GWhiz, but I could be wrong. If you called them, and talked to them, maybe its different. But just posting that without saying how you came about it comes off as inflamatory. :) I don't mean to be rude, but we need to where statements like your originate.

vrknight
Tino

I am at GWhiz

Post by vrknight » Oct 15th 2002, 9:10 pm

GWhiz has been trying to work with Ross but he can't seem to tell the truth and after talking with Robert and reading all the post, our company can't do business with him. Robert has been trying to work it out with Ross. He told us he wired us the money on Thursday but no wire has been received. I don't think it's fair of him to make his customers think that the problem will clear up soon. As of today he has not returned Robert's call or emailed GWhiz. Please understand that it takes 20-30 days just to get the boxes here from China.

vrnight

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 15th 2002, 9:12 pm

Andrew, I cannot verify if that post is from a GWhiz employee or not. All I know is that the funds have not yet materialized.

I am in the weird position of, despite all of the crazy garbage that we've gone through, hoping that AU actually has some kind of strategy for tomorrow.

It is a lot easier for me to apologize to 150 people on a message board for creating an unnecessary panic than it is for me to explain to 3,800 customers that the product I sold them on doesn't exist because it wasn't paid for.

I will find out if this is a legitimate post from GWhiz.

Robert
Tino

Authenticated

Post by Robert » Oct 15th 2002, 9:22 pm

That came from the pissed off higher ups! These posts have been read by everybody here at Gwhiz and they don't want anybody to think that this order will be coming as Ross has led everybody to believe. Once they found out that BMG hadn't been paid either they pulled the plug on the project. Sorry but without Ross coming through with payment by tomorrow there's nothing that I can do.
Robert

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Authenticated

Post by andrewgd » Oct 15th 2002, 10:02 pm

Robert wrote:That came from the pissed off higher ups!
Thanks. I think with everything flying around, its best to know who's saying it. I feel bad for you guys at GWiz. I know your company is out way more than any one customer. I hope you will be persueing any action you can take against Ross/AU, but understand if you will be putting the whole thing behind you.

Logsama
Tino

Post by Logsama » Oct 15th 2002, 10:16 pm

Jason,
I believe that AU will have a lot fewer than 3800 orders if they don't do something quick. I guess my feeling is, is that AU will probably still be able to sell the DVDs (assuming they get them), but as for me I have had enough. I just cancelled, and am ordering the set from Amazon.

The bonuses would be nice, but the show is the most important thing. The non-payment and credit card issues aside, what really got to me was:
If the set was to be shipped in June, and then September, why is the bonus disc not even authored? Why are the lunchboxes not at AU? I could see BMG not shipping the set, but the bonus items are completely under AU's control. I just couldn't see waiting any longer for the other shoe to drop. I was truly willing to pay the full price for just the show, including the shipping charge. But I don't have any more confidence in AU. I hope things work out for everyone.

Jason, thanks for keeping everyone informed.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Oct 15th 2002, 11:46 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote: I am in the weird position of, despite all of the crazy garbage that we've gone through, hoping that AU actually has some kind of strategy for tomorrow.
Right now, AU's best strategy is declaring bankruptcy. They have accepted money for a product that they now cannot deliver. They do not have the cash to give everyone refunds. So, they've got two choices: bankruptcy court or criminal court. Well, there's a third option, but they're probably too cheap to have fire insurance :twisted:

I suggest everyone either get their creditcard number changed or watch your accounts VERY closely. I sense another accidental doublecharge coming.

oh, and I suggest that you cancel your order NOW. Once Jason sends his mass emails, there will be a mad rush of cancellations. Since there is not enough cash to go around, you'd better get your cancellation in as soon as possible.

And remember, to cancel you must call them. All other methods of cancellation are being ignored by them.

Cate
Liberty High Student

Post by Cate » Oct 16th 2002, 12:40 am

phelix wrote:
Jason Rosenfeld wrote: I am in the weird position of, despite all of the crazy garbage that we've gone through, hoping that AU actually has some kind of strategy for tomorrow.
Right now, AU's best strategy is declaring bankruptcy. They have accepted money for a product that they now cannot deliver. They do not have the cash to give everyone refunds. So, they've got two choices: bankruptcy court or criminal court. Well, there's a third option, but they're probably too cheap to have fire insurance :twisted:

I suggest everyone either get their creditcard number changed or watch your accounts VERY closely. I sense another accidental doublecharge coming.

oh, and I suggest that you cancel your order NOW. Once Jason sends his mass emails, there will be a mad rush of cancellations. Since there is not enough cash to go around, you'd better get your cancellation in as soon as possible.

And remember, to cancel you must call them. All other methods of cancellation are being ignored by them.
Jason posted this, elsewhere, on August 3rd. AU had enough money for this project at that time. Read for yourself -

Posted: August 3rd, 2002
03:42 AM
Post (#162 of 436 posts)

JasonRosenfeld

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They coughed up the data I asked for.

I have to explain something about me. I can be a major pain-in-the-ass. Before business school I was an insurance adjuster. That should pretty much sum it up.

Before founding my own marketing and project development consultancy, I was less specialized, and more plugged in with the finance side of things. In fact, I was "officially" part of the finance department at BMG Special Products.

When I don't see numbers, I get antsy. Pretty much, to sum things up, I asked for proof that sufficient funds existed for the project. Not for any particular reason, but because quite some time has passed, and I want this thing to fly once the authoring is done. It was just one thing I wanted to know about so I could sleep at night.

As a marketing/development consultant, this was probably none of my business. It didn't matter. There are enough hurdles with a project of this magnitude, and I wanted to make sure that the money was all there.

To their credit, AU.com supplied the data I requested. There are more than sufficient funds to complete the project. I sleep better now.

Maybe it was wrong of me to ask for the data. I have't really decided yet. But just as BMG is unapologetic for necessary delays I, too, remain unapologetic. I understand the strain I may have caused my business relationship with AU, but I also have a lot of reputation capital invested in this project, and I want to make sure that it is as good as it can be, and so that it is a true reflection of the original concept.

At the very least, the experienced strain allows me to tell you that there is one less thing for you to worry about.

Now, you are probably wondering "Why did we pay up front if AU still has some of the funds?" They are being totally honest when they say BMG demanded payment up front. Then, the clearance delays came to the surface. Nobody, not even BMG, expected those delays. They did not want to accept full payment until everything was cleared.

Hehehe, and knowing this board , now you are probably wondering, "Well, why did AU charge the money before everything was cleared?" The answer is 1) BMG originally asked for that, and 2) there as little doubt that the project would happen, but the cost of music clearance was not known. AU had to agree to pay any clearances not covered under the original agreement.

best
Jason

Last edited by JasonRosenfeld on August 3rd, 2002 at 03:47 AM

Cate
Liberty High Student

Re: Authenticated

Post by Cate » Oct 16th 2002, 12:46 am

Robert wrote:That came from the pissed off higher ups! These posts have been read by everybody here at Gwhiz and they don't want anybody to think that this order will be coming as Ross has led everybody to believe. Once they found out that BMG hadn't been paid either they pulled the plug on the project. Sorry but without Ross coming through with payment by tomorrow there's nothing that I can do.
Robert
So if I understand you correctly "vrknight" is one of the pissed off higher ups in your company.

I read his other messages here.

How odd. (sounds like he drifted over from the stock holders board)

MarkSWalker
Three Rivers Resident

Post by MarkSWalker » Oct 16th 2002, 12:51 am

Cate-

You are probably wondering what I am wondering:
how do we know for sure people in here are who they say they are?

Robert, Howard, and vrknight, could all be posers, right?

(Oh, I do believe they are who they say they are, but it would
be nice to have some actual confirmation of this.)

Mark

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 16th 2002, 12:54 am

Cate wrote:Jason posted this, elsewhere, on August 3rd. AU had enough money for this project at that time. Read for yourself -
Jason Rosenfeld wrote:They coughed up the data I asked for.

I have to explain something about me. I can be a major pain-in-the-ass. Before business school I was an insurance adjuster. That should pretty much sum it up.

To their credit, AU.com supplied the data I requested. There are more than sufficient funds to complete the project. I sleep better now.
Jason posted Ross's fax and voiced his concerns regarding the financial "proof" at http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1242

EmmBee
Liberty High Student

Post by EmmBee » Oct 16th 2002, 12:55 am

Cate wrote:Jason posted this, elsewhere, on August 3rd. AU had enough money for this project at that time.
Jason has since recanted that statement here: http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... omics#8356

He now believes Ross sent him a statement from a different company owned by CMIH, instead of AU.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 16th 2002, 12:57 am

Wow, who woulda thunk that EmmBee and I would come up with the same results within a minute of each other? Good research work there!

:D

Cate
Liberty High Student

Re: I am at GWhiz

Post by Cate » Oct 16th 2002, 1:28 am

vrknight wrote:GWhiz has been trying to work with Ross but he can't seem to tell the truth and after talking with Robert and reading all the post, our company can't do business with him. Robert has been trying to work it out with Ross. He told us he wired us the money on Thursday but no wire has been received. I don't think it's fair of him to make his customers think that the problem will clear up soon. As of today he has not returned Robert's call or emailed GWhiz. Please understand that it takes 20-30 days just to get the boxes here from China.

vrnight
Maybe he hasn't returned Robert's call or emailed GWhiz because he is in NY and not returning until tomorrow. As far as the wire transfer goes - maybe there was some kind of glitch at the bank ... and of course then there was the weekend (banks were closed) and the banks were closed Monday due to holiday. Just trying to think of anything that could go wrong here that is entirely out of Ross's hands. It is possible.

And if part of what is making you scrap the lunchboxes is what you have read on this forum well, then that is truly sad. And I'm sorry to say, I don't think it really says a lot about how you conduct your business.

Respectfully ...