GWhiz where is Ross?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Cate
Liberty High Student

Post by Cate » Oct 16th 2002, 1:35 am

MarkSWalker wrote:Cate-

You are probably wondering what I am wondering:
how do we know for sure people in here are who they say they are?

Robert, Howard, and vrknight, could all be posers, right?

(Oh, I do believe they are who they say they are, but it would
be nice to have some actual confirmation of this.)

Mark
I'm not quite sure what to believe to be quite honest. [shaking head]

And yes some confirmation would be nice. As far as Howard goes, he just may be a disgruntled ex-freelancer. But then again I'm certain that just about any company has one of those (or ex-employee). [shrug] (nothing against Howard really)

We just need to be really careful.

Cate
Liberty High Student

Post by Cate » Oct 16th 2002, 1:47 am

EmmBee wrote:
Cate wrote:Jason posted this, elsewhere, on August 3rd. AU had enough money for this project at that time.
Jason has since recanted that statement here: http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... omics#8356

He now believes Ross sent him a statement from a different company owned by CMIH, instead of AU.
well who knows how he runs things (yeah I know extremely poorly and into bankruptcy :roll: )

this could still be kosher. (my CC was charged to the comicstore.com not anotheruniverse.com - I've "heard" other people say the same thing)

And I certainly wouldn't believe anything I read on that stock holders board ... they sound like a bunch of frat boys.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Re: I am at GWhiz

Post by phelix » Oct 16th 2002, 1:48 am

Cate wrote: Maybe he hasn't returned Robert's call or emailed GWhiz because he is in NY and not returning until tomorrow.
You're right. I forgot that there are no phones in NY.
As far as the wire transfer goes - maybe there was some kind of glitch at the bank ... and of course then there was the weekend (banks were closed) and the banks were closed Monday due to holiday. Just trying to think of anything that could go wrong here that is entirely out of Ross's hands. It is possible.
This has already been discussed to death in other threads. Wire transfers don't get lost.
And if part of what is making you scrap the lunchboxes is what you have read on this forum well, then that is truly sad. And I'm sorry to say, I don't think it really says a lot about how you conduct your business.
Respectfully ...
Gee, and I thought they were scapping the luchboxes because Ross kept promising to pay them but never did. Silly me.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Oct 16th 2002, 1:56 am

Cate wrote:
EmmBee wrote:
Cate wrote:Jason posted this, elsewhere, on August 3rd. AU had enough money for this project at that time.
Jason has since recanted that statement here: http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... omics#8356

He now believes Ross sent him a statement from a different company owned by CMIH, instead of AU.

this could still be kosher. (my CC was charged to the comicstore.com not anotheruniverse.com - I've "heard" other people say the same thing)
Yes, my bank statement shows "the comicstore" instead of another universe. However, I thought the whole point of Jason's post was that the bank statement was from a company NOT owned by CMIH.

EmmBee
Liberty High Student

Post by EmmBee » Oct 16th 2002, 2:01 am

Cate wrote:this could still be kosher.
Yes, it may have been a kosher statement. I was just pointing out that even though Jason thought he had proof that AU had the funds at that time, he has since had doubts about the veracity of what Ross faxed him, so you can't use Jason's old post as "proof" AU has the money.

Also, even if it's a good statement, that was back in July. The money could easily be gone from the accounts now, and not to pay BMG or GWhiz, as it was supposed to be, either.

Which leaves us with the big questions here:

If AU insists they still have the money, then why were the vendors not paid?
If BMG etc are not paid, then where did the money go?

Raptor3076
Tino

Post by Raptor3076 » Oct 16th 2002, 2:23 am

As far as the wire transfer goes - maybe there was some kind of glitch at the bank ... and of course then there was the weekend (banks were closed) and the banks were closed Monday due to holiday.
Having worked at a bank in the past I can tell you that in the time that I worked at a bank I never heard of a wire transfer getting lost. As has been said in other post it goes through or it won't, they don't just go away. You have to enter tons of info for one for the very reason of making sure it goes to the correct account. Just because a bank is closed does not mean that no transactions get processed, they just don't show up on your transaction list till the next work day. I had to tell that to many people who would charge lots of stuff on debt cards over the weekend and wonder why they got charged for going into the negative.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 16th 2002, 10:05 am

To clarify something I posted way back when, and quoted by Cate, I was not clear.

BMG did NOT tell AU to precharge everybody. BMG demanded up front payment from AU. AU's way of getting the upfront payment was to precharge everybody.

They only began the manufacturing because they had been told that a wire was sent over 3 weeks ago.

So, I think I have a right to ask where this money is, as does anybody here.

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Re: I am at GWhiz

Post by GordLacey » Oct 16th 2002, 10:41 am

Cate wrote:Maybe he hasn't returned Robert's call or emailed GWhiz because he is in NY and not returning until tomorrow. As far as the wire transfer goes - maybe there was some kind of glitch at the bank ... and of course then there was the weekend (banks were closed) and the banks were closed Monday due to holiday. Just trying to think of anything that could go wrong here that is entirely out of Ross's hands. It is possible.
Cate, I spoke to Ross on the phone for 20+ minutes on Monday night until his phone cut out. He tried calling me back twice but I was on the phone and he left messages both times. He has a cell phone that works all over the US and I'm sure it has no problem dialing California.

Gord

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 16th 2002, 11:22 am

:roll:
I've been wondering when the questioning of my identity might begin. What can I say? I used to write for a website (thecomicstore.com) that you can't go to because it's gone (you might find some Google cached pages, but I can't confirm that.) I've since gone to writing comic reviews and articles at http://www.the-trades.com, and that site *is* still operating, so you can see that I didn't just *poof* onto this site. :) (I was actually tipped to all of the goings on here by Mr. Rick Veitch, who maintains http://www.comicon.com/splash, and who wrote the original article about my lawsuit and the other unpaid freelancers--which, yes, tends to make one a bit disgruntled.)

If the court case needs verified, one could always look up case # SC 2001-438, filed January 16, 2002 in the Municipal Court of Conway & Faulkner County, Arkansas.

Other than that, not much more I can do, but to continue to reiterate that this is nothing new. Whether unpaid freelancers, non-existent wireless radio tuners, or MSCL lunchbox DVD sets, it's all the usual pattern.

Howard

George
Nicky Driscoll

Post by George » Oct 16th 2002, 1:08 pm

Cate, I do not post many messages I will admit, I like to read them all to see what is going on. I got my refund a month after I cancelled so I could care less about AU anymore. But reading everything you have written, you continually give the benefit of doubt to these people. You are always coming up with scenario's of why Ross did this, said this, didn't do this, etc. I think it may be time to wake up and smell what Ross is shoveling!! I don't know how you live in this world being so trusting, I wish I could do it personally. Open your eyes and see what has happened, Jason knows more then all of us and he is out 25,000 because of this so he is in it together with us so what he says should be trusted. As you are entitled to your opinions on this, so I am....and it is my opinion that you should get your head out of the clouds and recognize what is going on. Don't be mad now, just my opinions. Take them or leave them.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 16th 2002, 1:17 pm

George wrote:Open your eyes and see what has happened, Jason knows more then all of us and he is out 25,000 because of this so he is in it together with us so what he says should be trusted.
Not that i necessarily agree with what i am about to say, but that is also the exact reason why you shouldnt blindly believe everything Jason says.
I personally believe him for the most part, and right now i havent gone through the hassle of finding out for myself what exactly is going on.

But i also know that if i was out 25k i would be pissed and want to exact revenge. Though i think Jason is a better/more level headed person than i in that sense.

George
Nicky Driscoll

Post by George » Oct 16th 2002, 1:30 pm

That is indeed a valid point and I did think about that after I wrote my last post, but I do believe Jason is just trying to help us get these DVD's and is doing his very best to help everyone.....and that is never easy as he is finding out.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 16th 2002, 1:36 pm

George wrote:That is indeed a valid point and I did think about that after I wrote my last post, but I do believe Jason is just trying to help us get these DVD's and is doing his very best to help everyone.....and that is never easy as he is finding out.
I agree with you, but i think what i said had to be said. Like i said in my first post, i dont necessarily agree with what i was saying... i guess i'm just putting a little bit of devils advocate out there.

George
Nicky Driscoll

Post by George » Oct 16th 2002, 1:46 pm

Devils advocates are needed for interesting conversation, that's cool!! No worries, I just want my damn DVD's!! I could care less where they come from or what happens to AU. They could fold tomorrow or be around for the next 100 years and I could care less which one!! I went Amazon after I cancelled my order, much less hassle and drama. :)
(I spelled a word wrong, that way it says this post was edited!)