UK People

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Concettina
Jody Barsh

UK People

Post by Concettina » Oct 11th 2002, 8:00 pm

If anyone in the UK is still having problems with refunds of double/triple charges, or with being refunded for their cancelled order(s) if they're going to cancel, then I urge you to report AU to Watchdog at the link below, with a brief history of what's been going on and a link to this forum.

And most importantly, call up your credit card company to make them aware of this whole sorry situation and to ask for their advice on how to proceed. I would in all seriousness do this immediately if you haven't already. You don't need to dispute any charges yet if you still have some confidence in AU and want to give them a chance (!!!!!!!!!), but call them to make them aware of what's going on at least.

I really am astonished having caught up with all the news on here! :evil:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/contact/

Good luck to everyone...

Concetta

Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Hardware » Oct 12th 2002, 4:59 am

I just mailed Watchdog and told them my story.

Concettina
Jody Barsh

Post by Concettina » Oct 12th 2002, 7:26 am

I sent mine in earlier too! I hope others will too.

BTW, if anyone wants a copy of the 'report' I sent to Watchdog concerning this (though it wasn't brief!), for whatever reason, then please e-mail me at: crscot@hotmail.com and I'll e-mail it to you.

Concetta

Douglas
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Douglas » Oct 12th 2002, 2:56 pm

Could you please e-mail me a copy of the report at enki69@hotmail.com, I am very pissed at the moment and I will report them as well.

Thanks.........
comedown and waste away with me,

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Oct 12th 2002, 3:44 pm

please mail it to me too at wendy@star74.co.uk
i don't know what to i'm a bit lost as to what is going on now jason seems to have lost it!! i had been counting on him to keep everyone calm but it has turned a bit chaotic in here of late!
was prepared to believe ross with his "whats happening now" post but everyone seems to have gone beserk argh i just want my dvds esp. since i accidentally taped over the final episode with this weeks "the office" !!! oops :(
cheers

Richie
Tino

Post by Richie » Oct 12th 2002, 4:24 pm

Well, tonight I've finally cancelled my AU order and re-ordered with Amazon using all the various discounts from this forum.

After the triple charges (which I disputed with the CC company rather than waiting for AU to bother with me! - I gave them more than 2 weeks initially) which I've now been refunded and all the revelations about AU's non-payments etc I say "f*** 'em"!

Even if AU do get the discs and the extras disc and the lunchboxes I don't want any of it from them now anyway.

my cc company (Lloyds) tell me I'll have to write to them with as much evidence as possible if I want to stand any chance of seeing my original money refunded (that's if AU don't refund me within a resonable time).

I am going to email Ross directly too about getting a full refund. Last week I emailed Mike at AU with questions (that I posted afterwards in the "questions" thread) but didn't get any kind of acknowledgement.

Total wankers, the lot of 'em!

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 12th 2002, 4:26 pm

Do you think that there is a way that I could provide any sort of documentation for your credit cards? Please find out what would be needed, and I can try to pursue different avenues, including AU's merchant provder.

Richie
Tino

Post by Richie » Oct 12th 2002, 4:51 pm

Thanks Jason
I'll find out exactly what they want :)

My cc company only have 3 months records on screen, so couldn't assure me that the original payments fell within their "dispute remit", which is why they told me to write as there are obviously special circumstances with this whole debacle!

Concettina
Jody Barsh

Post by Concettina » Oct 12th 2002, 6:08 pm

Thanks from me too Jason, I may have to take you up on that too if the worst comes to the worst.

Concetta

Mr Glass
Tino

Post by Mr Glass » Oct 12th 2002, 8:18 pm

Yeah, thanks Jason, that kind of documentation might also be required by me if AU fail in their refunding.
Her Shampoo