MSCL Lunchbox

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Robert
Tino

MSCL Lunchbox

Post by Robert » Oct 11th 2002, 7:54 pm

I have been aware of this site for about a week now and I'm pretty blown away by what's been going on. Yes I am the one that is in charge of manufacturing this lunchbox order. I will stick to the facts and let you come to your own conclusions. Our company policy, and this goes for most companies that deal with international markets, is to have 50% deposit to start and the balance of the order paid in full at time of shipment from China. I have pushed this order through to within weeks of possible completion. Keep in mind that I still haven't received the balance of the deposit yet. I beleived that nobody in there right mind could possibly screw over a supplier while advertising the product. I was promised in writing that the "balance would be taken care of tomorrow". That was Sept. 12th. I have been lied to enough. I have no choice in the matter but to put this order on hold.
I can understand that a lot of you dedicated fans are going to be upset at this and I 'm sure a lot of you will think that asking for 100% of the balance at this time is unreasonable. Then again isn't that what AU asked of you?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: MSCL Lunchbox

Post by Jason R » Oct 11th 2002, 9:25 pm

Thank you, Robert, for telling us what is going on. I know that Ross told you not to speak to me, so I appreciate you posting the information here.

I wish I was making this stuff up.

Sameritech
Jody Barsh

It's all good

Post by Sameritech » Oct 11th 2002, 9:32 pm

Robert, you are not to blame at all. The ENTIRE blame is at the feet of AU. You have every right to demand payment in full prior to shipping the product. You would be foolish to send the lunchboxes now and hope to get your money. You are doing the right thing and I commend you for that.

For all others. Get up off your computer chair and call your credit card company NOW. The longer you wait, the less likely you are to ever see your money again. Your credit card company will refund your money and it is your right to file a claim for non-receipt of merchandise. Then the credit card company can get their lawyers involved and fight with AU. Then get over to Amazon and re-order the MSCL set. You won't get charged until the product is ready to ship and you won't get overcharged.

For those that paid by check or money order, your screwed. Kiss that money goodbye.

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Re: It's all good

Post by GordLacey » Oct 11th 2002, 9:37 pm

I think one of the worst parts of this mess is to see how other people have been hurt by this project. Robert has taken some s**t at work because the deal went south and he doesn't deserve any of this crap. Jason and I went and visited GWhiz back in June, and we hung out with Robert and a million lunchboxes. He's a great guy (he gave me a Gretzky lunchbox) and it sucks to see a vendor dragged into the BS of this project.

Gord

Penny
Frozen Embryo

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Post by Penny » Oct 11th 2002, 9:43 pm

I can't believe this is happening. What is going on over there?? Geez! pay the guy the money so I can get my stinkin lunchbox! My brown bag is falling apart! :twisted:

leerosevere
Overlooked Sibling

Post by leerosevere » Oct 11th 2002, 10:34 pm

Robert, I don't think anyone (with any sense of fairness) would blame you for the delays. AU's a crooked business and we've all been lied to. You have my sympathy!

MarkSWalker
Three Rivers Resident

Post by MarkSWalker » Oct 13th 2002, 10:06 pm

Robert-

Thank you for your comments. I only wish the BMG would follow suit
and post in here on Monday, after their "alleged" meeting with Ross,
since Ross implies that Jason cannot be trusted.

I hate Freud, but that is the best case of "reaction formation"
I have ever witnessed (albeit, on line).

It is posts like yours that may give our credit cards a legal leg
to stand on, should we persue Ross with claims of fraud.

Mark

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Oct 13th 2002, 10:19 pm

Robert, what would your outfit DO with the unfinished boxes if the payment never happened?

OTOH, what is the possibility that they could be finished, and the fans could buy them from you guys directly. Hey, that might even be more profitable!

Just thinking out loud here...
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by GordLacey » Oct 13th 2002, 10:32 pm

David Lambert wrote:Robert, what would your outfit DO with the unfinished boxes if the payment never happened?

OTOH, what is the possibility that they could be finished, and the fans could buy them from you guys directly. Hey, that might even be more profitable!

Just thinking out loud here...
I asked Robert about this and he said right now there isn't anything they can do. Since Ross is the one that has the license for the material, he is the only person that can accept the shipment once it gets to the US.

Gord

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 13th 2002, 10:37 pm

dubious as to whether AU has the license. I think BMG does. BMG might be able to do something.

Cate
Liberty High Student

Post by Cate » Oct 14th 2002, 2:38 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:dubious as to whether AU has the license. I think BMG does. BMG might be able to do something.
I found this tonight while doing more research -

Quote -

Jason Rosenfeld
"Mr. DVD"
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:04 pm Post subject: Re: release date?

We are trying to put one together that sticks.

Here is the way things stand right now:
1) All video, music and artwork is cleared

2) Lunchbox packaging is cleared, and waiting for another tagline from Buena Vista, such as "Manufactured by AnotherUniverse under exclusive license of Buena Vista"

-- end quote

so it would appear that Buena Vista has the license, not BMG.

Robert
Tino

mscl lunchbox

Post by Robert » Oct 15th 2002, 8:22 pm

Has anyone heard from Ross lately? Hmmmm. I can't seem to get a hold of him. :x

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: mscl lunchbox

Post by Jason R » Oct 15th 2002, 8:27 pm

Thank you, Robert. If they won't believe me, at least they can believe you.

To clarify the license issue. It is licensed BY Buena Vista. The license would go to AU, but the lunchbox cannot be sold separately. If you want the language, I can dig it up here.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter if you have a product under license or not. If you jerk around the manufacturer, the licensed item won't be produced..

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Re: mscl lunchbox

Post by GordLacey » Oct 15th 2002, 9:18 pm

Robert wrote:Has anyone heard from Ross lately? Hmmmm. I can't seem to get a hold of him. :x
Yup, I spoke to Ross last night (Monday). We got cut off when his battery died and he tried calling me back at 11:06 pm EST and 12:53 AM EST but I was on the phone with my Grandpa and didn't talk to him. He mentioned being back in the hotel room when he left his messages.

Gord