Has anyone canceled their order and recieved a refund?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Mr Glass
Tino

Post by Mr Glass » Oct 12th 2002, 9:20 pm

Ross said the same about having my order processed next week. I only hope that processed actually means 'refund' rather than 'get lost'.
Her Shampoo

Sammy Jankis
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Sammy Jankis » Oct 12th 2002, 9:59 pm

I think I've done almost everything humanly possible to try to cancel my order (in chronological order):

10/5 - Left a cancellation voicemail to AU Customer Support (888-5COMICS) - No response
10/5 - Emailed AU Customer Support of my cancellation wishes - No response
10/6 - Filled out the DryGrass webpage to notify cancellation
10/7 - Filed dispute with my CC company
10/8 - Emailed Ross directly on Tuesday which he replied that day, "Will do"
10/12 - Faxed CC dispute form back to my CC company

Hopefully one of these will result in a refund. *Fingers crossed*

Zach
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Zach » Oct 12th 2002, 11:12 pm

After much thought...I decided to cancel my order with AU. After all this time the bonus disc and lunchbox aren't really appealing to me anymore.

When I cancelled I emailed Ross, AU themselves, and I put in a cancel through drygrass. Oh, and I think I'm going to call AU Monday morning as well.

If all of that didn't get the point across...then I don't know what will.

Well....now I'm on my way over to Amazon to pre-order the set!

Zach

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Oct 13th 2002, 12:31 am

This is like a bankrupcy proceeding basically now. Every lender (i.e. us) will be clamoring at the company's doors for their money. Unfortunately we're not even going to get the benefit of pennies on the dollar likely. Cancellation is in order.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 14th 2002, 6:09 pm

I wrote to Ross, Drygrass, and Mike last Friday. Ross emailed me Saturday and said it would be credited "first of the week."

Today at 2:05 I recieved the following email from mike@anotheruniverse.com:
-----------------------------------------------

Mike McCullough has taken your problem out of the queue. This is usually a sign that it has been processed, however, Dry Grass Partners, LLC cannot control how the site is used. If this email is in response to a billing error, we recommend allowing 1-3 business days for the change to post. If it does not show up in this time, call 888-5-COMICS or call your credit card company.

Mike McCullough wrote:
Cancellation Noted
Credit submitted
10/14/02
-------------------------------------------------

As of 6 pm, no pending credit has shown on my account, although this could be bank delays. The previous credit from them (for the double charge) showed up immediately.

We shall see if it is true or not. Fingers crossed! :)

frail_bbeditor
Frozen Embryo

Post by frail_bbeditor » Oct 14th 2002, 6:35 pm

Could someone post Ross's email adress? OH and any other email adresses that you think I should write too in order to cancel and get back all the money they owe me. Thanks!

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Oct 14th 2002, 6:36 pm

DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 14th 2002, 6:39 pm

Gord sent a survey last night to all people who had been marked as "processed by mike mccullough" since the inception of the drygrass.com site.

we asked if the customers had received a credit. the current responses (new people are responding all the time. i think 360 received the email):

Total: 158
Yes: 25
No: 133

Only about 16% that were marked as "processed" and credited ever received a credit (but less than half have responded thus far).

Wendy5579
Tino

Post by Wendy5579 » Oct 14th 2002, 6:46 pm

I'm about to send an email to ross to cancel my order, Should I send it to anyone else ?? And should I fill out the form on the dygrass site also ??

Wendy

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by GordLacey » Oct 14th 2002, 8:27 pm

Wendy5579 wrote:I'm about to send an email to ross to cancel my order, Should I send it to anyone else ?? And should I fill out the form on the dygrass site also ??

Wendy
You can fill out the form on the drygrass site for information purposes, but emailing Ross directly is the best bet. Jason likes to keep track of the cancellations through the drygrass site because it's a solid record that AU can't deny. There is no way for them to delete something out of there, and you'll be emailed if it's read by someone at AU.

Gord

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Oct 15th 2002, 1:00 am

My request from the Drygrass form was taken out of queue today with a blurb about cancellation noted, credit submitted. I'll believe it when I have my money back. My dispute forms are being mailed to my cc company to backup the claims I've already filed.

jenrose
Tino

i finally cancelled

Post by jenrose » Oct 15th 2002, 2:28 pm

my order has officially been cancelled. I honestly don't believe that anotheruniverse will be coming through with the product they promised. I emailed Ross and Drygrass.com. I really hope that my credit card is credited soon because i don't have the time to deal with this anymore. I'll post when i have my money back.

pete
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pete » Oct 16th 2002, 12:29 am

I don't see how I can have any faith that I will receive a refund if I cancel my order if i still haven't received a refund for my double-charge...
Once upon a time there lived a girl. She was always asleep. One morning she woke up.

kmacp
Nicky Driscoll

Post by kmacp » Oct 16th 2002, 9:13 pm

here's my problem...
i cancelled my f*ckin' credit card a month ago. (had too many.. trying to minimalize, yada, yada) Had there been any indication on my supposed receipt i probably would have waited it out, and cancelled later, however i just had to go rooting through my credit card statements back to March to find the big charge. and lo and behold, on my CANCELLED card
:evil: :evil: so i'm writing to ask for a money order refund... how low do you suppose my chances are?!

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 16th 2002, 9:53 pm

kmacp wrote:here's my problem...
i cancelled my f*ckin' credit card a month ago.
i'm writing to ask for a money order refund... how low do you suppose my chances are?!
My Guess –
Your chances are somewhere in between hell freezing over and Christina Aguilera wearing an outfit that doesn’t make her look like a slut.

Sorry...I really do wish I could be more optimistic for you.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.