MSCL DVD SET UPDATE 10/10/02….

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

MSCL DVD SET UPDATE 10/10/02….

Post by Ross Rojek » Oct 10th 2002, 2:09 pm

ORDERS PLACED BETWEEN FEBRUARY-JUNE 18TH (FIRST 2500 ORDERS) GET THE FOLLOWING…
- DVD SET
- BONUS DISC
- LUNCHBOX W/CERT OF AUTHENTICITY
-MSCL T-SHIRT
-$30 Gift Certificate at AU
-FREE SHIPPING

ORDERS PLACED BETWEEN JUNE 18TH-SEPT 17TH GET THE FOLLOWING….
-DVD SET
-BONUS DISC
-LUNCHBOX (DIFFERENT THAN 2500 ISSUE/NO CERT)
-MSCL T-SHIRT
-FREE SHIPPING
-$20 Gift Certificate

ORDERS PLACED AFTER SEPT 17TH
-DVD SET
-BONUS DISC
-Free Shipping

We may have one other thing to add in for the first 2500 orders, but it hasn’t been finalized yet. When it happens, we will announce it.

We will allow people to pick the size of their shirt (we’ll have a form that they can fill out.)

At this point we are waiting on BMG to finish the sets. As soon as they are on their way to us, we’ll announce it here and via e-mail to everyone that has it on order.

I am very sorry for all the problems that have happened and continuing (the wait on BMG) and on the lunchbox and Bonus Disk. Both will be finished soon and ship (also for free) to everyone as well. We will also finish processing all the overcharges and cancellations for everyone that has sent in a request. I’m trying to respond to every e-mail with the day.

If you have any other questions or comments, please e-mail me at ross@anotheruniverse.com and I’ll get back to you.

Again, my apologies for any and all problems you’ve experienced through this. It wasn’t our intent to have this many problems and cause the ongoing fuss it has. While we will be doing other DVD projects in the future, I don’t think that anything we can offer you will make up for the problems we’ve had here.

For those of you who have been patient and supportive thank you. For those who have been understandable upset, again, I’m sorry.

Thanks,

Ross

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 10th 2002, 2:16 pm

Thank you for the update Ross. I do have a question about the Free SHipping though. I was charged originally for the shipping back in June, will i geet a refund for it?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 10th 2002, 2:16 pm

Are these the same t-shirts that you sold on your site? If not, I hope that you have cleared the rights to the t-shirt. I will call Buena Vista to make sure for you.

Bitterman
Liberty High Student

Post by Bitterman » Oct 10th 2002, 2:20 pm

Spot on! Exactly right! Just the kind of thing we all wanted to hear - definite statements! A few weeks late for the announcement, and we still don't have anything in our hands but I'm not going to hold that against you... I would recommend, though, that you send the above as an email to everyone - now - because not everyone comes here, nor should they have to. That said...

<Leads round of applause for finally saying the right things>

There is one major quibble I have, though. I qualify in the first category, so should be getting a $30 gift certificate. That's all very well, but does that also qualify for free shipping, as well as the DVDs themselves? If not, I'll owe you AT LEAST $9.95 shipping plus the price of anything I buy, as I live abroad... a $30 gift voucher would be less than worthless to me, it doesn't even cover shipping. I'd have to throw it in the bin.

I'd rather have the $30 back on my credit card, thanks. You've said before you can't do this, why not?

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 10th 2002, 2:22 pm

I can't believe it. Ross finally said something that wasn't vague and cryptic! And he apologized too!
Okay - somebody fess up. Who kidnapped Ross and is posting in his place? :wink:

gizmodvdx
Nicky Driscoll

Post by gizmodvdx » Oct 10th 2002, 3:29 pm

I am one of the first 2500...
You say free shipping, is that for the MSCL boxset? If so, will you refund us the money we paid originally for it? Also, when will we get all this stuff? With the MSCL Boxset, or when the Bonus Disc/Lunchbox ship?

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 10th 2002, 3:36 pm

Denie wrote:I can't believe it. Ross finally said something that wasn't vague and cryptic! And he apologized too!
Okay - somebody fess up. Who kidnapped Ross and is posting in his place? :wink:
Oh, that was the real Ross. You can tell by the empty promises and by the fact that initially you feel like, yes, everything is going to be okay... then you realize nothing has changed. At this point, I want dvd discs not promises. And some answers to Jason's questions would be nice... for "amusement purposes only" of course.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 10th 2002, 3:37 pm

Maybe they can pay their vendors with gift certificates.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 10th 2002, 3:42 pm

not a bad idea, at least a gift certificate can't be returned for insufficient funds. and with the cost savings, au won't have to quadruple charge us to get the project finished.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 10th 2002, 3:46 pm

I wonder if Darth Vader felt the same way that I do now after he threw Emperor Palpatine down the shaft? Image

sid_barrett
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by sid_barrett » Oct 10th 2002, 3:49 pm

man, all that stuff looks good, specialy for the first 2500. there is a box set for sale on Ebay that has the release date of Nov.5. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1569335246
is there any truth to that?
"...and I said ' oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling'"

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 10th 2002, 3:50 pm

I really do feel very badly for the people who are selling this stuff on eBay. And I do hope that someone from AU at least calls the lunchbox manufacturer.

They told me that they are looking at late November, at the earliest, if they were to be paid this week. Of course, that was before Ross told them not to talk to me anymore. :?

Another series of follow up questions for Ross:

Will these gift certificates be accepted by CMI Holdings after you leave the company?

Will the "new AU" accept the gift certificates?

What is holding up payment to the lunchbox folks?

Have the folks at Bedford Falls signed the release yet (so you can use their footage on the bonus disc?)

Thanks
Jason

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 10th 2002, 4:03 pm

Thank you Ross for this post.

It makes me feel a lot better that you now posted something like this.

I am willing to stick it out with AU pending further news on release dates and progress. Please continue to be forthcoming with us...it really is the best way to address things from this point forward.

SCF
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Hardware » Oct 10th 2002, 4:04 pm

Thank you for the update Ross. I have a couple of questions.

When you say "free shipping", does this include foreign customers? If not, can we get free shipping instead of the gift certificate, as with your minimum shipping charge of $40 to the UK, a $30 gift certificate won't be of too much use to me! :)

Could you issue a similar statement regarding the double charges. I know that many people have now had refunds, but I still have a double charge outstanding from August 8th (order number W3211000) and I'm sure everyone would like to know when you expect to get everything straight.

I'm sure we all appreciate your apology and status update.

siandam
Jody Barsh

Re: MSCL DVD SET UPDATE 10/10/02….

Post by siandam » Oct 10th 2002, 4:05 pm

Ross Rojek wrote:ORDERS PLACED BETWEEN FEBRUARY-JUNE 18TH (FIRST 2500 ORDERS) GET THE FOLLOWING…
- DVD SET
- BONUS DISC
- LUNCHBOX W/CERT OF AUTHENTICITY
-MSCL T-SHIRT
-$30 Gift Certificate at AU
-FREE SHIPPING

ORDERS PLACED BETWEEN JUNE 18TH-SEPT 17TH GET THE FOLLOWING….
-DVD SET
-BONUS DISC
-MSCL T-SHIRT
-FREE SHIPPING
-$20 Gift Certificate

Thanks,

Ross
With all the cancellations - will those of us who did not make the first 2500 get bumped up the list? I know I ordered before June 18th but do not think I was among the first 2500. So does this mean I won't be get the most valuable certificate and the extra $10 certificate?

Wait, who am I kidding - am I gonna get a lunch box and bonus disc at all?

:roll: