MSCL DVD SET UPDATE 10/10/02….

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 10th 2002, 4:09 pm

Hardware wrote:I'm sure we all appreciate your apology and status update.
It kind of sucks that I don't believe anything he wrote. :(

Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Hardware » Oct 10th 2002, 4:17 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:It kind of sucks that I don't believe anything he wrote. :(
At least it's an update. Ross may well have found people responding differently to him if he had posted a clear and concise status update every other day.

As for whether he's telling the truth or not, only time will tell but at least we now know what to expect and people can make a more informed decision to wait with AU or cancel and go to Amazon.

RichD
Tino

Post by RichD » Oct 10th 2002, 4:36 pm

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but...

Didn't Ross mention that those that were double/triple-charged during this event get another 'something extra' still? :o

Just wondering...

~ Rich

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 10th 2002, 4:41 pm

Just to clarify a couple of things:

1. Will free shipping apply to international orders for those in the earliest order group?

2. As others have stated a $30 GC is worthless for international customers unless it also includes free shipping, since your shipping charges are so high. I would suggest allowing international customers to order their $30 worth of product and include it with the lunchbox shipment. Is that doable, at least for some tiers in this situation?

Pedro
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Pedro » Oct 10th 2002, 5:13 pm

Is the 'free' t-shirt going to be different to the one that was on sale via AU.com a few months ago? If not, I want a full refund for what I paid for that t-shirt, as its not fair that people should get a duplicate 'gift' when they've already paid for one and had it for a while.

This is so not going to get answered by AU......(but feel free to prove me wrong!!)

:roll:

ErichH0374
Nicky Driscoll

Post by ErichH0374 » Oct 10th 2002, 5:43 pm

I have one small thing to say about this.......All the "free stuff" is great and all...BUT...This is an un-official, non-legally binding forum!!! Therefore it could be all a farce to shut us up!!!... Im going to check the au site, but I HIGHLY doubt this info will be there!!!
"Without Dreamers, How can there be any Dreams?"

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 10th 2002, 5:54 pm

I sense a lot of empty promises in Ross's post. My key to being grounded in reality now is the fact that I now realize that what my wife told me about Ross is true.

Let me pass this little bit of information along to the rest of the world.

Ross will tell you any lie that he needs to tell you at any given time to cool the situation. Of course, once the crisis is averted, he will go back to his usual games.

Each day gets more and more surreal. I don't even want to tell you what I heard today. Easily the worst thing yet.

I will give AU until tomorrow to fix it, otherwise I'm opening my big mouth. I hope that they believe that I will.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

gift certificates

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 10th 2002, 6:10 pm

Can I use the $30 gift certificate I am supposedly getting on my order for the MSCL DVD set?

:lol:

No really - I'm serious.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 10th 2002, 6:12 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote: Let me pass this little bit of information along to the rest of the world.

Ross will tell you any lie that he needs to tell you at any given time to cool the situation. Of course, once the crisis is averted, he will go back to his usual games.

Each day gets more and more surreal. I don't even want to tell you what I heard today. Easily the worst thing yet.
It is becoming more and more apparent that we may never see anything beyond the DVDs themselves. (And we'll be lucky to get those!) Does anyone have some ideas on how we can make sure AU/Ross gives us what he promised?

gizmodvdx
Nicky Driscoll

Post by gizmodvdx » Oct 10th 2002, 6:18 pm

Just tell us now so I can seriously think about canceling. A $30 Gift Cert for his site, which is VERY overprices, isn't worth it. I could get the same stuff off Amazon for cheaper.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 10th 2002, 6:21 pm

I won't tell you what I found out until tomorrow, but if I posted it you would definitely want to cancel your order. So, if you fear that it won't be resolved by tomorrow, you might as well get a headstart.

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Oct 10th 2002, 6:23 pm

Ugh. I don't even want the free stuff, I just want my freakin set. WHENNNNNN is it going to ship?
I'm hardly even worried about the lunchbox and bonus disc I'm supposed to get because I know those things won't be shipping for a while.
I'm just tired of thinking the set itsself is going to ship and then I sit here reading all of these stupid posts looking for a new date when I realize the last date wasn't going to happen.

I haven't even heard a date since that September one we were given for the longest time. Since then it's been "soon". How long does it take BMG to put these damn things into slipcases? I thought AU would at least have them in their hands by late last week.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 10th 2002, 6:24 pm

The delays are not BMGs fault.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 10th 2002, 6:25 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:I won't tell you what I found out until tomorrow, but if I posted it you would definitely want to cancel your order. So, if you fear that it won't be resolved by tomorrow, you might as well get a headstart.
If you won't post it on a public forum today, would you be willing to e-mail me today instead? I really really want to know what's going on. And I don't want to get screwed over by AU.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 10th 2002, 6:26 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:The delays are not BMGs fault.
Does blame lie with AU?