Ventura Distributions/ AU Lunch box/ Phone call to AU

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
So-Called Angel
Three Rivers Resident

Ventura Distributions/ AU Lunch box/ Phone call to AU

Post by So-Called Angel » Oct 10th 2002, 9:42 am

I recently mentioned on a previous post of mine that the DVD's that amazon.com were going to sell had bonus material on them featuring the cast and crew. Jason pointed out to me that the amazon version didn't have any bonus material.

Well, I made a mistake. I got amazon.com mixed up with Ventura Distributions - I knew I had read it somewhere.

The Ventura Distributions website states "The set contains 5 DVD's including interviews and commentary from the shows stars and creators". Their price for the set is $89.99. Also, that the label is BMG Special Products.

Now the amazon.com site says that their set has 5 DVD's and that it retails for $89.99 but has been discounted to $67.50. They say that the label is Ventura Distributions, but I read a post on this forum where Jason said that they were actaully being released by BMG.

These are the exact same set , in my humble opinion - there are too many similarities for them not to be. So, if you order your box set of MSCL from amazon you get interviews with the stars and creators. But if you order your boxed set from AU (as I did) you get a bonus disk with an all-new interview with the creators of the show and a lunchbox. Oooh, how exciting! I know which one I'd prefer - especially since it's $48 cheaper. O.K, so there's a lunchbox involved. Must be a pretty bloody good lunchbox.

And another thing. Amazon's set will be available on November 5, Ventura's on October 22, and AU's keeps getting postponed - probably because all the sets are coming from the same place - BMG. Well, they must be since Jason replied to one of my posts yesterday - where I asked him when AU were going to release the set - and he said he'd ring BMG to find out.

I rang AU this morning and asked the bloke on the phone if he knew that amazon were selling the same thing for $67. He said that amazon's set didn't include the bonus disc or the lunchbox. I told him that since I didn't pre-order I wasn't getting a luchbox anyway so I was paying $48 for 1 bonus disc. Then he tells me that I would get the lunchbox because now everyone was receiving a lunchbox not only pre-order customers. So according to this guy, all you people who pre-ordered all those months ago and probably paid money then, too, aren't going to get anything extra to those of us who ordered last week. Bet you're impressed. I also asked him when the sets were going to be shipped out and he said that they're still waiting for them to arrive and that "as soon as they hit our docks we'll ship them out". Not very promising if you ask me.

Honestly, these people couldn't run a chook raffle!!!

If you happen to visit the Ventura Distribtions website, click on New Releases and then just type in BMG in the last line of the search options and the MSCL DVD set will come up.

Michelle
"See, I have this philosophy......."

gizmodvdx
Nicky Driscoll

Post by gizmodvdx » Oct 10th 2002, 9:53 am

Well of course people who pre-ordered 9 months ago get nothing, duhh. If Ross does not tell us what 'sorry' gifts were getting in the next 5 days, Im canceling with that SOB. I dont care about a friggin bonus disc, or a stupid lunch box.

So-Called Angel
Three Rivers Resident

Post by So-Called Angel » Oct 10th 2002, 10:05 am

gizmodvdx wrote:Well of course people who pre-ordered 9 months ago get nothing, duhh. If Ross does not tell us what 'sorry' gifts were getting in the next 5 days, Im canceling with that SOB. I dont care about a friggin bonus disc, or a stupid lunch box.

Oooh, aren't we touchy!
"See, I have this philosophy......."

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Ventura Distributions/ AU Lunch box/ Phone call to AU

Post by Sascha » Oct 10th 2002, 10:54 am

So-Called Angel wrote: The Ventura Distributions website states "The set contains 5 DVD's including interviews and commentary from the shows stars and creators".
That's probably an error on Venturas webpage. When Jason reviewed the master DVDs from BMG in September, only the 19 episodes were on the 5 discs. No interviews or other bonus material. The discs distributed by Ventura are identical to those sold by AnotherUniverse.com. The interviews are only availabe on the bonus disc AFAIK.

Somebody could contact Ventura and ask them to check their website.
Now the amazon.com site says that their set has 5 DVD's and that it retails for $89.99 but has been discounted to $67.50. They say that the label is Ventura Distributions, but I read a post on this forum where Jason said that they were actaully being released by BMG.
The label is always "BMG".
BMG -> Ventura -> amazon.com/bestbuy/dvdempire/...
BMG -> anotheruniverse.com
So, if you order your box set of MSCL from amazon you get interviews with the stars and creators.
I doubt that.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Ventura Distributions/ AU Lunch box/ Phone call to AU

Post by Jason R » Oct 10th 2002, 10:58 am

I notified Ventura about the errors and also addressed it here.

There is NO bonus material on the discs that ANYBODY is shipping out right now, including Another Universe.

Another Universe has to put together a bonus disc, which they promise to send out at a later date, along with the lunchboxes, which are still not finished.

Bitterman
Liberty High Student

Post by Bitterman » Oct 10th 2002, 1:18 pm

"There is NO bonus material on the discs that ANYBODY is shipping out right now, including Another Universe."

So I paid more than $30, more than six months ago, to eventually get...

Nothing.

Nice one, AU, I hope you one day get ripped off to a similar extent.

How can any one group of people be so inept?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 10th 2002, 1:26 pm

You are getting the promise of a bonus disc and a lunchbox at a later date.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 10th 2002, 1:30 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:You are getting the promise of a bonus disc and a lunchbox at a later date.
Jason,
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest), what do you think the possibility is that AU will never send us the lunchbox & bonus disc?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 10th 2002, 1:33 pm

Can I use negative numbers?

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 10th 2002, 1:36 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Can I use negative numbers?
Uh oh. :(
I had a feeling this might happen. Once we get the DVDs, AU would think that they are off the hook for the remaining items promised.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 10th 2002, 2:02 pm

Ross sent me an email last week saying that this will be over soon and i should try to keep things up beat, even though it was obvious I didn't want to ever work with AU again (duh! understatement of the century!)

I was reading that email this morning, and I was like "what does he mean this will all be over soon? there is still a lunchbox at least 2 months away and a bonus disc that is not even authored yet."