Late Night Update

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Oct 9th 2002, 10:03 pm

A long, novella-length, hand-written written apology is the only thing I will accept.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Tracy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tracy » Oct 10th 2002, 8:31 am

Neither a tshirt or a gift certificate would make me happy.

First of all, as has already been discussed, they would probably send out size XL shirts. Many children's size shirts are too big for me to wear as actual shirts, let alone adult sizes. So even if they asked us for a size (maybe they could do it through an online form that they tell us to use but then don't even bother to process the information from without us emailing them and commenting on this forum), unless they offered sizes children's medium through adult sizes, a tshirt would not make me happy.

However, I already bought the My So-Called Life tshirt that was offered! Silly me, I know. But I have always wanted a MSCL tshirt, and even though the smallest size was an adult small, I wear it to sleep all the time, happily remembering the times when the only existent MSCL season was constantly played over and over on MTV, and I figure when I'm older I'll actually wear shirts this size, or something.

So either way, I don't want a tshirt. Okay, I guess if they sent me one in a tiny girly size, I would be happy to have one I can wear as a real shirt, but the probability of them doing this is, well, none. They can't even get the DVD itself to us. There is no way they can get each of the double and tripled billed people a shirt in their own size.

As for the gift certificate...if this is the best thing they can offer us, I guess it would be okay, but as many people said, there is nothing on AU.com that I want. Sorry Ross, we aren't hardcore Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans. The whole point is that MSCL was unlike and better than any other show ever, or at least that's how the fans who liked it enough to pay $100 for a DVD of it feel. So there is no other show that we would to buy stuff for, and none of the stuff on AU.com is anything I'd want.

I am all for the suggestion of free international shipping as my "we're sorry". I am a US resident, and the only reason I am going to have to pay for international shipping to the UK is because the project took so long that I had to change my shipping adress to the UK because I studying abroad in London this semester. Had it shipped in June, as promised, or even in July or August, I would not have to pay an additional $20 to get the discs. Or I could have not changed the address, and either a. waited until I got home to see the DVDs, or b. had my family ship it to me. But a. I have been promised this DVD for so long, I cannot wait any longer. I need to see the whole season on DVD as soon as it is available. I would not be able to stand the DVDs sitting at home waiting for me until late December, and b. it would cost almost as much for the set to be shipped to me from home than it would to just pay for international shipping. So I would definetly be happiest to not have to pay international shipping charges. Not to mention that it's not fair that I should have to anyway.

The only way to please everyone would be a combination of these suggestions. Free international shipping and a gift certificate, or something like that.

But most importantly, I just want these damn DVDs. When this project was in the planning stages, I thought it was too good to be true. I signed up for that pre-ordering petition thing assuming it was not actually going to happen, that it was just as plausible as petitioning to bring back the show or something. When I was told it was actually going to happen, they were actually going to give us a full season DVD, I could not believe it. I still cannot. Years of watching my taped-off-MTV copies, I never thought it would happen. You cannot give such hope to fans, especially fans as broken and hardcore as MSCL fans, and then shatter all our hopes. I just want the DVDs.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 10th 2002, 9:05 am

Is this topic broken?

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 10th 2002, 9:15 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Is this topic broken?
It was. It's fixed now.

Chase Cat
Three Rivers Resident

Another Universe's Lunchboxes

Post by Chase Cat » Oct 10th 2002, 12:51 pm

I visited AU's homepage today. :oops: I clicked here and there. I guess I have seen the pre-orderer's lunchbox. It truely has different colors:

:wink:
Patty to Graham: You always buy the cat nicer food than I do.

Tracy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tracy » Oct 10th 2002, 3:51 pm

First of all, as has already been discussed, they would probably send out size XL shirts. Many children's size shirts are too big for me to wear as actual shirts, let alone adult sizes. So even if they asked us for a size (maybe they could do it through an online form that they tell us to use but then don't even bother to process the information from without us emailing them and commenting on this forum), unless they offered sizes children's medium through adult sizes, a tshirt would not make me happy.
The only way to please everyone would be a combination of these suggestions. Free international shipping and a gift certificate, or something like that.

well well, check it out: http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1199

=]

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 10th 2002, 4:50 pm

Tracy wrote:As for the gift certificate...if this is the best thing they can offer us, I guess it would be okay, but as many people said, there is nothing on AU.com that I want. Sorry Ross, we aren't hardcore Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans.
Speak for yourself sister - some of us ARE! That said, I don't want a BtVS shirt, mug, comicbook, or doll.