Late Night Update

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Late Night Update

Post by Jason R » Oct 8th 2002, 3:14 pm

Nor do I.

My wife noticed something about when I would talk with him. I would get off the phone and somehow feel like my problems were being addressed. I might even feel a little relieved. Then, the next day, same bullshit as always. She would get furious at me. One day I'd be pissed, and the next day I'd be saying "Ross says he's taking care of it."

My wife is a heck of a lot smarter than I am. Now, I take her advice, and I don't believe an ounce of the crap that he tells me.

Despite all of this, there is absolutely no reason why every possible thing was fucked up. It just defies logic.

I feel like Ross is a character in Mel Brook's "The Producers." Run a company so poorly that you ensure its demise! I honestly don't get it.

I just don't get it.

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Oct 8th 2002, 3:53 pm

andrewgd wrote:So where the f*** is it now???
I'm still waiting on a quote. When I get it I'll post here. Otherwise there isn't a update yet.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 8th 2002, 4:08 pm

I have a question for everyone on this message board while we wait to find out what kind of reward you are all going to receive for being mistreated..

Would a trinket make things up to you? If not, what would it be? I'm just saying this because the problems encountered seem to be well-beyond standard trinket proportions.

Not that anybody at AU is going to listen to me, or you, but we might as well give them some suggestions.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 8th 2002, 4:19 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Would a trinket make things up to you? If not, what would it be? I'm just saying this because the problems encountered seem to be well-beyond standard trinket proportions.
I think I need some lube for my ass at this point.

Seriously though, it depends on what the 'trinket' is. At this point, my decision to stay with AU depends on what they're getting in addition to the dvd and lunchbox, and what they decide to do for everyone who has been overcharged.

The only real way that I'll be happy about this is if they are held responsible for the illegal actions of their company. (I'm assuming taking money without permission is illegal, right?)

But, unfortunately I don't think its cost effective for us to do that. I WILL be posting in every comic/specialty message board I can find about their practices, and I strongly encourage everyone else to do the same. That might help make me feel a little better...I dunno.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 8th 2002, 4:29 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:I have a question for everyone on this message board while we wait to find out what kind of reward you are all going to receive for being mistreated..

Would a trinket make things up to you? If not, what would it be? I'm just saying this because the problems encountered seem to be well-beyond standard trinket proportions.

Not that anybody at AU is going to listen to me, or you, but we might as well give them some suggestions.
Well... at this point it would have to involve either Tom Irwin or Jared Leto (ideally both), my apartment, a bottle of massage oil, candles, and lots of good food...

Nah, on second thought.... I like andrewgd's idea better.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by StrawberryGirl » Oct 8th 2002, 4:33 pm

Megs wrote:Well... at this point it would have to involve either Tom Irwin or Jared Leto (ideally both), my apartment, a bottle of massage oil, candles, and lots of good food...
Thanks for the laugh Megs...we all for sure need it.

I'll bet Jared could rub that dvd-induced knot out of my neck. :)

guruka108
Frozen Embryo

Amazon.com DVD set

Post by guruka108 » Oct 8th 2002, 4:43 pm

Geez... is this the same 5-disc set that Amazon is offering for $67.49 with a November 5th release date?

What's the point of pre-ordering with AU when AU has billed me $240 for the same item?

Might as well cancel AU and order from Amazon, que no?

.....G

smackey
Overlooked Sibling

no trinket

Post by smackey » Oct 8th 2002, 4:46 pm

I think the best bet would be for AU to just drop this "trinket" business entirely and buckle down on delivering what they promised in the first place. It's clear that whatever item Ross is waiting for "pricing" on, it's going to be another involved ordeal that's only going to prolong the completion of this horribly drawn-out transaction. AU should forget adding anything else; they should focus all their energy on refunding the overcharges while tying up the loose ends (bonus disc, lunch boxes). Free shipping might be nice for those who didn't make the deadline. The choice will be easy: Those who are fed up or only want the episodes can go with Amazon; those holding out for the bonus DVD and lunch box can take their chances with AU.

As for me, any extras may be moot. I, like many others, have had all I can take and am teetering on the brink of canceling simply for the principle of the matter: AU doesn't deserve my money or anyone else's if they can't conduct business in a professional manner--I don't care if they're throwing in a date with Claire Danes/Jared Leto (your choice) and a lifetime supply of Crimson Glow. Thankfully the option of Amazon has arisen. Survival of the fittest will settle this one.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 8th 2002, 4:52 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Would a trinket make things up to you? If not, what would it be? I'm just saying this because the problems encountered seem to be well-beyond standard trinket proportions.
At this point i dont think there is anything they could do or give that would make it up to any of us. The majority of us have been overcharged atleast once, and had to wait for a return of our money. We have ALL been lied to, forced to wait, and had to deal with the lack of information coming from AU (especially the lack of valid information).

Trinkets and the like would definitely ease some of us, because atleast we would have something more to show for all the bullshit we had to deal with over the past X amount of months. I personally like free stuff :wink: , so i will definitely be pleased with somethings if what they decide to offer is perceived as good (which will vary between all of us im sure). Will it make me jump up for joy and spread my love for AU across the land? No. Nothing at this point could make me do that. Would i ever shop at AU again? I would like to say no and firmly believe that. But I have to honestly say i have said that before, about 6 months before i had ordered the MSCL set. My girlfriend and I had excessive problems with them and we refused to shop with them again. But then came the MSCL set... I held it off and held it off till what i thought was going to be the ship date and...lo and behold... here i am.

So a trinket? More like trinkets, even that wont be enough to make us happy, but atleast then we might not band together, plan a field trip and tear the place apart. :twisted:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 8th 2002, 4:57 pm

Part 2 of my survey (this is what we, in marketing research, refer to as "leading," LOL):

What is your attitude about receiving a gift certificate from Another Universe? Would this make things up to you?

I am posting this here for the benefit of AU, as I know they are currently considering how to compensate you for their incomepetence. (They don't call it their incompetence, but you know what I am getting at). I am also posting this, in part, to be a wise ass because I am kind of pissed that they would tell some vendors not to speak with me.

1) If the truth isn't bad, you don't need to hide it.
2) If AU's employees wouldn't tell customers conflicting information, I wouldn't still be getting so many customer complaint emails from them.

siandam
Jody Barsh

Post by siandam » Oct 8th 2002, 5:04 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Part 2 of my survey (this is what we, in marketing research, refer to as "leading," LOL):

What is your attitude about receiving a gift certificate from Another Universe? Would this make things up to you?
If I received a gift certificate from AU in any amount, I would use to wipe my a**, because in my opinion that would be what it was good for.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 8th 2002, 5:09 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:What is your attitude about receiving a gift certificate from Another Universe? Would this make things up to you?
This is kinda like the trinket. Actually, if the certificate is worth it, I'd rather be able to choose what I get from AU for free, than have them dictate what crap they throw at me to shut me up.

As it stands, with the bonus disk, lunchbox, and the fact that we could get it for at least $30 less at amazon, the gift certificate would have to be for at least $35.

Anything below that and I'd probably have to cancel with AU, as well as everything I stated I'd do previously.

StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by StrawberryGirl » Oct 8th 2002, 5:28 pm

Looking at AU's site- there's not a single thing I would want to order from them. Of course, that would make it far less aggrivating when whatever item I did order never arrived. :roll:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 8th 2002, 5:29 pm

What I find interesting in the premise of the "sorry we f'ed up trinket" is that Ross has already stated that AU can't refund us the price difference (meaning AU price minus Amazon price) yet they're scrambling to come up with some little toy that's going to make us feel better. Well, the first problem is that in order to ATTEMPT to erase that pesky painful "someone just drove an unlubricated dumptruck up my ass" feeling, I would want something that equals the price difference. If AU "can't" afford to give me some of that money back, I want something that's worth the money I gave them (yes GAVE).

If they can't afford to refund the price difference to us, how can they afford to spend money on a token peace offering? $35 per customer is still $35 per customer no matter where you take it off the books. Of course, that's assuming that their trinket will be worth the price difference. For all we know, they will throw in unwanted stuff that has been lying around AU for ages. Hey! Maybe one of us will get the Red Stapler!

If they were to give us gift certificates, I would use mine if only to take more merchandise off their shelves - after all, that comes out of their pockets (via the CD that $99 went into straight out of my bank account). I would be sure not to exceed the certificate amount because I don't want to give them any more money. Heck, I might buy something I don't really want and just sell it on ebay or give it to someone. And as andrew said, the gift certificate would have to be worth at least $35 to convince me not to cancel my order.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 8th 2002, 5:50 pm

Not that i would be very interested in buying from them, a gift certificate (as stated AT LEAST $35) would be a decent attempt, and yes it would be better cause it will atleast please more people than a 'gift' that some of us might not want.

The way i look at it is i am paying double what amazon is selling it as...but i am a whore for extras and cool things with DVDs so i am staying in it for the box and the bonus, but if they werent making any attempt to please us or it is a pathetic attempt than might still jump ship.

A gift certificate would be "ok", cause then i could buy more simpsons s**t :lol:. But i would try not to go above the amount on it and it would have to be something that is IN STOCK and IN THEIR HANDS.