Cancelled Order

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
kouros
Frozen Embryo

Cancelled Order

Post by kouros » Oct 7th 2002, 1:40 pm

I finally gave up and went ahead and called AU and cancelled my order this morning. I'm not willing to pay so much for the lunchbox and bonus disc.

Interestingly, while on the phone, the guy over at AU desparately tried to keep my order by claiming that Amazon has false information on their website. He claims that other retailers will be in breach of contract if they sell the discs within 6 months of AU's release. He also mentioned that a T-Shirt and a "to be determined" extra item will be included with AU orders. And also, that shipping would be free.

I had been double charged so I am skeptical of their refund process. The guy at AU would not give an estimation on when I'll receive a refund on my credit card; stating that my cancelled order would go to the bottom of the accounting department's stack (which includes everyone's double bills). Needless to say, I think I'm going to have to dispute the original charge with my credit card company if I ever hope of getting my money back.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 7th 2002, 1:47 pm

See this frightens me. No one can give an answer that coincides with what someone else says from AU.

Ross didnt mention a t-shirt, but this guy on the phone did. WTF? Can't they have a meeting and atleast agree on the bullshit they will feed us so it doesnt come out so blatantly bullshitty?

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Oct 7th 2002, 1:47 pm

Interesting. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not to cancel. I'd like to know whether the info on the Amazon site is really false or not. Ross? Jason? I'd also like to know what the hell this 'extra' is going to be.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 7th 2002, 1:50 pm

I have already told you that the information on Amazon.com is not false and there is no way that they can be sued for selling it.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 7th 2002, 1:50 pm

hollis27 wrote:Interesting. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not to cancel. I'd like to know whether the info on the Amazon site is really false or not. Ross? Jason? I'd also like to know what the hell this 'extra' is going to be.
Well it is definitely false in the sense that it says it is Region 1. And possibly since it has the bonus disc. If they will have it or not i think is still to be seen. Though i doubt they will, I think AU will be the only ones carrying it. Atleast for awhile (and no, not just because they aren't done yet :wink: )

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Oct 7th 2002, 1:53 pm

Oops, sorry Hollis, this is Jason.

Instead of replying I used my magic moderator powers and accidentally overwrote your post.

DISREGARD THIS POST. Jason asks Hollis to repost.

To answer the post that I erased, though, "yes, I know this is confusing."

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Re: Cancelled Order

Post by Ross Rojek » Oct 7th 2002, 1:55 pm

kouros wrote:Interestingly, while on the phone, the guy over at AU desparately tried to keep my order by claiming that Amazon has false information on their website. He claims that other retailers will be in breach of contract if they sell the discs within 6 months of AU's release. He also mentioned that a T-Shirt and a "to be determined" extra item will be included with AU orders. And also, that shipping would be free.
He shouldn't have said that and I just told him that.

I'll make sure your credit and refund are handled.

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Oct 7th 2002, 1:58 pm

fnordboy wrote:[ And possibly since it has the bonus disc. If they will have it or not i think is still to be seen. Though i doubt they will, I think AU will be the only ones carrying it. Atleast for awhile (and no, not just because they aren't done yet :wink: )
Since we own or have licensed the material, they won't have it.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 7th 2002, 1:58 pm

Ross Rojek wrote:
fnordboy wrote:[ And possibly since it has the bonus disc. If they will have it or not i think is still to be seen. Though i doubt they will, I think AU will be the only ones carrying it. Atleast for awhile (and no, not just because they aren't done yet :wink: )
Since we own or have licensed the material, they won't have it.
That is exactly what i figured...for now.

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Oct 7th 2002, 2:00 pm

Bloody hell. This entire fiasco is really starting to hit me as being hysterical.