Answering questions you might have.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by StrawberryGirl » Oct 9th 2002, 3:24 pm

Thanks Jason- but I guess what my question really was is this- what is the process once everything finally IS cleared? Is there a lot that still has to go on, or does it go straight to production with a relatively short turnaround. Like I said, I don't really know the process. (and, yes, I am aware that a "relatively short turnaround" with AU is really, really, INSANELY relative). :wink:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 9th 2002, 3:28 pm

Wish I could answer that one. I recommended AIX to do the discs because they have the expertise. I would have felt better knowing that true professionals were handling the bonus disc.

This is a HUGE DVD Xmas season, and the folks I recommended were going to be able to squeeze this job in despite the small order size.

siandam
Jody Barsh

Post by siandam » Oct 9th 2002, 3:47 pm

I'm just not sure why the bonus disc isn't already done. Shouldn't it have been ready for the first release date or even the September 17th date? When did the bonus disc become a low priority? What is AU's hold up with finishing it? And since the manufacturing of the actual discs were held up by AU not paying BMG, couldn't they have used the extra time to finish the bonus disc so it could be shipped with the series discs at the same time, to actually save AU money.

And why hasn't Ross announced what is actually on the disc. Didn't he mention that he had a big announcement to make a long time ago? Did he ever make it?

Is there any other place to get information from AU than the few sporadic posts Ross makes here on this board?

It is just getting fustrating wading through all the posts on the board trying to find actual information.

I also know that these are basically unanswerable questions for Jason, but maybe if they are asked enough, Ross might give us some credible information.

Thanks Jason for attempting to keep us informed.

p.s. I really want this shirt also. http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/prod.aspx?p=mscl.3079417

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 9th 2002, 3:52 pm

siandam wrote:And why hasn't Ross announced what is actually on the disc. Didn't he mention that he had a big announcement to make a long time ago? Did he ever make it?
I believe that Ross was going to do the BIG bonus disc announcement two weeks ago, but once again...nothing.

And on Friday, he said he would let us all know how AU plans to sweeten the deal so that we don't all cancel and buy the set elsewhere. And...nothing.

I appreciate the "not promising anything until it's for sure" tactic they have moved to, but if that's the way things are going to work from now on (unlike the three previous ship dates), then why tease us with the promise that we will be given information ("soon") and then not tell us anything?

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 9th 2002, 10:13 pm

What I want to know is what AU plans to do for those of us who ordered by the original Feb 28 deadline, and were supposed to be rewarded for doing so.

I preordered then to receive discounted shipping ($6.95 off), plus receive my exclusive lunchbox and bonus disc. I paid in full in March, again to be sure I got what was supposed to be exclusive to preorders. Now everyone is getting free shipping and the lunchbox if they don't bail and go to another vendor.

I think I am entitled to something that maintains the exclusivity I was ordering early to get, and not get lumped in with those who waited until the last minute to order. I can live without a T-shirt, and I'm not looking for trinkets. An AU gift certificate will do me little good since I am in Canada and their shipping is unbelievably expensive, however, if one were offered, I would hope that it would also include a free shipping offer as long as whatever else was ordered shipped with the lunchbox.

$40 (the difference between AU and Amazon) is not to be sneezed at, especially given the length of time AU has had my money. I would have cancelled already if it weren't for the fact that it would be a pitiful waste of time and money to have waited this long for our s-called exclusive set, then wind up with something everyone and his dog can own for half price.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 9th 2002, 11:09 pm

I have some more information that I have been sorting through.

I feel that if Ross suggests that I am full of s**t, that he start posting some responses very soon.

What I've posted so far is tame.

Ok, here is my first question.

If you told me all along that the credit card double charges were due to Authorize.net, then why did they not have any record of any call from anybody at AnotherUniverse.com? Forget the fact that you finally figured out that the problem was with your shopping cart. For about 4 months you told me that the problem was with them, and that you had to switch merchant account providers. So, why was there no record of anybody ever calling them? I think that a lot of double charged customers would like to know.

Thanks,
Jason

somamoon
Three Rivers Resident

Post by somamoon » Oct 10th 2002, 12:13 am

Umm...because they did the charges themselves? It's pretty obvious really. It's easy to put two and two together. Just look back at the facts:

Overcharges occur. AU blames their CC company. CC company laughs at this allegation. AU eventually admits "it was their shopping cart." Now I've worked on computers for awhile, even done tech support for a few years. Computers don't "magically" process things (maybe eat things, but NOT process them). Commands have to be given, buttons pushed. Someone pushed the buttons to charge our cards.

The next question is - Why? That I don't know. But I have a theory. The recent revelations into AU's "cash flow" (or lack thereof) are pretty insightful. Judging by their bounced check history, it appears that AU has some trouble keeping cash in their accounts. My theory is that AU "borrowed" money from the MSCL fans, with the intention of paying it back. But they don't have the funds to pay it back, which is why they keep sitting on the refunds.

Just my theory. It's why I decided to dispute the first overcharge and cancel my card to prevent any further charges. Some people might think I'm paranoid, but I just like to consider myself pro-active rather than reactive. :D

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Oct 10th 2002, 12:55 am

somamoon wrote:The next question is - Why? That I don't know. But I have a theory. The recent revelations into AU's "cash flow" (or lack thereof) are pretty insightful. Judging by their bounced check history, it appears that AU has some trouble keeping cash in their accounts. My theory is that AU "borrowed" money from the MSCL fans, with the intention of paying it back. But they don't have the funds to pay it back, which is why they keep sitting on the refunds.
Well supposedly Ross will take care of my overcharge. It's ludicrous to think this could take more than 24 hours to process. I'll give it another 24 to make sure it can post online. However I agree with you that something much more illicit is going on.

Chase Cat
Three Rivers Resident

Bonus Disc Preview

Post by Chase Cat » Oct 10th 2002, 1:35 am

I asked this in another thread, but due the mass of posts it was unanswered.

Jason, will you preview this bonus disc, like you've done with episode discs or are you out of loop regarding this disc? I think there should be a second opinion about quality of picture and sound plus a checkup of menu functions before the whole run will be manufactured.

Please Ross, let him do that job (and pay him!), because it's our last goodie except of the metal postcards (former lunchbox :wink: ) we will receive.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Bonus Disc Preview

Post by Jason R » Oct 10th 2002, 1:39 am

You can be pretty sure that AU will not ask me to review it. Even if it is ever completed.

southernfire
Tino

AU vs. Amazon

Post by southernfire » Oct 10th 2002, 4:01 am

Jason,

I know that you have previously skirted the issue, but suppose you knew this person that was in a situation where even though they were promised special bonuses, pre-paid, and were jerked around for months were able to purchase a "stripped-down" verion of the same product, would you reccomend such a purchase? And what posibility is there of this person actually recieving a full refund of afore mentioned pre-payment of delayed product? If you think there might be any reason of a non-refund type situation, would you advise?

kittyKat

Chase Cat
Three Rivers Resident

Re: Bonus Disc Preview

Post by Chase Cat » Oct 10th 2002, 6:11 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:You can be pretty sure that AU will not ask me to review it. Even if it is ever completed.
Thank you for your answer, Jason.

I hope you don't seriously doubt, that this Bonus Disc will get real (some day). If so, where would be the exclusive matter of this deal, huh? :?

To Ross:

Can you tell us, if the clearing of MTV footage makes some progress.
When will the printed metal be folded to lunchboxes?
What exactly do you think, will be given as an "excuse" except of Box and Disc? I think, the gift certificate isn't worth the paper on which it's printed.

I know, some of this was already asked, but in meantime it's far too deep in all this threads, so maybe Ross cannot find it. :roll:

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Oct 10th 2002, 6:23 am

Southernfire, you're really asking questions that have already been answered:

1) Ross himself promises that you will get 100% refund, including deposit, if you e-mail him directly and ask to cancel. His e-mail address is all over this forum; do a search.

2) If you ask Ross today for a cancellation, he will likely point out that the DVDs are going to ship VERY soon now...all indications are that BMG is about ready to load them onto trucks to send to Sacremento, where AU has boxes made up and ready with our addresses on them. Perhaps thos made-up boxes have t-shirts and AU gift certificates in them, and/or something else....who knows? But these will be on-the-way to us soon. After that it will merely be a matter of waiting for Lunchboxes and Bonus discs, neither of which are a finished product yet, and Lord knows if they ever will be. But THEY are what you are paying the extra $ for compared to Amazon, etc.

3) I cannot speak for Jason, but his answers have pretty much been "do what your heart tells you to". I get the feeling that if he were in our position, he'd be hitting Amazon about now. He just doesn't want to come right out and say it. And I don't blame him. This whole situation has hit him in the wallet, but more important to him it's hurt the business model he invented, and in a very large way his reputation. And all he's tried to do was help people, and try to earn a modest (and I do mean MODEST!) living in the process of doing something positive for fans of this show. But he's gotten screwed over big time here. It doesn't help him one wit when any of us bolt for Amazon. But he doesn't blame us at this point, either.

I myself am sticking it out with AU, for complicated reasons that I cannot put into words here, but you get a feel for in my various posts. I console myself with the idea that its only money, and that the Amazon set will be there later to order if the AU set never shows up.

I knew my money was at risk back when I signed up for the first $20, and then considered the risks again when I signed up for the balance. While I never agreed to pay a dime more than that, and fought bitterly when I was double-charged to get THAT back, the original amount of money I "kissed goodbye" when I agreed to this amusement park ride, and assumed back then that I could potentially never get a product for my C-note. "Youse plays the game and youse takes yer chances"

If this roller coaster has stopped being a ride you want to be on, then by all means jump off and go hit Amazon. MUCH less risky. In another universe :) , I've already switched my order to them, I'm sure. But for now, in this timeline, I'm sticking it out for the nonce.
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 10th 2002, 8:57 am

I have some more questions for Ross. I hope he will answer them.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 10th 2002, 9:56 am

I honestly never gave it much thought before, but in light of recent events I feel that I should ask this question.

In the first week of August, Ross told me that he was leaving CMI Holdings and actually taking AnotherUniverse with him to a new company that he was forming. I'm sure that all of his stockholders know about this, but he told me that it probably was not going to happen until after the discs were received, and would not be noticed by anybody. Since that was over two months ago and Ross gave me a 45 day timeline for his departure and formation of the new business entity, I am curious as to whether that already happened, or whether it is still set to happen?

So, my questions are:

Is Ross Rojek still the CEO of CMI Holdings?

Is AnotherUniverse.com still part of CMI Holdings?

When will Ross be leaving CMI, and will the transition to the new company be smooth?

And will this have any effect on customers receiving their product? Will the new company be responsible for shipping the lunchboxes?

Thanks, in advance, for responding to these questions.