My response to the Amazon DVD Deal...

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
PinkTribeChick
Frozen Embryo

My response to the Amazon DVD Deal...

Post by PinkTribeChick » Oct 6th 2002, 5:00 am

Okay...I just joined the BB - and it was more or less to get answers about the DVD situation, and give my take on things. Yeah - I've gotten a whole lot of crappy service from AU.com (it took about 5 phone calls before my info was put into the system and I finally got an order number - and I PRE-ORDERED!!!!). But at this point - I don't really see that AU.com or Ross or Jason are the large part of the problem - they can't control what BMG does. I mean - think about it - the runaround that BMG has given us and AU.com about the whole sitch - is it really any wonder that they went bankrupt at one point? Seriously...I'm wondering if anyone who works there actually knows what they're doing. It was frustrating enough the first time around - when they released the VHS stuff. This is just worse. I placed my order in February - and still have no DVDs in my hand. All I want is to be able to see my fave episodes of the show again - is that so much to ask? Would it kill BMG to be reliable for once? I THINK NOT!!! Really - BMG is to blame for the larger part of the frustration, if you think about it. Double-charging is nothing compared to the fact that NO ONE has actually gotten the product they've ordered yet - and the date for receiving it keeps getting pushed back. Maybe we should file a lawsuit against BMG, not AU.com. They're the ones that have yet to deliver the product we paid for and AU.com promised.
BTW - is there some sort of confirmed receiving date yet? Like - BEFORE CHRISTMAS? Seriously...I'm getting tired of this crap - and I'm getting tired of calling AU.com. I'm sure Wade - the guy who answers the phones there - is really getting tired of hearing my voice. And I'm tired of getting the runaround. I just want to see the show again. Please? :oops:
~PinkTribeChick~

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 6th 2002, 6:16 am

I don't think you are looking into all the information before stating things. Obviously, yes, there are some problems with BMG (liscensing problems, taking forever to issue a press release, etc.) These are minor problems compared to double, triple, quadruple (there has to be atleast one instance out there) charges, complete lack of information coming out, sharing completely unrealistic ship dates, and allowing the set to be sold elswhere. All from AU.

It has been said elsewhere on this board that AU gets something out of the set being sold elsewhere, they were involved with the deal and had to sign off on it. Ross either A- Has no clue how to run a business, B- Doesn't give a damn about any of us purchasing a MSCL set, or C - Both. I'm voting for C, personally.

The Amazon thing pisses me off, just about as much as having money repeatedly stolen from me by AU pisses me off. 126 bucks for a exclusive set, that wont be made available everywhere for 6 months is a good deal. $126 for a set that i can get anywhere else for half the price is a f***ing horrible deal. Whoopty woo a bonus disc...I'm sure that will be worth the 60 dollars... :roll:

I think the only major problem BMG has is that they have no idea about what will and what will not sell. I mean if they thought MSCL was a niche product they were sorely mistaken. Last time i checked it had a 77 Sales rank on amazon.

Maybe some good will come of this, they will start releasing more products like this, they will never deal with AU again, and no one who comes to this board will use AU again. And i guess we can all rejoice in the fact that this DVD project was the beginning of the end for AU, it's just a shame that we all had to be the ones to truly suffer through this ordeal.

And the next thing you will hear from Ross after our sets finally arrive will be, "Would you like fries with that?"

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 6th 2002, 6:19 am

Oh yeah, well no there s no confirmed ship or receive date...but i would say that Amazon's is the most realistic one I've heard during this whole clusterF.

So i would stick to that one.

brooklyn_bridge_4sale
Nicky Driscoll

fnordboy

Post by brooklyn_bridge_4sale » Oct 6th 2002, 12:04 pm

this persons works for amazon you can tell, as for me a stock scam artist lol

why would i even deal with a company thats has so much debt. no thanks!

brooklyn_bridge_4sale
Nicky Driscoll

Re: My response to the Amazon DVD Deal...

Post by brooklyn_bridge_4sale » Oct 6th 2002, 12:12 pm

You are absolutely correct, thank god your an intelligent human being.

It is obvious that ventura dist, and amazon people are all over this board and will post under multiple alaises to help market their newly found DVd lol

BMG is not an angel here. But big Corps like this dont care about the small person.
and this DVD will not make or break BMG.

it will definately affect amazon, they owe money to everyone.
PinkTribeChick wrote:Okay...I just joined the BB - and it was more or less to get answers about the DVD situation, and give my take on things. Yeah - I've gotten a whole lot of crappy service from AU.com (it took about 5 phone calls before my info was put into the system and I finally got an order number - and I PRE-ORDERED!!!!). But at this point - I don't really see that AU.com or Ross or Jason are the large part of the problem - they can't control what BMG does. I mean - think about it - the runaround that BMG has given us and AU.com about the whole sitch - is it really any wonder that they went bankrupt at one point? Seriously...I'm wondering if anyone who works there actually knows what they're doing. It was frustrating enough the first time around - when they released the VHS stuff. This is just worse. I placed my order in February - and still have no DVDs in my hand. All I want is to be able to see my fave episodes of the show again - is that so much to ask? Would it kill BMG to be reliable for once? I THINK NOT!!! Really - BMG is to blame for the larger part of the frustration, if you think about it. Double-charging is nothing compared to the fact that NO ONE has actually gotten the product they've ordered yet - and the date for receiving it keeps getting pushed back. Maybe we should file a lawsuit against BMG, not AU.com. They're the ones that have yet to deliver the product we paid for and AU.com promised.
BTW - is there some sort of confirmed receiving date yet? Like - BEFORE CHRISTMAS? Seriously...I'm getting tired of this crap - and I'm getting tired of calling AU.com. I'm sure Wade - the guy who answers the phones there - is really getting tired of hearing my voice. And I'm tired of getting the runaround. I just want to see the show again. Please? :oops:

Douglas
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Douglas » Oct 6th 2002, 12:13 pm

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
comedown and waste away with me,

brooklyn_bridge_4sale
Nicky Driscoll

Mr mate

Post by brooklyn_bridge_4sale » Oct 6th 2002, 12:19 pm

go back to amazon an tell your boss to pay his bills, and to stop offering products at reduced prices, when infact they probably dont have that many DVDs to begin with. Amazon is broke.
Douglas wrote::twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Bitterman
Liberty High Student

Post by Bitterman » Oct 8th 2002, 6:17 pm

"why would i even deal with a company thats has so much debt. no thanks!"

Thirty-three orders.

Thirty-three orders arriving on time.

Thirty-three orders that I made that I couldn't find cheaper elsewhere.

One hundred percent success rate.

You know what, even if Amazon went bankrupt and couldn't deliver the next order I made from them, I'd still have a 97% success rate.

Who's the bigger fool, the fool who buys from the fool, or the fool who foolishly laughs at the fool buying from the fool while foolishly being foolhardy and ordering from fools?

episapia
Overlooked Sibling

Post by episapia » Oct 8th 2002, 6:33 pm

At any rate, if amazon does happen to go bankrupt after all of us have placed our orders, it won't matter! why brooklyn bridge? Because Amazon doesn't charge for items that haven't been shipped, unlike certain companies . . .

azfreakboy
Frozen Embryo

Hell yeah.

Post by azfreakboy » Oct 10th 2002, 1:42 am

episapia wrote:At any rate, if amazon does happen to go bankrupt after all of us have placed our orders, it won't matter! why brooklyn bridge? Because Amazon doesn't charge for items that haven't been shipped, unlike certain companies . . .
And if i am not mistaken, i do belive it is illegal for a company to charge for a product before it has been shipped. :evil:

But, since this is a pre-order i'm not so sure.