As an informed consumer

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
brooklyn_bridge_4sale
Nicky Driscoll

As an informed consumer

Post by brooklyn_bridge_4sale » Oct 6th 2002, 1:16 am

I just want to let you know that amazon.com is a publicaly traded company, that I used to own, but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you can look this up, reseach them, ect ect

Amzn has to pay 5% in to 1.75 billion of debentures(DEBT); it has still
never made enough to pay this.-- still burning the shingles off the roof!!

what this means is that Amazon is in big huge debt. and may calopse any day. And if you order through them you may end up losing all your money or take your chances like K-mart or worldcomm.

When the credit ratings on wallstreet go lower for default ON THEIR DEBENTURE TO THE PUBLIC (DEBENTURES IS AN OBLIGATION OF DEBT THAT AMAZON HAS, BUT DOESNT HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY :( ) dont expect a refund.

If you dont belive me amazon also has a BOOK VALUE OF NEGATIVE!

(book value actual value of company)

-$3.80 THAT IS -$3.79 LESS THAN ANOTHERUNIVERSE

ANOTHERUNIVERSE IS ACTUALLY WORTH MORE TECHNICALLY THAN AMAZON. go figure,

here is the link http://biz.yahoo.com/p/a/amzn.html look at book value

and debt. This company may not make it.

But you take a chance with a company whose book value is -$3.80

just had to add this. BUYER BEWARE! Amazon is over priced at the moment and if you own this company you will lose money like enron worldcomm ect, if they can not pay their debts,

not to mention other debts that amazon has. Look at this link , the financial outlook of amazon is real bad.

http://biz.yahoo.com/fin/l/a/amzn.html

any number in parenthesis means its negative, close to 1 billion dollars in debt amazon has, if you go to cash flow you will see amazon has none, close to a billion in the hole. Better check for your selves, oh oh

HOLY MOLLY!!! ANOTHERUNIVERSE HAS Little or no debt other than the over charge :)

no wonder amazon did this they are desprate :o

THIS LINK HAS THEM @ 2 BILLION DOLLARS IN LONG TERM DEBT
http://biz.yahoo.com/fin/l/a/amzn_qb.html

its all there. roll the dice. with the k mart of the web or be cool! with AU.

just my humble opinion
Last edited by brooklyn_bridge_4sale on Oct 6th 2002, 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

episapia
Overlooked Sibling

Post by episapia » Oct 6th 2002, 1:48 am

Wow is right. So Instead of ordering from Amazon, which has consistently sent me every item i have ordered at an excellent price, I can take a chance on a Another Universe? I can take a chance on some company that I have never heard of, and order something that is overpriced by an amazing amount, be charged for it, and never recieve it? I think I'll stick with Amazon.
Atleast Amazon.com isn't scaming anyone. Everyone knows they are indebt, as many companies are. Anyone can look at their profile online. They are not hiding anything, just telling the truth UNLIKE Another Universe, who has consistently withheld information to its costumers. And if you actually looked at that link you put up, you would notice that Amazon's stock performance is going up, which would be a GOOD thing. They are doing fairly well this year. You need to be a bit more objective about this whole stock thing.
You gave us a link to amazon's ticker number, so where is the link to Another Universe's ticker number?

brooklyn_bridge_4sale
Nicky Driscoll

AMAZON not scamming anyone???

Post by brooklyn_bridge_4sale » Oct 6th 2002, 1:52 am

they are 2 billion dollars in debt!!!! are you stupid to put it bluntly

not 2 dollars, 2 billion dollars. Have to be nuts, Amazon has no money and can not break even on any sales they do now this

watch out!!

W.Coast port shutdown could hurt Amazon.com-report
Thursday October 3, 2:57 pm ET

SEATTLE, Oct 3 (Reuters) - The shutdown of ports on the U.S. West Coast may crimp sales and earnings for Web retailer Amazon.com Inc.'s earnings (NasdaqNM:AMZN - News) during the last three months of the year if the closure is prolonged, a Salomon Smith Barney analyst said on Thursday.
ADVERTISEMENT

The brokerage's analyst, Lanny Baker, said a drop in inventory for the electronics, tools and kitchen goods sold on Amazon's Web site could reduce the online retailer's revenue by as much as $118 million during the crucial holiday-season fourth quarter.

"If the work stoppage ends up being brief, there may be little to no effect," Baker wrote in a report. "However, if the work stoppage persists throughout Q4 2002, we estimate that Amazon could face as much as a 5-cents-per-share negative earnings per share impact."

Fourth-quarter revenue would be $1.149 billion instead of estimated $1.267 billion and net income would be $20 million lower than forecast, he said.

Financial analysts and investors are watching Amazon this year to see if it can stage a repeat of its performance during the last quarter of 2001, when the Seattle-based online superstore posted its first-ever net profit of $5 million, surprising analysts, investors and naysayers.

A labor dispute, which has resulted in the lockout of union longshoremen at ports stretching from San Diego to Seattle, has choked off about half of all U.S. imports, with cargo stuck on ships floating off the coast and factories sitting idle because of parts shortages.

"We're in a wait-and-see mode right now," said Amazon spokeswoman Patty Smith, noting that Amazon's most profitable books, music and video/DVD division gets most of its products from within the United States.

"Our vendors have been watching the situation for the past few months," she said, adding that 25 percent of Amazon's business now comes from its international Web sites.

Baker also noted that many domestic retailers and manufacturers had already taken steps to mitigate the impact of a shutdown by sending early shipments to California or diverting supplies through Canada.

But, he said, "Amazon is more limited in its ability to develop a contingency plan given its short-fuse/just-in-time inventory model."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 6th 2002, 2:06 am

This isn't news, i think everyone knows that Amazon has never ever made any real profit and is always down every quarter.

For the last 2 or 3 years all you heard is that Amazon might be going under...blah blah...

brooklyn_bridge_4sale
Nicky Driscoll

?? youre assuming.

Post by brooklyn_bridge_4sale » Oct 6th 2002, 2:11 am

which is dangerous, not everyone knows that their DEBT has blown up like the Hinderburg!!!! Do you know how much interest in on 2 billion dollars. This amazon will eventually float away to never never land like eToys, and go bankrupt. and all the customers will be left holding empty DVD bags :(

fnordboy wrote:This isn't news, i think everyone knows that Amazon has never ever made any real profit and is always down every quarter.

For the last 2 or 3 years all you heard is that Amazon might be going under...blah blah...

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 6th 2002, 2:12 am

I like your new forum name Ross, it seems more fitting. :lol:

brooklyn_bridge_4sale
Nicky Driscoll

Youre smoking crack chief

Post by brooklyn_bridge_4sale » Oct 6th 2002, 2:25 am

If you think I from the west coast. better take a look at you amazon people dumping shares

2002-08-01 BEZOS, JEFFREY P.
Chief Executive Officer 950,000 Planned Sale
(Estimated proceeds of $13,452,000)

there is a reason why anotheruniverse is @ http://wallstreet.hollywood.com pal. no DEBT!!!!!!

and AU is going to be succesful.

fnordboy wrote:I like your new forum name Ross, it seems more fitting. :lol:

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 6th 2002, 2:28 am

don't feed the troll

brooklyn_bridge_4sale
Nicky Driscoll

you look like an amazon cronie, they paid you huh lol

Post by brooklyn_bridge_4sale » Oct 6th 2002, 2:31 am

You getting fat for Thanksgiving, because amazon stock price will soon be its -3.80 when I get the word out of its true market value
pilgrim lol

andrewgd wrote:don't feed the troll

your gonna to need it when you get plucked amazon boy !!! lol

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Oct 6th 2002, 2:36 am

Whether you like amazon or don't like amazon, then only thing getting accomplished here is expressing the fact that you can also buy this set at amazon.com and since at the current moment the collection costs less at amazon.com and you aren't charged until it is shipped I don't think amazon.com's debt status plays any role in whether a person should buy from amazon.com or anotheruniverse.com.

episapia
Overlooked Sibling

Post by episapia » Oct 6th 2002, 2:46 am

OK, Brooklyn Bridge, I think it is clear that you have a good amount of money invested in the stock of Another Universe. This is not a trading website, so your information is no good here. I don't want to buy stock in amazon, does anyone else? NO! we just want an easy way to get the dvd set.
No matter how much "shocking" information you tell us about amazon or any other company selling the set, it won't make people forget the way they've been treated by AU. It's as simple as that.

brooklyn_bridge_4sale
Nicky Driscoll

You will never know my poker hand.

Post by brooklyn_bridge_4sale » Oct 6th 2002, 2:54 am

But what is known is that amazon has HUGE DEBT!! 2 billion and growing like McDonalds. and that is bad. I dont own stock under 25 dollars sorry.

episapia wrote:OK, Brooklyn Bridge, I think it is clear that you have a good amount of money invested in the stock of Another Universe. This is not a trading website, so your information is no good here. I don't want to buy stock in amazon, does anyone else? NO! we just want an easy way to get the dvd set.
No matter how much "shocking" information you tell us about amazon or any other company selling the set, it won't make people forget the way they've been treated by AU. It's as simple as that.

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Oct 6th 2002, 2:56 am

Okay I think this needs to be said: We are all grown ups here and it is our choice to decide who we want to buy things from. No matter how convincing you think this stock info is I really don't think it will influence anyone's decision. I think most people here would agree we really don't care who we buy the dvd's from we just want to recieve the goods we've paid for in a timely fashion.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 6th 2002, 3:06 am

I would like to add that this is the DVD section of the MSCL forum, not an investment forum. As far as your advice goes, thanks but no thanks. Amazon's debt has not prevented them from shipping everything I have ever ordered in a timely fashion at a discounted price, which is more than AU can say. You keep on worrying about your investment and we'll keep looking for places to buy merchandise at the best price. If that means I end up buying toilet paper at Kmart, despite the fact that they have filed for bankruptcy, so be it. All I care about is that they have what I want when I want it at a fair price. That doesn't make any of us stupid - we aren't the ones who have invested money in any of these companies.

I realize that it's difficult for you to disguise your writing style, but at least consider spellcheck. Dead giveaway.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 6th 2002, 3:09 am

candygirl wrote:I realize that it's difficult for you to disguise your writing style, but at least consider spellcheck. Dead giveaway.

<gasp> :shock: Candy, are you saying that this is Mr Handheld Football???? Wow...he had me fooled :roll: