Amazon selling for $67 with free shipping.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Re: Amazon

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 4th 2002, 10:17 pm

Ross Rojek wrote:
We're working on that as well. We'll be doing something about the price difference and the early purchase issue as well.
Now I'm going to be P.O.ed if i don't get not only my $115 overcharge PLUS some compensation for paying what was supposed to be a special price clear back in March! :x

Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Re: To be fair

Post by Fedup » Oct 5th 2002, 9:22 am

fnordboy wrote:I was credited on one of their screw ups. Now im just waiting for the next 115 bucks they stole from me.

So they have credited a few of us. Granted it wasn't even acknowledged by them till Jason helped (thanks!)

PS - hit the "quote" button at the top of each post instead of the reply button.
fnordboy, thanks for the tip. As for my statement, yeah, it was a bit of an overgeneralization, but I really think they're not doing enough, and they're definitely not doing it fast enough. My situation isn't as bad as yours, but it still ridiculous the effort that customers have to go through to clear up mistakes made by AU.

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Oct 5th 2002, 12:09 pm

Allright , well ross I dont want to seem rude, but i think we all have the right to be very mad right about now.
Lets hope you guys truly ARE trying to figure something out with price differences and such, because Im not getting a Lunchbox, but i am getting the bonus disc set from you guys at AU, and a bonus disc is not worth $45.
and lets hope it doesnt take as long as everything ELSE is taking over there for us to figure out what we should do in regards to canceling our order or not.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 5th 2002, 8:51 pm

LetsBolt wrote:... because Im not getting a Lunchbox, but i am getting the bonus disc set from you guys at AU, and a bonus disc is not worth $45.
and lets hope it doesnt take as long as everything ELSE is taking over there for us to figure out what we should do in regards to canceling our order or not.
Exactly. I am paying 45 for that bonus disc too. I think at this point everyone who ordered from AU up to before the amazon.com thing was announced should AT THE LEAST get a lunchbox (if someone is stupid enough to order from AU after this has come out they dont deserve a box for not shopping around).

I mean the only reason i waited to order to the day before the original release date was because i knew that dealing with AU again would be a BIG pain in the ass...and you know what it was worse than i expected. :evil:

brooklyn_bridge_4sale
Nicky Driscoll

Free shipping before AUG 25,2002 LOL

Post by brooklyn_bridge_4sale » Oct 6th 2002, 1:05 am

The fine print:
Applies only to orders with over $25 of merchandise, excluding gift-wrap charges and taxes, at Amazon.com, including the Borders teamed with Amazon.com site.
Free Super Saver Shipping excludes toys, video games and accessories, baby products, certain oversize items, Target products, Marshall Field's products, e-books and e-documents, software downloads, music downloads, gift certificates, Target GiftCards, Marshall Field's GiftCards, items from the Toys & Games store, Baby store, Marketplace (primarily used and refurbished items), Auctions, zShops, Circuit City, J&R Music and Computer World, Office Depot, and other third-party merchants (such as drugstore.com, Expedia.com, and Ofoto), and those products that do not include this icon:
Applies to U.S. delivery addresses in the 50 states only, including Alaska and Hawaii, but is subject to other geographic shipping restrictions that may apply to particular products.
Applies to APO/FPO addresses when using a United States ZIP Code only.
Please note: Some special product, order, or handling fees may still apply.
May be used in conjunction with a promotional certificate. The qualifying amount is the total amount of the products purchased before the promotional certificate is applied.
May be used with 1-Click orders. To take advantage of this offer, please follow these steps:
Once you've ordered over $25 of eligible products, click the "Review or edit your 1-Click orders" button on the 1-Click confirmation page.
On the next page, which summarizes your order, click the Change button next to Shipping Speed.
Finally, select Super Saver Shipping as your shipping speed.
You will not receive free Super Saver Shipping on your order if:
Any eligible items are canceled, bringing the total below $25.
A qualifying order is consolidated with an order placed before August 25, 2002.
We reserve the right to change or discontinue free Super Saver Shipping at any time.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst ... 26-0779129