A question to ask

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

A question to ask

Post by LetsBolt » Sep 30th 2002, 11:16 pm

hmmm im new to the boards but am waiting to see what happens to myself about the double charge. Since i just ordered the DVD set like...3 weeks ago, I have to wait for my Bank Statement to be sent to me so i can see if a double chare has occured. NOW THE QUESTION IS: Have people who have been ordering the sets recently been over charged, or has it happend MAINLY to pre order or early order makers?....did the problem mostly get squashed by no, or is overcharging still occuring??

err....im confused.

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Sep 30th 2002, 11:20 pm

I ordered the set on March 3rd, and got charged for the second time on August 9th...So, I guess the issues haven't been taken care of. :(

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Sep 30th 2002, 11:26 pm

ok that really is crazy.
YOu get over charged like 4 months later? So basically now i have to be really careful in checking my statements (even though i allready should, heh) Thats fishy...

littleduck
Tino

Post by littleduck » Oct 1st 2002, 1:22 am

Hi!

I ordered my set on August 24th and haven't been overcharged(yet). :o However, I have been checking my credit account weekly just to make sure everything is correct. So, it's been a little over a month since I ordered and everything seems fine. If it makes you feel better you can call au's customer service number; but the person I spoke with wasn't very helpful. It seems that keeping in contact with your credit card company is much more effective. Good luck. :)
"same circus, different clowns..." -Lynda Barry

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 1st 2002, 1:47 am

Ross Rojek (seemingly one of the main honcho's at AU...sorry I don't know his actual position there) has said that they're system is set up completely differently than when the double billings were taking place. He's stated this a few times in previous posts if you read through them. He says that since the systems are now different, that its not possible for the double billings to take place again, that it only happened with the pre-orders. I tend to beleive him on this fact...but I also believed that my debit card # was in trustworthy hands when I gave it to them, so I have been proven wrong. :)

But I wouldn't worry if you placed your order past the beginning of August, you're probably ok. (But it definitely doesn't hurt to keep checking your account.

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Oct 1st 2002, 6:09 am

Ross Rojek (seemingly one of the main honcho's at AU...sorry I don't know his actual position there)
He's THE main honcho...the CEO (Chief Executive Officer). Noone bigger! ;)
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: A question to ask

Post by fnordboy » Oct 2nd 2002, 11:22 am

LetsBolt wrote:NOW THE QUESTION IS: Have people who have been ordering the sets recently been over charged, or has it happend MAINLY to pre order or early order makers?....did the problem mostly get squashed by no, or is overcharging still occuring??
I ordered in June, got double charged in end of june/beginning of july (cant remember exactly) and then charged AGAIN on Aug. 19th (like a lot of people). :evil:

I think that august 19th was the last time there was any double chargings, though i may very well be wrong about that.

fnordboy

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Oct 2nd 2002, 11:25 am

thanks everyone this has been very helpful.....
now didnt someone say something about these dvds being shipped by the 8th.....hmmmmmmmm guess the waiting continues...hehe :roll:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 2nd 2002, 11:47 am

No, I said the likely date for completion was on or around the 8th. And this pretty much lines up with what BMG told AU yesterday. The remainder of the time depends on how long it takes to get them from North Carolina to Sacramento.
LetsBolt wrote:thanks everyone this has been very helpful.....
now didnt someone say something about these dvds being shipped by the 8th.....hmmmmmmmm guess the waiting continues...hehe :roll: