When are they actually shipping?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
TrippinShiva
Tino

When are they actually shipping?

Post by TrippinShiva » Sep 27th 2002, 8:21 pm

I have been keeping up with this forum daily and have seen no sign of improvement. I know BMG is not "giving" the DVDs over to Another Universe, and AU isn't talking to Jason. But, can ANYBODY from any of these companies just come on out and tell us when the ACTUAL EXPECTED SHIPPING DATE IS?

As it is stated, AU still states that the shipping date will be 9/17/02. Obviously, we have passed that date up almost two weeks ago.

Can AU just tell us when to expect it to be shipped.... they are not inspiring confidence in any of their customers here. I have already been triple charged, reported it to AU, Jason, and whomever, when I finally got "provisional credit" back for almost $200 from my card company - which was not a credit card, but a debit card which came right out of my checking account when I had to pay rent. (I am a student; I don't have much money here.)

It would be appreciated if AI put up an info page, so that we don't have to rely on MSCL to get our info. I just want to be in on whatever is happening with these damn CEO and sales reps, because I KNOW NOTHING of when I will be receiving something I paid for 6 months ago.
Katarpillar

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Sep 27th 2002, 8:49 pm

Here's the response I got to the same question....http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6619#6619
If you can make any kind of concrete sense of it please let me know.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

A prognosticator prognosticates his prognosis.

Post by Jason R » Sep 27th 2002, 10:33 pm

Hollis, you are usually so quick to pick stuff up!

I'll give some hints:

Take the sept 17 date. add roughly three weeks.

(BMG said 2-3 weeks. Somehow this was interpreted as 8 days by AU). AU was telling me 8 days, and BMG was simultaneously telling me 2-3 weeks. I could not reconcile this, but I knew that BMG had a pretty decent grasp on the amount of time it would take. Dana, the director of production at BMG, can pretty much predict up to the hour.

And, in reality, for any bloated bureaucracy like BMG, 2-3 weeks is more like 4 weeks. (trust me on this).

So take the Sept 17 date and add roughly 3 weeks to it.

If I were a betting man (and remember, I won $90 in Vegas!), I'd say roughly October 8. This date is even well within the comfort level of BMG. It is entirely up to AU to not delay after they get this discs. I hope they are unfolding some boxes right now!
hollis27 wrote:Here's the response I got to the same question....http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6619#6619
Last edited by Jason R on Sep 28th 2002, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Shipping date

Post by Anakin » Sep 28th 2002, 12:03 am

Well... maybe we'll get the lunchbox even earlier than the DVDs in such situation.
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Re: A prognosticator prognosticates his prognosis.

Post by hollis27 » Sep 28th 2002, 1:13 am

Hehe - I know, I'm sharp as a bloody tack with most things. Good to see your back Jason - you sound refreshed. (Back on the crack I'm assuming..well we all have to fall off the wagon at least once). :wink:

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Hollis, you are usually so quick to pick stuff up!

I'll give some hints:

Take the sept 17 date. add roughly three weeks.

(BMG said 2-3 weeks. Somehow this was interpreted as 8 days by AU). AU was telling me 8 days, and BMG was simultaneously telling me 2-3 weeks. I could not reconcile this, but I knew that BMG had a pretty decent grasp on the amount of time it would take. Dana, the director of production at BMG, can pretty much predict up to the hour.

And, in reality, for any bloated bureaucracy like BMG, 2-3 weeks is more like 4 weeks. (trust me on this).

So take the Sept 17 date and add roughly 3 weeks to it.

If I were a betting man (and remember, I won $90 in Vegas!), I'd say roughly October 8. This date is even well within the comfort level of BMG. It is entirely up to AU to not delay after they get this discs. I hope they are unfolding some boxes right now!
hollis27 wrote:Here's the response I got to the same question....http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6619#6619

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Sep 28th 2002, 5:15 am

Thanks jason...october 8...add 5-7 days for shipping. so...mid october. good thing i have a TON of work coming up to get my mind off of the set. midterm exams are coming up...oct8,10,15...so much stuff to do...hopefully by the end of the madness...i will have the set in my hands. :)

TrippinShiva
Tino

Post by TrippinShiva » Sep 28th 2002, 5:50 am

Thank you Jason.

I know I may have come off as a bitch.

I just wanted any fragment of information. Now that I have an idea, I am going to chill out. I hope that you can do the same for a while.

Thanks again,
Kathleen
Katarpillar

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 28th 2002, 8:14 am

I didn't check my email for like 12 days when I was on my honeymoon. When I did, I made the mistake of visiting this site (it was my last day, after I checked out from the hotel). I saw the 9/17 date and I was like "ok, who's eaten too many poppy seeds?" Totally blew the trip home for me.

You can ask folks who emailed me. I always responded, "it's never, ever, ever gonna happen by that date." So this is like one of the few times when I am fairly calm because I know they are on the horizon, yet AU could have prevented a whole shitload of panic by being conservative with the date.

I said this, pretty much, on the day after I previewed the check discs. There was no way that they were going to have them in Sacramento within 6-7 days. And as much as it was a nice thought to offer to send people to North Carolina to begin shipping from there, even if it was going to happen, there is no way that 3,600 copies would be sent from North Carolina, so it was pretty obvious that it was going to take longer for, at least, the vast majority of customers.

Last but not least, coming on the board and saying "by the way, I may have gotten something very cool for the bonus disc," really didn't help anything either. Most of the people here would just be happy to simply watch MSCL on DVD. It has been a bumpy ride. Better to wait until something is definite before announcing it. I saw the thread, and saw that people were excited, but I didn't want to respond with information if the whole thing fell through.

To end speculation, they are trying to get some of the MTV footage in addition to Museum of TV and Radio footage. I honestly do not know where they stand with the progress on either of these.

TrippinShiva wrote:Thank you Jason.

I know I may have come off as a bitch.

I just wanted any fragment of information. Now that I have an idea, I am going to chill out. I hope that you can do the same for a while.

Thanks again,
Kathleen

smackey
Overlooked Sibling

bonus materials

Post by smackey » Sep 28th 2002, 9:10 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:To end speculation, they are trying to get some of the MTV footage in addition to Museum of TV and Radio footage. I honestly do not know where they stand with the progress on either of these.
Well, I for one want to thank AU for stepping up to the plate and trying to get this stuff. Such acquisitions would go a long way toward mitigating the anger/dissatisfaction with AU, I think. Not that we'd all be ready to take another flyer on an AU purchase, mind you, but it's encouraging to me that they are trying to make the bonus disc as good as it can be rather than just packing up and getting this whole project off their backs. So thanks.

full disclosure: I am currently all set to get the discs ("ready to ship status" or whatever); a slight overcharge of mine was handled perfectly. Anyway, I say that because I'm sure there are others of you out there who'll read this and not be so quick to cut AU slack for trying to do the right thing. It just encourages me that they're not just phoning the rest of it in (hopefully).

Bitterman
Liberty High Student

Post by Bitterman » Oct 1st 2002, 6:26 pm

"Most of the people here would just be happy to simply watch MSCL on DVD"

Damn straight. Interviews? Pah. Just let me watch the damn episodes.

Furthermore, isn't it just a tiny weeny bit late to be finalising contents for the bonus disc - even given the fact it's shipping seperately? Surely the contents should be finalised, and the gold disc already pressed? Otherwise we'll be waiting till NEXT October for the extra disc!

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Oct 2nd 2002, 4:39 am

Well I really enjoy bonus stuff. I like to get 'behind the scenes' and pick up extra information. I for one am happy for the bonus disc to be longer if this means we get more viewing material. :)
Mom. Streamers?

mwb
Tino

Post by mwb » Oct 2nd 2002, 9:50 am

I'm with you, Debs. I'm actually more excited for the bonus disc than the episodes--probably because I taped them all when they originally aired and watch the constantly...

I'm more than willing to wait a little longer for more interviews, 'behind the scenes,' etc.

Pedro
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Pedro » Oct 2nd 2002, 10:03 am

I agree with Debs. Im looking forward to the bonus disc as much as I am
the entire episode collection. All those behind-the-scenes snapshots and cast interviews or whatever would be so good cos it will give us an insight into how the cast and crew value, enjoy and interpret the show.

Good stuff and worth waiting for 8)

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Oct 2nd 2002, 11:30 am

although i would be just as happy to just watch the episodes on the DVD's I am really really really excited to see the extra bonus disc dvd. Interviews and behind the scenes stuff...from like...8 years ago? thats really awesome and exciting if you ask me :D

Krakolano
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Krakolano » Oct 3rd 2002, 1:03 pm

screw the bonus disc. congratulations to everyone who had the foresight enough to tape every episode when it first aired. unfortunately most of us are buying these discs because we got screwed by BMG once already, when they made suckers of us for buying the two thirds of the episodes they saw fit to release.

i just want to watch a goddamn tv show, is that too much to ask?

what's with all this fuss? this is probably the most critically acclaimed show in TV history. how can this be so hard? what the fudge? why can they just get us an accurate shipping date? why is the sky blue? why do i still live in my parents basement? and why am i SO HUNGRY???!!!! what the hell...?
"i don't believe in making plans...whatever happens... happens."

-- Krak