Ross, your website still is still incorrect.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Ross, your website still is still incorrect.

Post by andrewgd » Sep 27th 2002, 4:36 pm

Tricky of you to just replace the 17th date banner with a white square, but on your actual product page it still says the 17th.

So can we still expect it to ship then? :) (Now you're going to have to shell out for a time machine...)

Another problem:
"None of the thousands of customers who have ordered from us have reported fraudulent use of their credit card as a result of shopping at Fandom Shop."

I suggest you remove that immediately. Otherwise you are still lying to your customers. And we all know that AU is trying to work on that.

DoubleBilled
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DoubleBilled » Sep 28th 2002, 2:53 pm

Still?!?

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Sep 28th 2002, 4:21 pm

I asked for it to be updated. I'll check with him again.

Also the fraudulent use is refering to customer cc info being hacked or stolen. While the double charge issue is a problem, its still an internal problem.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Sep 28th 2002, 4:54 pm

Ross Rojek wrote:Also the fraudulent use is refering to customer cc info being hacked or stolen. While the double charge issue is a problem, its still an internal problem.
So maybe you should state that, because to me, when you use my CC without me authorizing it, I consider it fraud and stealing.

How can you not consider it stealing?

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Sep 28th 2002, 5:52 pm

andrewgd wrote:
So maybe you should state that, because to me, when you use my CC without me authorizing it, I consider it fraud and stealing.

How can you not consider it stealing?
Apparently, you don't remember clicking the "provide six to ten week interest free loan to AU and/or Authorize.net at AU's discretion" option on the MSCL online order form. It was right next to the other option you likely selected: "supress all official dvd production updates in lieu of an unofficial message board that only some people know about"

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Sep 28th 2002, 6:21 pm

pgh_kenny wrote:Apparently, you don't remember clicking the "provide six to ten week interest free loan to AU and/or Authorize.net at AU's discretion" option on the MSCL online order form.
Exactly. Oh well, I did get refunded. BUT I do think that AU should be held accountable for stealing our money. Granted, they returned it, but if I took someone's wallet, and only returned it after they complained, I'd still be in a lot of trouble.

So, is AU going to change their website, and be truthful to their customers...

I doubt it...with their track record. But we'll see how honest they can be.

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Sep 28th 2002, 6:57 pm

I'm not trying to get into an argument with you over this.

The charges were accidentally done through batch information transfers between our computer systems and our processor. We have completely changed that system in order to make sure it can not happen again.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Sep 29th 2002, 1:03 am

actually, ross, I accept that explanation and its good to hear you've changed the system. i guess if you are processing the credits manually, it could take quite a bit of time to get through them all. i guess there wasn't some way to submit a batch refund?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Sep 30th 2002, 8:54 pm

First of all, congrats on finally fixing your site. You're no longer lying to your customers there.
Ross Rojek wrote:I'm not trying to get into an argument with you over this.
I'm not trying to get in an argument either. I understand that it wasn't human error.

But....

I still think its illegal for AU to take our money, even though its eventually being returned. I believe that AU should not get away with this without being punished somehow. Wade and others played "pass the blame" and now that they can't do that anymore you just chalk it up to "computer error" and expect us to just accept it and move on. I don't care if it was a computer glitch. AU is responsible, and should be held accountable. You cannot take people's money, hold it, and only give it back when they complain. This has to be illegal.

Does anybody else see this?

The least AU could do is offer everyone who was overcharged a decent sized gift certificate, to ensure that we'd use AU again. Because, the way things are now, I'm never ever going back. And I used to get all my comic paraphanalia through AU. I've never even gotten "promised" apology in the mail. (Speaking of which I never ever recieved my paper receipt either...)

But if I had some reason to go back, I definitely would, and it would go a long way to healing AU's relationship with its customers.

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Sep 30th 2002, 10:44 pm

andrewgd wrote:But if I had some reason to go back, I definitely would, and it would go a long way to healing AU's relationship with its customers.
Already in the works. Along with developing better customer service systems, a good follow up to the MSCL DVD and making the final package better for everyone.

It's not like I'm ignoring eveything that's been going on. There are just so many resources I can throw at the problem. But as we fix things, we shouldn't (hopefully) have the same problem again.

And without starting a "but you said you'd have something to announce" statement, we are working on a way to be able to do a project just like this without the pre-order/pre-pay/wait for manufacturing issues we've had to deal with. And if it works out, I'll let you people know first.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Sep 30th 2002, 11:01 pm

Ross Rojek wrote: Already in the works. Along with developing better customer service systems, a good follow up to the MSCL DVD and making the final package better for everyone.
Well, that eases my concerns at this point, thank you for the reply. Up until this point AU seemed completely unconcerned about compensating (in some fashion) for the time and frustration that went into dealing with AU stealing our money. So I sincerely thank you for correcting my perception. I hope AU follow through this time.

I do hope that your fix won't merely be offering a good follow up. Without some sort of incentive, there's no reason for me (or anyone else I beleive) to go through this again. And, as happy as I am to hear that you're customer service will be better, I have to have a reason to even give it another shot. Its gone past the point of "Trust us, its better."

But, at this point, I'm willing to wait and see whats up your sleeve. Thanks again for being forthcoming (as much as you can :)).