The Latest I have heard from AU

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
DoubleBilled
Three Rivers Resident

The Latest I have heard from AU

Post by DoubleBilled » Sep 24th 2002, 10:38 pm

I FINALLY got through to AU this morning, and this is what I was told by Wade.

They are shipping soon, and the accounting dept. will go through EVERY account opened for this sale to see what to do with it.

Either:

Bill it once, because some people havent even been billed once.
Remove it, because people have cancelled and they don't want to send someone a set who cancelled.
Credit over charges, because there were over charging problems.

My account was noted to be credited, they even got the amount right because it was a weird amount.

So, the accounting dept is severly backlogged due to the problems, so when they get to my account, they know what to do. I accepted this, and will wait until I get the credit on the card.

I assume all of us with problems are in this same boat. Our accounts are noted, but we just haven't been "gotten to" yet. I'll bet this is why the sets haven't gone out yet, they want to have everything squared away first, especially the "don't want to send someone a set who cancelled" part.

The only thing I wish could have happened is that we got an EMAIL stating this. Instead, it took me 5 calls to AU, 3 emails to AU and 2 emails to Jason. All of which did no good. Just my 5th call today, where I got a human, and not the voice mail that says they will call you back. Ha!

I will repost this sentiment as a main thread later tonight to help placate us natives.

DoubleBilled

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Sep 25th 2002, 10:56 am

I assume all of us with problems are in this same boat. Our accounts are noted, but we just haven't been "gotten to" yet. I'll bet this is why the sets haven't gone out yet, they want to have everything squared away first, especially the "don't want to send someone a set who cancelled" part.
Well i had to call them yesterday because i was TRIPLE charged... woohooo! I feel special! And I wouldnt agree with the above statement. Wade said they do not have the DVDs yet, and for once i actually believe AU. I really think they are waiting on the shipment, which he said would be anyday.

Of course this doesnt mean they shouldnt be able to catch and/or fix double, triple, and im sure the rare quadruple billings in a timely fashion.

I agree with the fact that AU should have been emailing us all consistently thorugh the project, but for them to now send out an email and say, "we will have them soon" is pointless. They know that they would be throwing themselves to the lions by doing that, which we should all have the pleasure in doing personally <eg>.