It's Monday! (Bonus Disk)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
hollis27
Liberty High Student

It's Monday! (Bonus Disk)

Post by hollis27 » Sep 23rd 2002, 11:34 am

"We may have an extra surprise on the bonus disk. More information on Monday." - Ross

It's Monday!!! Any info? :o

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Sep 23rd 2002, 8:00 pm

Hellooooo??????? Please don't tell me this is going to be another 'We'll have news on 'this' day, but you'll never hear anything about again' type deal. :roll:

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Sep 23rd 2002, 11:33 pm

OK, I realize I'm probably just (still) talking to myself here. But honestly, am I the ONLY one who find this FRUSTRATING AS HELL?!? :evil:

DrLemonBurn
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DrLemonBurn » Sep 24th 2002, 12:53 am

I'm mostly posting this because someone needs to answer you, even if it's just a "Yeah!" from someone who doesn't know anything (me!).
hollis27 wrote:OK, I realize I'm probably just (still) talking to myself here. But honestly, am I the ONLY one who find this FRUSTRATING AS HELL?!? :evil:
Well, not frustrating as hell (that's like when you're on an important date in a fancy restaurant and you're wearing tight pants and you really have to pee, but your zipper's stuck), but it's frustrating, yeah. I can fully appreciate what a tough time AU's been having with the relative "enormity" of this project, but their customer relations are crap. It's really lame that they don't tell us anything, and then on the rare occasion that they do, we can't take them seriously.

But ugh. I want those discs, so I have to hang on. :?

G. That's a happy note, right? I'll end on that.
so says Sparx.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Sep 24th 2002, 1:33 am

hollis27 wrote:Hellooooo??????? Please don't tell me this is going to be another 'We'll have news on 'this' day, but you'll never hear anything about again' type deal. :roll:
You'd think we'd learn by now that anything we hear from AU CANNOT BE TRUSTED. There have been more LIES coming from them than TRUTHS. How the heck can you run a buisness and treat your customers so badly???

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Sep 24th 2002, 9:43 am

Maybe they would rather not say anything, then say something that turns out not to be true. Wade from AU told me last night that they are still waiting for the discs from BMG. That's all they know right now. Maybe you should redirect that aggression towards BMG. Maybe they should tell us what is on the bonus disc, since they have seen it. Maybe Ross didn't see it yet.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 24th 2002, 9:55 am

Please don't redirect the aggression at BMG. They have been absolutely fantastic to deal with since the music clearances.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Sep 24th 2002, 10:24 am

I'm sorry, Jason. Just a little frustrated. I am trying to wait patiently, which is working so far. I know it will be worth it once we get it. And I kind of want it to be a total surprise, anyway.

Who knows where the aggression should be directed to. Maybe the government? That always seems to work.
Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Please don't redirect the aggression at BMG. They have been absolutely fantastic to deal with since the music clearances.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Sep 24th 2002, 1:47 pm

Thanks for the responses people. I'm really not trying to sound all whiney or negative, I just find it quite annoying when someone posts that there will be (good) news, (and I can't speak for all of you, but I could sure as hell use some good news about this right now), and then they just never follow up. As for Ross not seeing it yet, or someone not knowing for sure what's true and what isn't, then don't post that there will be news. And if you do, and you wind up with no info, take two seconds to come to this board and say 'Sorry about that, due to circumstances beyond my control, I have no info to give you at this time' or SOMETHING. My entire problem with this project is the lack of communication. Get on it AU, BMG, the Government, God, or whoever is supposed to be in charge.
And that will be my online rant for the week. Thank you and goodnight!

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 24th 2002, 2:24 pm

AU should probably have waited until they confirmed the material before hinting at it here. I know what they are trying to get, and I guess it is pretty OK, but I personally would not hint at stuff until I had it in hand.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Sep 24th 2002, 2:33 pm

hollis27 wrote:As for Ross not seeing it yet, or someone not knowing for sure what's true and what isn't, then don't post that there will be news.
Yeah, it just makes them look like bigger lyers and scumbags. And at this point, they really don't need to look any worse than they already are.

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Sep 24th 2002, 3:31 pm

Well I played phone tag with the person I needed to confirm with. I thought we'd be able to finalize it yesterday and we weren't able to do it in the morning and I spent the rest of the day on a plane, getting in late last night.

If it happens today, I'll let everyone know. I'm sorry that people felt I was teasing, but I did think I'd be able to have it nailed down yesterday.

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Sep 24th 2002, 3:33 pm

andrewgd wrote: And at this point, they really don't need to look any worse than they already are.
Ever so true.