double charge VS Naggers

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

double charge VS Naggers

Post by MartinPierre » Sep 20th 2002, 8:02 am

A lot of comments came from my use of the term "naggers" when I said there were only 20 to 30 of them.

It is true...

But let me refine the term.

A person who got a double charge is not a nagger. It's just a customer victim of an error.

A person who called several times or e-mailed several times is not a nagger either. it is just someone who takes care of it's affairs.

A nagger is someone who, after having been double charged, WILL NOT LET THE ISSUE REST !

I was double charged myself. I called AU a least 5 times regarding that, because it took more time than they said to get my refund.

Once I got it, I stopped complaining.

Now, if it was true that there was so many people who got double-charged AND DIDN'T GET A REFUND, why is there only 20 to 30 people out of 4000 that are complaining that much ?

And since guest posting was allowed, we don't even know how many people there were actually.

What I am saying is there are different type of customers :

1 - Those that didn't get double-billed : the VAST majority
2 - Those who got double-billed, got refunded and let it rest
3 - Those who got double billed and weren't refunded yet, but are waiting silently rather than yelling
4 - Those who got double billed and didn't know ( they will be refunded when the DVD ships ). We don't hear about them.
5 - Those who got double billed and weren't refunded yet and are yelling because it is taking too much time.

That last categorie includes two types of people :

1 - Those who did what was necessary ( e-mail AU, e-mail Jason, use the form, etc... ).
2 - Those who didn't anything other than post as guest and yell to everyone there is a problem and that AU doesn't respond.

That last case is joined by a few who did get refunded but pretend they didn't or refuse to let bygones be bygones.

These are the naggers, and they are less then 1% of the numbers orders !

I won't defend AU over the double charge problem : whatever they might say, it is still a problem.

However, if they are that much unresponsive, why do they ALWAYS answer the phone when I call ??? Why did they attempt to fix all my problems ( and I had more than a few ) as soon as I called ?

They customer service isn't bad, they are just overwhelmed. Like many companies when they get a bid selling product.

They do what they can, and 99% of the time, it is enough.

But like Jason said several times when someone flamed him on the board : If you don't e-mail him, He can't fix the problem ! It is often impossible to match a board id to an order.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: double charge VS Naggers

Post by Jason R » Sep 20th 2002, 8:43 am

Martin, this is an invalid argument because not everyone who ordered the DVDs posts on this board.

If there were only 20 or 30 problems, I would not have had to resort to an automatic form for handling complaints.

I'm not dissing AU, and I am not dissing you but, without getting into specifics, the number of problem-related emails was truly a nightmare for me. This is a no-win argument for everybody.

Jason

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Sep 20th 2002, 9:34 am

Well, I guess you are partially right.

However, even if they didn't post on the board, they would call AnotherUniverse to complain, e-mail or do something like sue AU.

If they don't post, and they don't hassle AU then it must be you they are hassling.

All I know, is that there are at maximum 20 to 30 people constantly complaining here ( assuming all complaints are from different individuals and that is a BIG assumption ) and at AU.

If there are more complaining to you, then I apologize.

Nevertheless, my point is that :

- If I was double-charge and nothing was fixed, I would do something.
- It would probably be agaisnt AU or on this forum.
- The number of people doing the above is at maximum 20 to 30 out of 4000.

Yes, you are right, not all the 4000 visit this board.

However, the 4000 paid, and want their product.

As such, I am assuming that those who don't speak up, have no problem. If they had a problem, they would either post here, contact AU or you.

Is that such a huge assumption ?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 20th 2002, 9:48 am

I see this argument isn't going anywhere. :?

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Sep 20th 2002, 10:05 am

Ok...

I'll drop it...

I mainly want to say that unlike the nagger want us to believe, there aren't that many people angry at AnotherUniverse as the board would let us believe.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 20th 2002, 10:10 am

Neither you nor myself are in a position to say how many people are angry. You cannot tell me the mood of 4000 people and cannot tell you.

So why don't we stop predicting, and just acknowledge that nothing short of a customer survey to all customers would be able to provide an answer?

Regardless, I laugh at your 20-30 assessment. :lol:

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Sep 20th 2002, 11:14 am

Jason, if you don't pull your hands out of your hair they're going to stay there permanently!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can only IMAGINE how many complaint emails you got...sheesh!
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Sep 20th 2002, 3:37 pm

I thought that was only if someone slapped you on the back...ala One Crazy Summer. :D
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Sep 20th 2002, 3:54 pm

LOL Mike!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A great scene from a great movie.

Have a good weekend...

SCF
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Logsama
Tino

not to "Nag"

Post by Logsama » Sep 20th 2002, 4:25 pm

but I've been trying for over a month now to get a double charge off my credit card. Actually it's been on my card since August 5th, but I only noticed on August 20th. All I have to say is I'm glad I wasn't using a debit card(!).

I guess I'm one of the "silent majority". :wink:

Honestly I wish AU would just give me a firm date as to when the refund will show up on my card. Don't tell me "shortly" "soon" unless it's going to be today or tomorrow. If it's a month, tell me it's a month. After all, they made the mistake. I shouldn't have to "nag" them for them to correct it. I've never had any problem like this with any other company.