Quality check?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
MovieMac
Liberty High Student

Quality check?

Post by MovieMac » Sep 19th 2002, 5:25 pm

Hi everybody. I've been reading this board since February, but actually never posted. So, hi everybody! :D

I've a question for whoever can answer it:

Have the DVDs, which we are hopefully going to receive sometime, been quality-checked? And by whom?

I know Jason received copies of the DVDs, but have you (Jason) actually just enjoyed them (perfectly imaganable ) :roll: or did you really "check" the discs, meaning looking for authoring errors, checking every menu link, checking language and subtitle options etc., etc....

I have pretty much confidence we will finally receive the discs within the next weeks, but I don't want to imagine the nightmare of a replacemant program if anything is wrong with discs.

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Re: Quality check?

Post by GordLacey » Sep 19th 2002, 5:41 pm

MovieMac wrote:Hi everybody. I've been reading this board since February, but actually never posted. So, hi everybody! :D

I've a question for whoever can answer it:

Have the DVDs, which we are hopefully going to receive sometime, been quality-checked? And by whom?

I know Jason received copies of the DVDs, but have you (Jason) actually just enjoyed them (perfectly imaganable ) :roll: or did you really "check" the discs, meaning looking for authoring errors, checking every menu link, checking language and subtitle options etc., etc....

I have pretty much confidence we will finally receive the discs within the next weeks, but I don't want to imagine the nightmare of a replacemant program if anything is wrong with discs.
Jason actually checked the discs. HE watched all the episodes with subtitles on and navigated the menus looking for any kind of error. We spoke on the phone and chatted on the 'net for hours while he was going through the discs.

Gord

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 19th 2002, 5:43 pm

i did check the menus.

However, I did not use every single option. Meaning:

I did not watch it as "play all chapters" and as individual chapters, and with and without subtitles and with stereo and with surround. I had subtitles on the whole time. I watched chapters individually, and I only used surround, except to test in some places.

I did check the audio and video quality. I did check the menu options and saw that links went where they were supposed to go, etc. But was it 100% thorough? No, it was a heuristic test.

MovieMac
Liberty High Student

Post by MovieMac » Sep 19th 2002, 6:07 pm

Thanks for those fast answers! Looks like good news. :)

Just browsed the board and found the 6-page-"Play by play review"-thread, completely missed that before. That one pretty much explains it all.