Another Universe Update

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Another Universe Update

Post by Ross Rojek » Sep 19th 2002, 2:11 pm

The FAQ posted is mostly accurate. And very welcome.

We are still waiting on BMG to finish the set. They had a couple of delays, and apparently didn't realize that we wanted the set to ship to us in a slipcase. While I know the lunchbox is going to be cool packaging, I doubt most of you will want to store the set in the lunchbox.

We will begin shipping the sets as soon as BMG will let us get our hands on them. And I'll hopefully have an update on that from them tomorrow. I may even fly out to their warehouse and begin shipping some from there while we ship some of them to CA. But we will turn this around as soon as humanly possible.

As badly as you folks want it, my staff and crew want it out of our hands and into yours. I doubt anyone else wants this thing to (finally) be resolved as much as me. Except for Jason.

We will have an e-mail update with this info and a link to a preview of the bonus material (thanks Dan) out fairly soon. I'm mostly waiting on BMG for that.

OK, now for the good news. In order to make almost everyone happy, we are making a couple of changes.

1. The first 2500 orders will be getting the set, the lunchbox, the bonus disk and a certificate of authenticity for being in the first 2500. We may have another cool thing in there that is yet to be determined.

2. The rest of the pre-orders will be getting the set, the lunchbox and the bonus disk. The lunchbox will be different from the 2500 in some way that Jason and I are still working on.

This has been a long hard project. I am sorry for any and all problems you have had working with us. We are trying to correct them all and avoid having any more happen.

Two other things.

No one from the company is doing any posting here except Justin and myself. And we both do that under our own names.

No one from the company is or will be selling the sets (particularly the 2500 early order set) on e-bay or anywhere else. All of those are going to fans that ordered them. We have some sets going to the MSCL.com crew, cast and to the lawyers at Disney and BMG. Anyone you see trying to sell them is someone who ordered the set already and is trying to scalp it out.

StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by StrawberryGirl » Sep 19th 2002, 2:16 pm

Thanks a lot for the info Ross- it definitely helps the wait!

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Sep 19th 2002, 2:54 pm

The lunchbox will be different? Now I'm getting interested. I accually never cared for the lunchbox before... but now it doesn't seem like it's something everybody will have. Maybe people would like two boxes if they are different? :P Damn... hmm I better just be happy for the DVDs... 6 dvd discs! So cool! I will guard them with my life when I get them :P

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Sep 19th 2002, 2:55 pm

Btw, how do I know if I'm with the first 2500??? :P

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 19th 2002, 3:05 pm

Before speculation gets out of hand, lunchboxes would probably be differentiated by something such as a different handle color, a tag, etc. There will not be different designs. The post could have been clearer there.

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Sep 19th 2002, 4:02 pm

Yeah, is there any way to find out if we are with (or after) the first 2500?

StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by StrawberryGirl » Sep 19th 2002, 4:16 pm

hello there jason! (that wasn't much of a break, btw) :)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 19th 2002, 4:26 pm

tell me about it. :?

tuatara
Nicky Driscoll

Post by tuatara » Sep 19th 2002, 5:52 pm

hollis27 wrote:Yeah, is there any way to find out if we are with (or after) the first 2500?
well, on the "DVD NEWS" page, March 28 was the date that the "Pre-Orders sold out!" information was posted. so, one might reason that as long as one ordered sometime before then, that one would be among the initial 2,500 sets.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 19th 2002, 5:58 pm

i would be in favor of 3000 counting as preorders. then we can be sure everyone who got in at that time gets the special one.
tuatara wrote:
hollis27 wrote:Yeah, is there any way to find out if we are with (or after) the first 2500?
well, on the "DVD NEWS" page, March 28 was the date that the "Pre-Orders sold out!" information was posted. so, one might reason that as long as one ordered sometime before then, that one would be among the initial 2,500 sets.

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Sep 20th 2002, 11:04 am

Thanks for the update Ross! :D

Jason, why are you here and not off relaxing! Tisk tisk!!!

:wink:

SCF
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Sep 20th 2002, 12:53 pm

thanks ross for the update!

yes...jason...get some rest!

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Sep 21st 2002, 4:48 pm

We may have an extra surprise on the bonus disk. More information on Monday.

Just bumping this back up to the top.

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Sep 22nd 2002, 7:03 am

Ooahhhh... Please let it be cast interviews!
Mom. Streamers?

TessD1891
Overlooked Sibling

Post by TessD1891 » Sep 22nd 2002, 12:50 pm

What's the last date for additions to the Bonus Disk? Does Jason have to preview that before it's pressed too?
Brian, we're not talking about wallpaper here, are we.