DVD Forum - Login Required!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

DVD Forum - Login Required!

Post by mglenn » Sep 19th 2002, 12:55 pm

Warning - Strong language to follow!!!

Ok it seems its time for me to go on one of my, I'm now sure famous, rants! First off let me state that I have no problem with negative posts. AU has screwed up a number off issues on this and I believe deserve to take some flack over it. But I do not believe that Jason deserves or should be forced to read negative comments from pissant little cowards who don't have enough of a f***ing spine to login and show who they are.

And guess what? It’s my server! In my house! And I answer to no one but other members of the mscl.com project team. So from here on out the DVD Forum requires a login to post. If you want to talk s**t, stand up and identify whom you are and be willing to take some flack yourself. If you don't like it fine post a reply and state your views. I'm more than happy to read and debate them. Of course you have to be logged in to do so! :twisted:

I apologize to those of you who frequent the board and are upstanding and well-rounded net-citizens, for subjecting you to this post and the hassle it may cause being forced to login. But I have a lot of patients when it comes to conflict, but it's not infinite. So when action is needed action is taken. As the quote goes: I'll never start a fight but I'll sure as hell end it!

And to end this post of a slightly upbeat note: Everyone should checkout this little band I happen to be listening to as I post this, that I found on mp3.com called Stuck On Amber. And while we're on the on the music subject I also recommend a local Three Rivers Band: The Clarks
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by StrawberryGirl » Sep 19th 2002, 1:36 pm

Here here!!! Good move, in my humble opinion...

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Sep 19th 2002, 1:51 pm

yup. :roll:
Mom. Streamers?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 19th 2002, 3:12 pm

I concur!

:D

Sky
Frozen Embryo

Post by Sky » Sep 19th 2002, 4:49 pm

I love The Clarks! :) I'm from a very small town right outside of Wheeling, WV and they're going to be playing here in a few weeks. I can't wait to see them. I can't believe we actually have a good local band around here. :wink: I'll have to check out Stuck on Amber.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 19th 2002, 7:23 pm

I'm almost afraid to post this for fear of jinxing the relative calm that has descended upon the DVD forum, but has anyone else noticed how this registration thing has reduced the number of crap posts in just one day?

Then again maybe some of our "guests" are on vacation today. Together.

:wink:

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Sep 19th 2002, 8:24 pm

Thank you, Mike.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Sep 19th 2002, 8:43 pm

I like The Clarks too. We're lucky to have such a good local band. And thank goodness for registered postings in this forum.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Sep 20th 2002, 4:50 am

good move

:)

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Sep 21st 2002, 7:40 am

I have no problem with showing my face! I just kept procrastinating about officially registering, since there was an easy way to be lazy! :)

Now, about this growth on my nose...
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Oct 5th 2002, 12:37 pm

I have never had a problem posting logged in. But I also would find it a whole lot easier to get behind a "GIVE JASON A BREAK" post if I had a certain DVD boxset in my hands already. A.U. (or whatever they are called at the time of this writing) has had my $100 since March/April....I forget. And since that time they have stolen (or at least tried to) another $115 from me via unauthorized M-Card charges. What.....you thought I just paid my C.C. statement without reading the charges.?. And now the good folks at MSCL newschannel tell us the cheerful news we didn't need to buy the DVD's from A.U. after all. s**t... we could have kept all our $$$ another six months and bought them from Amazon.com. {For a lot less f**king dollars to boot!!!} That had better be one hell of a lunchbox!!!!! People don't seem to get in too big of a hurry once all our money is in their hands. Neither Jason R. nor anyone at A.U. has done s**t to rectify that extra charge. I never heard anything from A.U. and Jason only wrote to make sure that "post-your-complaints-here" website was working properly. I had to sick big-bad Citibank on them. And it still may not be cleared up. I hope Jason and A.U. aren't seriously thinking of making a career with this DVD by request idea.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 5th 2002, 3:15 pm

I hope that you realize that despite my obviously poor choice of a retailer, I was not responsible for their errors, and worked to fix them at my own expense. However, I cannot "push the button" at AU to fix their problems.

Acting as a go-between for them did not work because they did not act on the problems I submitted to them. Therefore, I stopped helping them. It only made me look worse. Now, when you submit something to the customer service form, it logs all of your problems and the amount of time it takes AU to respond to it. The data is incontrovertible. AU's customer service is disgustingly and offensibly horrible.

Don't mistakenly think that AU paid to have the site built. Gord built it for me so that I wouldn't be crushed with customer service emails so that I could focus on my clients who actually help me put bread on my table.

I understand that through my association with AU that I have allowed my reputation to be tarnished. I hope that my choice of retailer for future projects puts you at ease. It will be announced in the near future. Too little, too late for this project. I understand that.

I just hope that you understand that I have not been posting here as a representative of AU for months now. My posts are hardly in praise of Ross or AU. I am posting as an individual who is trying to put pressure on AU to do the right thing and get through this with my reputation intact and with my promise to get the DVDs released kept.

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Oct 5th 2002, 6:23 pm

jason
big thanks.......for all your time and stress involved in this project
if it weren't for you no-one would be getting the joys of jared and clare on dvd at all..... not for $115 or even $115,000
i for one am grateful , very grateful for all your hard work i have every faith that we will one day all be the very proud owners of a shiny new collectors set of our fave show on dvd!
yeah its a bit s**t that amazon are selling it but hey watcha gonna do!
its kind of like buying a new coat and meeting someone who bought it in the sale for a fraction of the price the only problem being we haven't been wearing it all season to brag! but hey no-one i know would want this show anyway- so my bragging potential was limited from the start!!
so....i'm being patient and would be interested in seeing what your next project would be i'm sure you have learnt a hell of alot from this 'project' the next one can only be better!
i just hope its a show i have heard of as the ones mentioned in the other thread are i guess shows that didn't grace the shores of our little land! (i'm in the UK) oh well we shall see....well fingers crossed that it'll all be resolved soon and this board will be full of happy little people reliving all the episodes and quoting like they never quoted before!
cheers Jason
- Wendy