found on the web ...

As the forum title implies: This is the forum for "anything else" which doesn't fit into one of the other forums.
liberty
Tino

Post by liberty » Feb 2nd 2005, 3:33 pm

starbug wrote:
Kristin wrote:
Are people seriously going to watch this? And I'm with Nothingman here - what happens to the egg when if it gets fertilized? Too weird for me. It's appalling, actually.
I don't think there's an actual egg involved; instead they are using some kind of synthetic chemical 'lure' for the sperm, so they think there's an egg.

It is pretty low though. Ick.
I would'nt be surprised to see reality tv shows getting weirder. The whole thing reminds me of a brave new world concept. Did anyone see "the running man" (I think thats the name ) of the movie with arnold s. in it. It seemed really far out at the time it came out but now is not that much different than todays shows. One that I have become interested in is fear factor. Apparently there were complaints after they made the contestants drink dead rats mixed in a blender. The viewers found that too gross. I could gag just thinking about it.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 2nd 2005, 5:07 pm

liberty wrote:Did anyone see "the running man" (I think thats the name ) of the movie with arnold s. in it. I
I never watched the movie, but boy do I remember the running man dance!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 2nd 2005, 5:25 pm

grim4746 wrote:
Kristin wrote:9:24 = 4: ?
Huh, the average ecological footprint in Canada is 8.8 global hectares per person. I'm sure it's just some simple math thing but it still makes no sense to me. Thanks for trying to help me out.
So that means 9:24 for me and 4:8.8 for you. If you divide 4 by 8.8 you get .455. If you divide 9 by 24 you get .375, which is a little less than .455. That's pretty close!

(and hey, might I add that I haven't done any math in about five years!)
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 2nd 2005, 5:26 pm

No pun intended!

:D
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 2nd 2005, 5:28 pm

liberty wrote:Did anyone see "the running man" (I think thats the name ) of the movie with arnold s. in it.
Is that the one with James Caan as the bad guy who puts Arnold in this huge deathtrap place and Arnold has to escape the traps and evade the bad guys, all on his own with no weapons? If so, then I've seen it, a long time ago. Otherwise, I'm thinking of the completely wrong movie, sorry!

~~Kristin~~

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 2nd 2005, 5:43 pm

In honor of Groundhog Day (and Bill Murray fans):

http://www.punxsutawneyphil.com/

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Feb 2nd 2005, 5:54 pm

Kristin wrote:
grim4746 wrote:
Kristin wrote:9:24 = 4: ?
Huh, the average ecological footprint in Canada is 8.8 global hectares per person. I'm sure it's just some simple math thing but it still makes no sense to me. Thanks for trying to help me out.
So that means 9:24 for me and 4:8.8 for you. If you divide 4 by 8.8 you get .455. If you divide 9 by 24 you get .375, which is a little less than .455. That's pretty close!

(and hey, might I add that I haven't done any math in about five years!)
Very impressive Kristin! :)

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 2nd 2005, 6:29 pm

candygirl wrote:In honor of Groundhog Day (and Bill Murray fans):

http://www.punxsutawneyphil.com/
Darn. If he had not seen his shadow, that would have meant only six weeks until spring. But alas, there will be six more weeks of winter instead because he saw his shadow. :wink:

~~Kristin~~

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 2nd 2005, 6:29 pm

schris wrote:Very impressive Kristin! :)
hey thanks!

~~Kristin~~

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Feb 5th 2005, 6:24 pm

I hate to even bring up this horrid holiday. but I thought this site was really funny! Anti-Valentine's Day

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 5th 2005, 8:34 pm

It didn't open, emmie! :(

But yeah, I think valentine's is a little bogus, too. People should do nice romantic things for the people they love any time! Not because Hallmark decided on Feb. 14.

~~Kristin~~

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 6th 2005, 7:55 am

Kristin wrote:It didn't open, emmie! :(

But yeah, I think valentine's is a little bogus, too. People should do nice romantic things for the people they love any time! Not because Hallmark decided on Feb. 14.
Yeah, I agree with that.

-LanceMan

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 7th 2005, 8:24 pm

My boyfriend and I celebrate our anniversary on February 1st, so we usually don't make a huge deal out of Valentine's Day - usually we have nice desserts, but we rarely go out to a fancy dinner for Valentine's Day.

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Feb 8th 2005, 1:14 am

I'm chornically single so Valentine's is no big deal to me. I don't hate it, I think I'd like it less if I were in a relationship. The pressure combined with cheesiness might be more than I'd like. But as a single person it doesn't make me feel alienated or pressure me to find someone. Interestingly I was checking the schedule book at work today and more people have booked off Valentine's day than any other Holiday this year (it's a restaurant so we're open everyday except Xmas).

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Feb 8th 2005, 11:10 am

I still send all my singel frineds as valentine.:)
It should be about loveing...not just boyfriend/girlfrined love.
yeah and it's all a bit bogus.
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"