I found out what Another Universe's Next Project Is?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 24th 2002, 2:44 pm

I remember when AG was on TV, and I remember liking it a lot too. To those who know: how many seasons long was AG? One? Two? For the life of me I can't remember.

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 24th 2002, 3:36 pm

AG was very very short. For my part, I'm wondering if there were enough episodes of PROFIT to merit a DVD of the complete show. :)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 24th 2002, 3:37 pm

You can do a one-season box of anything.

chrisberni
Frozen Embryo

Post by chrisberni » Oct 24th 2002, 3:39 pm

Kristin wrote:I remember when AG was on TV, and I remember liking it a lot too. To those who know: how many seasons long was AG? One? Two? For the life of me I can't remember.
Only 1 season, I'm afraid - 22 episodes. If you witness a Gothnik suddenly start searching for his/her voodoo dolls after CBS boss Les Moonves has been mentioned, don't be surprised... :twisted:

Ah, but it's good to see so many people with good taste here! :D

Chris

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 24th 2002, 4:31 pm

chrisberni wrote:Ah, but it's good to see so many people with good taste here! :D
Whenever people talk about having good taste, I always remember that scene in "When Harry Met Sally" where Carrie Fisher and Bruno Kirby are arguing about that wagon wheel Roy Rogers garage sale coffee table and she says, "Everyone THINKS they have good taste."

:D

But we do. Have good taste.

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Oct 24th 2002, 9:03 pm

jason,

any chance of you bringing us our favorite czech immigrants stranded in the new mexico desert circa 1947in boxed season sets with full supplements? there seems to be a wealth of roswell material online, including the wb xmas reel, the unaired pilot, and a great cast appearance montage. please don't let things end with the final entry in liz's journal. you said you'd not soon approach roswell due to the music clearances, but please consider it. :)

-kassandra

"so that's the end. our life in roswell. what a long strange trip it's been. will we ever go back? i don't know; even i can't see everything in the future. all i know, is that i'm liz parker, and i'm happy."
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 25th 2002, 12:11 am

special_k wrote:jason,

any chance of you bringing us our favorite czech immigrants stranded in the new mexico desert circa 1947in boxed season sets with full supplements? there seems to be a wealth of roswell material online, including the wb xmas reel, the unaired pilot, and a great cast appearance montage. please don't let things end with the final entry in liz's journal. you said you'd not soon approach roswell due to the music clearances, but please consider it. :)

-kassandra
I second that! It’s time for our favorite “czechoslovakians” to go digital! :D
Besides, if they could get all the music cleared for the Buffy DVDs, it certainly could be done for Roswell too. (I hope....)
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 25th 2002, 12:19 am

I never would have guessed you were a Roswell fan. :P

I think it is totally doable. Not only that, but more than 120k-150k units out the door. Pretty much immediately.
Denie wrote:
special_k wrote:jason,

-kassandra
I second that! It’s time for our favorite “czechoslovakians” to go digital! :D
Besides, if they could get all the music cleared for the Buffy DVDs, it certainly could be done for Roswell too. (I hope....)

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Oct 25th 2002, 11:54 am

Gord and I know 1,340 people who would buy a Roswell set immediately. Don't we, Gord? ;)
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

special_k
Yearbook Team

Post by special_k » Oct 25th 2002, 12:55 pm

so will one of you good gentlemen please set up a dvd release petition site for roswell? i've been to crashdown.com, but don't think i saw one there. don't make us drench you in tabasco sauce. your wive's might not like that. :P

-kassandra
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Oct 25th 2002, 1:28 pm

special_k wrote:so will one of you good gentlemen please set up a dvd release petition site for roswell? i've been to crashdown.com, but don't think i saw one there. don't make us drench you in tabasco sauce. your wive's might not like that. :P

-kassandra
How about you just register (for free) at TVShowsOnDVD.com and vote for it? Will that do ya? :)

Just as effective as a petition, methinks. That site is Gord's baby, by the way (in case you didn't know).
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 25th 2002, 1:42 pm

The german division of 20th Century Fox seems to consider putting "Roswell" on DVD. On their frontpage ( http://www.foxhome.de ) is a small vote item: "Which FOX tv show would you like to have on DVD?". One can choose between "Roswell", "M.A.S.H.", "Family Guy" and "Malcom in the middle". Right now, Roswell has 28% (MASH 48%).

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 25th 2002, 3:24 pm

sab wrote:The german division of 20th Century Fox seems to consider putting "Roswell" on DVD. On their frontpage ( http://www.foxhome.de ) is a small vote item: "Which FOX tv show would you like to have on DVD?". One can choose between "Roswell", "M.A.S.H.", "Family Guy" and "Malcom in the middle". Right now, Roswell has 28% (MASH 48%).
Well, i hate Roswell (dont kill me!) but i would say they should make that just because the R1 of MASH is out, the R1 of Malcom is coming out (or is it out now?), Family Guy you can get R2. Logically it should be Roswell so that there exists some country with a dvd of it. And since europe seems to be a big region free player area they can all grok the goodness of import dvds.

special_k
Yearbook Team

Post by special_k » Oct 26th 2002, 9:50 am

thanks, david! what a great site. oddly, i noticed that while roswell garnered rather high a vote, another favorite series of mine, homefront, seems to have drifted into obscurity. as it rarely airs, i am to the point of having a friend convert my nearly complete vhs collection to dvd. thing is with some of these tapes being just over a decade old they won't be of the quality one might desire. oh, to be in river run again. sigh.

-kassandra

David Lambert wrote: How about you just register (for free) at TVShowsOnDVD.com and vote for it? Will that do ya? :)

Just as effective as a petition, methinks. That site is Gord's baby, by the way (in case you didn't know).

Jessie, "Once and Again"

Ben
Frozen Embryo

Post by Ben » Oct 27th 2002, 2:15 am

Hey, Special K! I knew there had to be another Homefront fan out there. If I had complete DVD sets of My So-Called Life and Homefront, I could die happy. Which, from the look of things, means I'll be living to a ripe old age.