Jeff Perry on Grey's Anatomy (2006-2009)

Get updates and talk about new (or "pre-LIFE") projects of former "My So-Called Life" cast and crew members in this forum.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Jeff Perry on Grey's Anatomy (2006-2009)

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 20th 2006, 11:33 pm

Jeff Perry appeared on Grey's Anatomy last night (2.18 - Yesterday). He played Meredith's father, Thatcher.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Feb 22nd 2006, 2:57 pm

Yes! I knew that was Mr. Katimski! It was nice seeing him in another role :)

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 3rd 2006, 4:01 pm

Jeff Perry appeared again in Sunday's episode ("The Name of the Game") of Grey's Anatomy, this time with more screen time. Great episode, BTW. I loved it when Meredith's dad (Jeff Perry) and George talked to each other... George really looks and acts like Meredith's dad :-)

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Apr 4th 2006, 4:41 pm

Yeah - another good episode. I thought he did a great job and I really liked his scene with George :)

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Apr 4th 2006, 7:25 pm

Does it seem like all the Jeff Perry is Mr. Katimski? Almost every character I've seen him play all seem a lot like Mr. Katimski, mannerisms, inflections, etc. Huh. Except maybe when he was in that one episode of Lost's first season.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 5th 2006, 5:19 am

I guess actors always (well, in most cases ;-)) portray characters they can somewhat relate to and are close to their own personality. There's probably a bit of Jeff Perry in both "Mr. Katimski" and Meredith's dad. And he's just brilliant in portraying these shy, undecided, irritated/confused characters, so he gets casted to play that type of role.

I've seen only a small fraction of his extensive filmography, but I remember that his character in "Nash Bridges" was also quite a bit different from "Mr. Katimski", although there were some similarities...

BTW, while checking out his bio at the IMDb, I noticed that he was once married to Laurie Metcalf ("Roseanne"), who also guest-starred in this weeks "Grey's Anatomy". And he appeared in "thirtysomething". Perry also founded the "Steppenwolf Theatre Company of Chicago", where Tom Irwin ("Graham Chase") started his career.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » May 4th 2006, 8:23 pm

The latest issue of TV Guide gave Jeff Perry a "cheers" for his role on Grey's Anatomy. I don't watch the show, but I'm sure he's good.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » May 16th 2007, 1:48 pm

Yes, I thought his role as Thatcher was a lot like Mr. Katimsky!! Same mannerisms!