My So-Called Life book

Discussion about the "My So-Called Life" books. NEW: "Dear Angela", a collection of essays about the show.
xxbunniluvxx

My So-Called Life book

Post by xxbunniluvxx » Jul 13th 2004, 12:19 pm

I went to a bookstore at a nearest mall called "Waldenbooks" to see if I can purcahse a My So-Called Life book..as I was searching for awhile I could not find it..I asked a worker to search the computers for it and he said that it is not available here..with frustration I went to like 3 bookstores and they did not have it,especially Borders...my last hope was a famous bookstore called "Barnes and Nobles" since it was a huge building I expected it to be there..I asked an emplyoee there if he can help me find the book he typed it in his computers and then replied

"It seems that this book is not in stock and has stopped selling"

:x :!: :!: :!: NO! :!: :!: :!:

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jul 13th 2004, 1:01 pm

Try Ebay.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: OH NO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jul 13th 2004, 3:09 pm

XXBUNNILUVXX wrote: I WENT TO LIKE 3 BOOKSTORES AND THEY DID NOT HAVE IT,ESPECIALLY BORDERS
I like that something can be especially lacking in something :wink:

If it helps, from what I've read in these forums, the books stink. Books based on TV-shows -- it's just a bad idea. You're better off with the DVDs, IMHO.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jul 13th 2004, 5:09 pm

I've read both books. The first one is just an abreviated version of the show transcripts, and the second one stinks. There is much better material in the fan fiction portion of the site.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

xxbunniluvxx

Post by xxbunniluvxx » Jul 13th 2004, 9:24 pm

i do have the dvd's but i would want to read it though

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 13th 2004, 10:27 pm

There are discussions about the books here, here, and here. I prefer reading the fan fiction, most of which seem much truer to the characters than the MSCL Goes On book.

You can usually find copies on ebay. This auction is still at only $1. Amazon also has links to used copies that are available for purchase.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

xxbunniluvxx

thnks

Post by xxbunniluvxx » Jul 14th 2004, 9:17 am

thanks candygirl

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 24th 2004, 1:36 pm

Its so hard to find these books! I am ordering the one thats about the series used from amazon. Ill probably just read it to see if its anything like the real series, plus I know it has pictures and I need some to put up!

I read my so-called life goes on! And maybe its not perfect, but i really enjoyed reading it. In my opinion its worth getting and reading!

sarahr_81
Overlooked Sibling

Post by sarahr_81 » Sep 16th 2004, 3:19 pm

i read them both, i got them from the library.

msclrules
Liberty High Student

MSCL Book

Post by msclrules » Nov 25th 2004, 2:14 pm

I'm reading the MSCL book my classmate gave me called "My So-Called Life Goes On" by Catherine Clark right now! I started it yesterday and I'm more than halfway done, I'm defnitely gonna finish it today! It's such a good book, you just can't bring yourself to stop reading it! I think I'm gonna read it a second time! Is there another MSCL book before that one? Will MSCL become a book series? :D :D
~msclrules~

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Nov 25th 2004, 4:14 pm

candygirl wrote:There are two books: My So-Called Life and My So-Called Life Goes On, both written by Catherine Clark.

These are the only two MSCL books and though anything is possible I feel confident that MSCL will not become a book series. It's nice to read that you've enjoyed the book though. I don't think I'd like it but it's nice to know that some MSCL fans can appreciate it. You might enjoy reading the stories in the fanfiction section of the site.