MSCL shout out on Gossip Girl

Found a reference to "My So-Called Life" in a book, movie, tv show or somewhere else? Then post here!
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

MSCL shout out on Gossip Girl

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 12th 2009, 5:21 am

On tonight's 80s flashback episode, Lily and Carol break into a house to steal music video footage that Carol already paid for and as Lily realizes what's going on (her first clue should have been that they were climbing in through a window), she has the following exchange with Carol's friend Owen:
Lily: So, are we, like, breaking and entering, seriously?

Owen: The window was unlocked, so really it's just...entering.
It was a Veronica Mars reunion with Dick and Gia - awwww!

The episode was directed by Mark Piznarski (which is where the character Piz on VM got his name). He directed two episodes of VM (including the AWESOME pilot) and four episodes of MSCL (Why Jordan Can't Read, Halloween, Pressure, and Betrayal).
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Cami A.
Catalano

Re: MSCL shout out on Gossip Girl

Post by Cami A. » May 13th 2009, 5:38 am

The episode was directed by Mark Piznarski (which is where the character Piz on VM got his name). He directed two episodes of VM (including the AWESOME pilot) and four episodes of MSCL (Why Jordan Can't Read, Halloween, Pressure, and Betrayal).
Wow I had no idea that VM and MSCL had some shared directors! That explains a lot.
What do you mean?
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 13th 2009, 9:00 am

Cami A. wrote:
Wow I had no idea that VM and MSCL had some shared directors! That explains a lot.
This was already mentioned in the Veronica Mars thread - you might want to check it out!
What do you mean?
Ryan Hansen and Krysten Ritter were both in this episode of Gossip Girl. Add that to Kristen Bell's voiceovers and it was probably the closest thing we'll get to a VM reunion on tv.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » May 17th 2009, 12:24 am

Natasha (candygirl) wrote:
Lily: So, are we, like, breaking and entering, seriously?

Owen: The window was unlocked, so really it's just...entering.
When I heard that line I totally looked up and was all, "Wait, did they just... Was that intentional? It must have been... but is Gossip Girl that cool?"

I loved seeing both of them together. Ryan Hansen looks way older. I love seeing Krysten Ritter in anything.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !