Heartless Doll

Found a reference to "My So-Called Life" in a book, movie, tv show or somewhere else? Then post here!
Stick
Liberty High Student

Heartless Doll

Post by Stick » Apr 19th 2009, 4:41 pm

Someone tell me if this has been brought up before.

I've been reading and enjoying this site for awhile but it just occured to me to share it. It seems MSCL is reveared on Heartlessdoll.com

A mentioned in a quote from Top 10 Most Unrealistic Teens in Pop Culture History
Jennifer Mathieu:
If every teenager portrayed on television and in films was as real as Angela Chase from My So-Called Life, well, I guess we wouldn't have any teenagers on television and in film because everything would be canceled or a box office failure. Angela was simply too real, and for some reason, we like our pop culture teens to be completely unreal. But some fabricated teenagers are bigger fabrications than others. In that vein, we've established a list of the most unrealistic teenagers in pop culture history.
List here" http://www.heartlessdoll.com/2009/01/to ... ulture.php

And again in the intro for 10 Hottest Dudes of the '90s (it even links back here)
By Jennifer Mathieu:
You guys smell that? It's the '90s, and they're at a low simmer on the pop culture burner right about now. Pearl Jam's begun re-releasing their albums, grunge chic is all the fashion rage and we don't have to tell you twice that 90210 is back ... ish. Want a big bowl of steaming '90s stew? Good, 'cause this list is for every woman who cringes when they see another pic of Jared Leto not leaning and instead wearing black eyeliner and singing in a shitty pop punk band. Ladies (and plenty of gents) I give you: the top 10 hottest dudes of the 1990s.
Of course, Angela places on the list Top 10 Worst Televised Cry Faces. (#9)
By Sharon Steel:
It all just hurt so damn bad, didn't it, Angela? Whether it was Jordan Catalano's refusal to commit, Rayanne's drugging, or Mom's inability to comprehend absolutely anything, your chin would shake and tremble and vibrate like a tiny, cold animal left out alone in the snow. This happens to me, too, every time I think too hard about what Jared Leto looks like in eyeliner.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: Heartless Doll

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 19th 2009, 6:48 pm

Stick wrote:
...your chin would shake and tremble and vibrate like a tiny, cold animal left out alone in the snow. This happens to me, too, every time I think too hard about what Jared Leto looks like in eyeliner.
Here here.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !