MSCL named as factor for Full House's decline

Found a reference to "My So-Called Life" in a book, movie, tv show or somewhere else? Then post here!
Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

MSCL named as factor for Full House's decline

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 25th 2015, 8:37 pm

In Lifetime's "Beyond the Headlines: Full House", the producers name MSCL (with a few show stills), along with 90210, Seinfeld & Melrose as a shift in audience sensibilities and the cause of the show's decline.

(I grew up watching Full House, but I don't at all remember it overlapping with when I was watching MSCL first air, so I guess there's something in that argument. Though, it's kind of tough to blame a 19 episode series for ending one that lasted 8 seasons.)

Hope you guys are all well!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Brunkster
Liberty High Student

Re: MSCL named as factor for Full House's decline

Post by Brunkster » Sep 7th 2015, 11:12 am

Hmmmm, seems like a stretch to directly blame competition from MSCL for Full House's decline. I think, however, they are pointing to the popularity of the other shows as a sign that the market as a whole was moving in a different direction.

I hope you all had a great summer!