Once and Again DVD release

Discuss the ABC series "Once and Again" (1999-2002) in this forum. The TV drama lasted for three seasons and 63 episodes.
EricMontreal22
Three Rivers Resident

Once and Again DVD release

Post by EricMontreal22 » Aug 23rd 2005, 5:00 am

I didn't realize season 2 of Once and Again was finally here--dvdfile had a really ngeative review of it (bysomeone who was a big fan of season 1--he thought the quality fell sharply for season 2, though I disagree--i still loved it). Anyway has anyone here picked it up?

I know season 1 is also being reissued or something--is it the same as the previous release? some people noticed how the lip synch with the first box set seems to beever so slightly kinda just bearly off on every episode and I wondered if this was fixed (not that I can afford to buy it again)

E

season
Liberty High Student

once and again

Post by season » Aug 24th 2005, 4:52 am

When I purchased season one in June I pre-ordered season two released on Tuesday. I should get them any day now and really looking forward to it.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Aug 24th 2005, 6:20 am

I will buy season 2 later this year -- right now I have no time to watch it anyway and my favorite online merchant (dvdsoon) is screwing a lot of things up lately (maybe there's a bankruptcy around the corner).

As far as I know, the season 1 rerelease is identical to the first release. Don't think they remastered the discs.

EricMontreal22
Three Rivers Resident

Post by EricMontreal22 » Aug 25th 2005, 2:49 am

Did anyone else notice the lip thign with season 1?

I'll have to wait a bit to buy season 2 too--with school starting back up I won't have much time anyway and just splurged on yet another expensive Six Feet Under set

E

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 8th 2005, 6:44 am

Season 3 will be released on January 10th, 2006.

More details: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4216

season
Liberty High Student

Once and Again

Post by season » Oct 8th 2005, 12:21 pm

Definately looking forward to season 3. I ordered season 2 from Moviesunlimited and had to return the dvd's I received a few days ago because they sent me the first season - this has been ongoing since August. DO NOT order through them, they are alot of work. Easier purchasing from Amazon.

I noticed the dodgy lip sync in the first season as well.

EricMontreal22
Three Rivers Resident

Post by EricMontreal22 » Oct 9th 2005, 3:09 pm

So I take it the lip synch wasn't fixed for the reissue of season 2? I'm glad others at least notice it...

E

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Mar 1st 2006, 10:06 am

EricMontreal asked:
I'm a big fan of Once and Again and own the first box set already--the original release. I was sligthly disappointed because I swear when watching it the lip synch seems ever so sligthly off. I've heard a few others mention this though others seem to think I'm crazy.

When season 2 came out in the Summer the first set was for some reason reissued. was this fixed? or is it exactlyt he same prints? (why was it reissued?)

And anyone know what I mean?

if you search Once and Again at http://www.dvdafficionado.com you get a picture and link for a season 3 box. Has this been announced?
Season 3 was announced for January 06, but around November Buena Vista decided to postpone the release. They haven't announced a new date yet.

I can't say anything about the lip synch issues, I still haven't had time to watch more than one or two episodes of OAA on DVD.

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Re: Once and Again DVD release

Post by special_k » Apr 13th 2006, 8:56 am

EricMontreal22 wrote: I know season 1 is also being reissued or something--is it the same as the previous release? some people noticed how the lip synch with the first box set seems to beever so slightly kinda just bearly off on every episode and I wondered if this was fixed (not that I can afford to buy it again)

E
I picked up each set with the initial release, and haven't experienced any problems such as those you mention.

Any news on an updated release date for series three? Really miss this programme. :)

~K.
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

EricMontreal22
Three Rivers Resident

Post by EricMontreal22 » Apr 13th 2006, 6:42 pm

The lip synch thing is VERY VERY hard to notice though a few other people have commented on it. I think it may be me being a bit too anal. I'm still glad to have it

And ya can't wait for season 3--some of my fave eps were in that year as well as one episode I've never seen (thanks to ABC in classic fashion f***ing with the timeslot for the show so much)

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jul 4th 2007, 6:28 am

Gord over at TVshowsonDVD mentions that OAA could be licensed to another studio -- so there might be a chance for a re-release of the first two seasons on DVD, and even more importantly: The first release of season three. I'm not sure if I would buy the first two seasons again (depends on the bonus material), but I really want season 3 on DVD.

lizardcub
Three Rivers Resident

Post by lizardcub » Nov 29th 2007, 10:45 pm

Oh, wow. I haven't bought ANY of the seasons yet but was planning to ask my parents as my Xmas present (I already bought myself the MSCL DVDs... both editions, as they were released). If they did a package deal on all three seasons of O&A, I'd be thrilled.

Nico Darko
Frozen Embryo

Post by Nico Darko » Oct 23rd 2009, 9:47 am

Hi,
I'm watching the first season on dvd, and it's as good as I remembered.
I think I noticed the "lip sync" thing, but it's indeed very small and not on every episodes. And I probably only noticed it because I read about it.

But still, do you know if season 2 have the same problem ?

Oh and any news about season 3 ?