Jared Leto in Fight Club

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
emma

Fight club

Post by emma » Aug 6th 2000, 8:34 am

Well the other day I saw fighy club and...well there was´t much of jared in that one, I guess he cpuld have gotten a more visible caracter :-(
So long..

"Do you ever get obsessed with your rear-view mirror, like, while you're
driving?"

SarahHall82
Tino

Re: Fight club

Post by SarahHall82 » Aug 9th 2000, 5:35 pm

Yeah, I thought that the beating he got was a bit harsh aswell ! And it DID hurt to look at him, I'm sure you can't get THAT managled by a fist fight..or can you ? I, having never been in one or seen a real one have no idea at all !
Sarah Hall
:-)

mia
Yearbook Team

Re: Fight club

Post by mia » Aug 9th 2000, 9:07 pm

If you were hit that hard for that long, you certainly could get that mangled. I remember seeing an interview when he was filming it. Jared said he was playing a character that was undergoing a sort of metamorphosis (ha!), and that he was pretty much irrecognizable by the end. How right he was.

You know, with your <font color=red>hair</font color=red> like that? It hurts to look at you.

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 17th 2002, 12:27 pm

Okay, so I finally saw Fight Club yesterday after wanting to see it for some time. Very strange movie...I'm still trying to get a grasp on how I feel about it. The director is obviously very talented and the acting was great, but it didn't grab me like I thought it would.

In any event, Jared plays such a little weirdo!! And the platinum-blonde hair and eyebrows were...interesting, to say the least! :lol:
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Jared Leto in Fight Club

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Oct 18th 2002, 6:59 am

Maybe it was the hype of movie that got to you. I often find when expectations have been built up so much for a film, then I am disappointed with what I end up seeing. I have also heard from others who have read the book that the movie is based on that they preferred the book to the film.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

sid_barrett
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by sid_barrett » Oct 19th 2002, 9:18 am

socalledfan wrote: The director is obviously very talented and the acting was great, but it didn't grab me like I thought it would.

David Fincher is a great director, hes got a style all his own. and you cant beat Brad and Ed, very fine actors. i felt the same way about this movie after seeing it in the theatre, didnt grab me at all. but i bought it on dvd, watched a a bunch of times, and now i like it. the ending i dont much care for though. also wish Jared had a bigger part. Fincher also directed Panic Room, wich stars Jared.
"...and I said ' oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling'"

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

mmm...yummy

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Nov 22nd 2002, 1:48 am

Love the movie, but i definitely prefer Jared with the dark hair... :D

Cami A.
Catalano

Jared Leto in Fight Club

Post by Cami A. » Aug 9th 2008, 12:07 am

I'm not a big Leto fan, but I was watching one of my favorite movies--Fight Club--and he's listed in the opening credits! According to IMDb he played a character named "Angel Face."
If you haven't seen Fight Club, it's a must-see flick! Just give it a chance for Jared Leto's sake, even though you should see it for BRAD PITT, EDWARD NORTON, AND HELENA BOHMAN CARTER.

Here's a clip from YouTube with Jared Leto as "Angel Face" . He's the one with bleached hair and eyebrows.
WARNING: THIS IS AN EXTREMELY VIOLENT CLIP IN WHICH JARED LETO'S FACE GETS BEATEN BEYOND RECOGNITION. DO NOT WATCH IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THAT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec2SC0ZW ... re=related
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: Jared Leto in Fight Club

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 9th 2008, 2:08 am

There's already a discussion for Fight Club here.

I remember seeing this film when it first opened, and while watching the opening credits as the camera hurtles through Norton's head, seeing Jared's name on screen; my girlfriend and I had to suppress a squeal. I've never been able to get past the pineapple look though (the bleached hair and eyebrows).
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Aug 9th 2008, 2:25 am

haha. That's a good way to describe it. Pinneapple... :lol:
Speaking of Pinneapple, have you seen the new movie Pinneapple Express yet?
Hilarious stuff, and James Franco is much cuter than Jared Leto anyday.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 9th 2008, 3:25 am

Not yet; I can take or leave James Franco (he had some great moments in F&G, I love "Noshing & Moshing" & his last scenes in the finale), but I'm all about Seth Rogen. I've had a crush on Seth since Freaks & Geeks aired.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Aug 9th 2008, 11:53 pm

Then you should definitely see Pineapple Express! I watched an interview with Seth and James and then mentioned briefly Freaks & Geeks. I've heard of it, but never watched it. It's a TV show, no? What's the major concept behind it?