Jared Leto in Girl, Interrupted

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.
NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Jared Leto in Girl, Interrupted

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 16th 2002, 1:51 am

I remember when I first rented this movie and realized Jared was in it. I hadn't known prior to renting it, so that was definitely a good treat. For those of you who enjoyed his performance in this one or who would like to see what he does with the Tobias Jacobs character, you're in luck. This 1999 movie, which also features Winona Ryder and Angelina Jolie, is slated to air Wednesday, 1/16, from 6:45 to 9 p.m. Eastern time on HBO Signature.

"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

chosephine
Jody Barsh

Re: Jared Leto in Girl, Interrupted

Post by chosephine » Jan 18th 2002, 11:00 pm

I really did not like this movie. And, I'm sorry, but Angelina Jolie should not have won an Oscar for her performance (am I the only person who thinks that she is terribly overrated?). But it does have both Clea Duvall and Brittany Murphy in it, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 19th 2002, 5:45 am

Chosephine, I thought the movie was decent but didn't think it deserved the rave reviews that it got. As for whether or not Angelina Jolie was deserving of an Oscar, I think the people that vote on the Oscars are often not thinking with a clear head. I actually enjoyed Angelina Jolie's performance in Hackers much better, but that's probably because I love the movie Hackers.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 22nd 2002, 4:19 am

I had a chance to watch this movie again over the weekend, and I actually liked it more this time than when I first saw it. Jared Leto is great in this one, even if his part is small. It trips me out a bit seeing him with that mustache, but those eyes still get me every time. I found it funny that his character was trying to draft dodge. He was definitely not with the mainstream but that made perfect sense when it came to him falling for Susanna Kaysen.

I had to edit this because I forgot to mention that Mary Kay Place (Camille) also showed up in this movie. I was a bit thrown off because her hair is shorter in this one, but it was interesting to see her in a bit more of a forceful role than what she did on MSCL. The showdown between her Mrs. Gilcrest and Susanna at the ice cream parlor is too funny.

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Sep 9th 2004, 5:24 pm

Ive watched this movie a few times in the past. Im not sure who Jared was in the movie. can someone tell me? its before I ever watched my so called life so I didnt realize he was in this one until later.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 10th 2004, 1:00 am

I believe he played the main character's boyfriend. As NightJessi mentioned above, he had more facial hair than in MSCL.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 10th 2004, 3:13 am

Nostradamus is correct - Jared Leto plays Toby. He is not a main character, but he is definitely in the movie enough to notice, not just an extra without any lines. After hooking up with Susanna at a party, they start talking about death and then she leaves. He later comes to visit her while she is at the institution and Valerie catches them fooling around in Susanna's room. They take a walk outside and he asks her to run away to Canada with him because he has been drafted.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Nov 27th 2004, 10:44 pm

Just watched this movie on TV last night. I kinda liked it. Also, I thought Angelina Jolie was rather good in it. Oscar?... I'm not sure. Winona Ryder was also very good. When people cry in movies, most of the time, It is hard for me to take them seriously- most of the time they come off un-realistic- but, when she cried when she saw Brittany Murphy's killed, I felt myself believing her.

I love Jared with facial hair. It was kind of depressing that Susanna didn't want to go with him. I think I felt this way because I kinda (In the back of my mind) felt it was Jordan finally expressing his feelings, (I love you, etc) and then they were sort of being stomped on.

But, I guess that's what you get loving someone with a "border-line" personality! :D
Moltar- Well hey, Thom asked me if he could see my knife, and Thom's doing a song about knife, and he wanted to see what one looked like. Isn't that right Thom? (Pulls out knife again)
Space Goast- (Turns to Thom Yorke) Is that right?
Thom- ...No.
Space Goast- Cuz it sounds like a good idea... so do it.

-Space Goast With Thom Yorke