Jordan Catalano allusion on CSI

Discuss former or new projects of Jared Leto ("Jordan Catalano") in this forum.

Jordan Catalano allusion on CSI

Post by guest » May 6th 2004, 11:30 pm

On CSI tonight, a girl was being questioned about a guy she had sex with on a roller coaster. To explain the one night stand, she had to go back a few years and tell them that she was a freshman and he was a sophomore. She had this major crush on him...and then she said something like "basically he was my Jordan Catalano."

I wonder how many viewers actually understood that allusion.

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » May 11th 2004, 12:36 am

I wish I had watched that episode. I`m sure half of the viewers where like " Jordan Who" and others were sitting on their sofas in complete surprise to hear Jordan Catalanos name spoken on primetime television again. I know one thing though the writer was definitly a fan.
There`s Something About My Life....

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 11th 2004, 3:20 am

"The Turning of the Screw" was written by Josh Berman, Carol Mendelsohn, and Rich Cataloni and directed by Deran Sarafian. Love the title (even though I hated the Henry James story). If I had to hazard a guess as to who contributed the Jordan Catalano reference, it would be the director whose other credits include an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (even if it was Killed by Death, one of my least favorite eps of S2).
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » May 11th 2004, 4:20 am

candygirl wrote: If I had to hazard a guess as to who contributed the Jordan Catalano reference, it would be the director whose other credits include an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (even if it was Killed by Death, one of my least favorite eps of S2).
Or Carol Mendelsohn, who was heavily involved in "Melrose Place". But since it was written only by Josh Berman (the other two "just" developed the story) who starred numerous times in "The Wonder Years", I'd bet my money on him. Anyway, nice reference. MSCL really became a part of pop culture history in the past ten years.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 11th 2004, 1:37 pm

I have been so assimilated into Buffy culture that I assume all other shows function the same way (people like Joss throwing in great lines even when he doesn't write the episode). Sometimes I forget that on other shows the writer is the writer.

:wink:

I agree that it is really cool to see how MSCL has become a part of pop culture, even ten years later. I bet ABC never thought that would happen when they cancelled it (although to be fair, how many shows run one year and last this long in the fans' hearts?).
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Sameritech
Jody Barsh

Post by Sameritech » May 16th 2004, 11:11 pm

I was watching CSI tonight on the TIVO and caught the Jordan Catalano reference. So I surfed over here and I see someone else already posted about it.

Very cool, I had to rewind it to be sure of what I heard. I was shocked to hear it.

Sam

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » May 17th 2004, 4:51 am

candygirl wrote:I have been so assimilated into Buffy culture that I assume all other shows function the same way (people like Joss throwing in great lines even when he doesn't write the episode). Sometimes I forget that on other shows the writer is the writer.

:wink:

I agree that it is really cool to see how MSCL has become a part of pop culture, even ten years later. I bet ABC never thought that would happen when they cancelled it (although to be fair, how many shows run one year and last this long in the fans' hearts?).
I can`t think of one canceled show with only 19 episodes that people still refer to 10 years later. I think MSCL is the only one. CSI gets major props from me for their reference to Jordan Catalano. I can`t believe I missed that episode. Usual I`m an advid watcher. I`m glad you gave reference to the episode title though so that I can know when to watch it in reruns...hopefully.
There`s Something About My Life....