Favorite Movies???

This is the place to discuss new and old movies or DVD releases of movies. You can also create topics about your favorite actor/actress.
Please post topics related to new productions of the MSCL cast and crew into the "Afterlife" forum.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 18th 2004, 1:11 am

That reminds me - I saw a funny Israeli movie (in Hebrew too) a few months ago, and I have no idea what the title is, but it involved a woman giving sex advice, someone finding a condom in a pocket, and drug money. Hee, I realize this is a great movie recommendation - no title and no plot. Don't mind me.

:mrgreen:

I'll try to find out what the movie is called in case my description convinced anyone to see it.

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Oct 18th 2004, 4:59 pm

wow, isn't it amazing how much you can tell from a person just by their tastes in movies? whenever I go to people's homes, I always check out their books and movie collections.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 18th 2004, 5:43 pm

emmie wrote:wow, isn't it amazing how much you can tell from a person just by their tastes in movies? whenever I go to people's homes, I always check out their books and movie collections.
:oops: What does my DVD collection say about me :oops:

I would almost be afraid to know...

I am very much like that too though. It used to be mainly with CDs, but now it is definitely more so books and movies.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 18th 2004, 7:38 pm

It's so hard to pick favorite movies! Well, here are my faves at the moment, in no particular order:

Spinal Tap
L. A. Story
Lost in Translation
The Blues Brothers
Ghost World
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Bottle Rocket
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 18th 2004, 8:08 pm

I love Sarah Jessica Parker in LA Story! She's just so bouncy! And Bottle Rocket's just RAD!

On another movie note: I have recently been reviving my girlhood crush on Orson Welles!
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/kane2/images/orson.gif http://www.sufoi.dk/billeder/a-g/aug-02b.jpg
http://www.thegoldenyears.org/orson_welles.jpg

If anybody was ever smoldering, it was definitely him.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Oct 25th 2004, 3:43 am

Just rented a great movie: A Slipping Down Life. I really liked it. But then, I generally love any film that has Lili Taylor in it.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

crimson-glow
Jody Barsh

Post by crimson-glow » Apr 28th 2005, 1:53 am

favourite movies?

as of right now..

requiem for a dream
armageddon
the notebook
thirteen
cold mountain
- " It just seems like, you agree to have a certain personality or something. For no reason. Just to make things easier for everyone. But when you think about it, I mean, how do you know it's even you?" - Angela Chase

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » May 9th 2005, 8:29 am

A recent addition to my favorites, though it's really an old classic:

Judgement at Nuremburg

Now available on DVD, I can't overstate the brilliance of this film. Very powerful, and still very relevant, even disturbing in light of current events. I wish there were more movies like this that grab the audience and get them to think.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Videodrome
Tino

Favorite Movies.

Post by Videodrome » Jan 6th 2007, 5:54 pm

My favorite movies are, Halloween, A Clockwork Orange, Romeo & Juliet, Heavenly Creatures, Hocus Pocus and Videodrome.
Long Live the New Flesh

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: Favorite Movies???

Post by Jody Barsch* » Dec 19th 2007, 2:16 pm

So, continuing my quest to obtain all of my childhood favorites on DVD, which began with getting all of Faerie Tale Theater, I just made a very exciting purchase -- all four Pippi movies (the Swedish ones from the 70's) on DVD!! With original subtitles in tact!!! Which means that while on the deserted island, Pipi will still have that super crazy man's voice when calling Oscar the pirate!! I am very excited. My next effort is to transfer my home-taped VHS of Snow White Live at Radio City Music Hall to DVD. (Any other kids from the 80's a fan of this one?) I don't know how to do this yet [the transfer], or how expensive it will be, but MacWorld says it's possible, so I'm going to give it a try over break.

Rogger85

Post by Rogger85 » Apr 14th 2009, 5:59 am

My Favorite Movies are
Home Alone
Titanic
Iron Man
Dark Knight :evilbat:
Hulk

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 15th 2009, 4:32 am

I finally saw I'm Not There. I loved it. What a fantastic approach. I have always thought that someone should turn the Smith's album Louder Than Bombs (plus some other songs, "Frankly Mr. Shankly" for one) into a movie, and this seems to be a perfect model. I've been playing the Jim James and Calexico version of "Goin' to Acapulco" nonstop.

Tish
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Tish » May 8th 2009, 9:10 pm

I love Velvet Goldmine, Requiem For a Dream, The Graduate, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, The Doors, Foxfire (with Angelina Jolie--and a very riotous riot grrrl type movie) and Heavenly Creatures. OH yeah and Boys Don't Cry with Hilary Swank. I'll watch anything with Claire Danes in it, I could watch her read the yellow pages. Oh yeah, and Juno.
"i am a punk rocker, and i fight for justice!"