Arrested Development

MSCL may be gone from the tv screen, but there are lots of good (and bad) new productions airing each week. Talk with other MSCL fans about your favorite shows or the shows you hate. Of course you can also discuss TV show DVD releases here.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 23rd 2004, 5:19 am

dTheater wrote:
Sascha (sab) wrote:The DVD easter egg is hilarious :-)
Hmm...don't remember there being an Egg. Those R2 DVDs always have better stuff.
I have the R1. The canadian one, but I don't think there's a difference. Check out disc 3, "Deleted & Extended Scenes" and play around with the menu/cursor - at some point there appears a highlight around David Cross' character.
BTW, 3 episodes into season 2 and I think it's even better. The 2nd episode of this season was one of the funniest half hours I've ever seen. I love all the references to prevous stories that only a handful of people would even get.
Yeah, "The one where they build a house" was a classic. "Solid as a rock". Heehee. Tobias Fünke as Blue Man was terrific too...:-)

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Nov 26th 2004, 2:33 pm

Sascha (sab) wrote:Check out disc 3, "Deleted & Extended Scenes" and play around with the menu/cursor - at some point there appears a highlight around David Cross' character.
A-ha! Found it. Thanks much.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Dec 31st 2004, 1:16 am

My brother got the DVD's for Christmas- I've always wanted to watch and actually had seen a couple from last season, but never in an "organized" way. I spent the last few days watching all of them. Honestly- the best show on right now. Really great humor and plots. I am absolutely in love with Buster. He is just fabulous! It is so unbelievable that Tony Hale (Buster) didn't act before the show- Buster truly completes it for me. George-Michael is hilarious too- They all are Hilarious!

The only thing that I'm disappointed about is that Annyong isn't on it anymore! :x

Annyong- "Yeah Fatty...(:roll:)"

:lol:

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Feb 10th 2005, 5:45 am

FOX will cut the second season down from 22 to 18 episodes. ("American Dad" will take the timeslot of "Arrested Development" in May).

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Feb 10th 2005, 10:15 pm

That' as good as a hiatus.

If FOX cancels AD, I'm done with FOX. If that means no more 24, then so be it. FOX can't be so cancel-happy with so many good shows and not pay.

I'm off to write a threatening letter.
- Jim

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 11th 2005, 2:01 am

Please, "American Dad"??? I don't even like Family Guy very much. I saw the commercials for American Dad during the superbowl stuff and thought it looked completely stupid.

dtheater: I hope they DO cancel AD.... American Dad, not Arrested Development.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Feb 11th 2005, 3:55 pm

I agree Kristin. I'm not a big fan of Arr D but when I do end up watching it it's entertaining enough. I enjoy FG but Am D didn't make me laugh at all. Maybe it will get better. I see no reason for Fox to put ArrD on hiatus for AmD, there are plenty of holes in Fox's schedule that would allow room for both AD shows. Cutting American Idol and the Bernie Mac show down to one episode a week ought to do it. :roll:

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Feb 13th 2005, 12:44 pm

grim4746 wrote:there are plenty of holes in Fox's schedule that would allow room for both AD shows. Cutting American Idol and the Bernie Mac show down to one episode a week ought to do it. :roll:
Bernie Mac is being buried in a deathzone Friday night timeslot. And that's another quality FOX show that is being slowly killed, unmercifully at that.
- Jim

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Feb 13th 2005, 10:54 pm

so I finally got around to watching Arrested Development, and you guys were right, it's damn funny. it was a very weird sense of humor, but I found myself laughing at loud. and then feeling guilty for it. the best kind in my opinion. it's so off the wall, that you never know what is coming, how refreshing! I really hope that Fox keeps at least one good show. my scriptwriting professor is actually part of the guild and he says that he votes for it whenever it is nominated for something. so at least there are some people in the business that can recognize quality.

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Apr 10th 2005, 11:55 pm

any word yet on the renewal of this show? I've recently become a fan, mostly due to dtheater's enthusiasm for the show. it's humor is so off the wall, disturbing, sarcastic and crazy that you can't help but laugh out loud at its absurdity. I wish more shows were as strange.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 11th 2005, 4:01 am

I love, love, love this show, but shamefully have only managed to catch one episode this entire season, and not the whole episode at that. If it's not HBO (I never miss S&C or the Sopranos), Sunday night scheduling seems to always slip my mind, I missed it again tonight. Although I'm not the most faithful fan, I would definitely be upset to see it cancelled. I think it's the only non-cable show I would be sorry to see taken off the air.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 11th 2005, 5:17 am

The show has many friends with the "Powers That Be" at FOX. But since Entertainment Chief Gail Berman left the network last month, it's uncertain what the future will bring. Rumor has it that everyone at FOX has already agreed to renew the show, but mogul Rubert Murdoch will have the final word. And he won't probably make a decision until May.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Apr 12th 2005, 6:36 pm

emmie wrote:any word yet on the renewal of this show? I've recently become a fan, mostly due to dtheater's enthusiasm for the show.
Glad to hear it.
Sascha (sab) wrote:The show has many friends with the "Powers That Be" at FOX. But since Entertainment Chief Gail Berman left the network last month, it's uncertain what the future will bring. Rumor has it that everyone at FOX has already agreed to renew the show, but mogul Rubert Murdoch will have the final word. And he won't probably make a decision until May.
I don't think Rubert Murdoch gets involved in those kinds of details; that's why they hire program directors and entertainment chiefs. I mean he could if he wanted to, obviously.

Anyway, the person who took Gail Berman's place was the guy who held the same position at FX, Peter something-or-other. He's supposedly a fan of AD, but he'd probably say that either way. If he was responsible for putting and keeping The Shield, Rescue Me, and Nip/Tuck on FX, then he knows good TV. A 3rd season of AD looks very possible, but not certain. If there is a 3rd season, though, I look at it as a last chance. Unless there's a ratings miracle, that would probably be it.
- Jim

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Apr 16th 2005, 9:52 am

Did anyone watch last weeks episode? Can you beleive that [spoiler]Zach Braff is a NEVERNUDE![/spoiler] That was so funny! I too hope they don't cancel--I watch every week.
Moltar- Well hey, Thom asked me if he could see my knife, and Thom's doing a song about knife, and he wanted to see what one looked like. Isn't that right Thom? (Pulls out knife again)
Space Goast- (Turns to Thom Yorke) Is that right?
Thom- ...No.
Space Goast- Cuz it sounds like a good idea... so do it.

-Space Goast With Thom Yorke

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » May 17th 2005, 6:27 pm

RENEWED for a third season! YAY!!!

(sorry I don't have a link...)
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~