jordan

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Switchfoot's gal 101
Tino

jordan

Post by Switchfoot's gal 101 » Jul 23rd 2004, 8:19 pm

Jordan is the kind of person who doesn't really know what's going on around him. [quote]Jordan-VO : "Wait a second, isn't tonight, New Year's Eve?[quote/] but I was completely in a trance by his eyes, his hair, his body, his. . . . . . o.k. i'll stop now :D . But really, I'm not really the kind of gal who is into very smart guys, although , if I must say so myself, I'm a pretty smart girl. I don't know why but something about guys who are clueless. . . . makes them REALLY attractive!

If anyone else in here feels the same way. . . . SPEAK UP!!!!
Thanks. . . . . and RAWK ON!!!!! lol jk !
Angela (in her head): Field trips are so intense. It's like everybody's been let out of their cages, or something. And we're all roaming around...loose.
"You're so beautiful, It HURTS to look at you"

Switchfoot's gal 101
Tino

oops!

Post by Switchfoot's gal 101 » Jul 23rd 2004, 8:21 pm

Jordan-VO : "Wait a second, isn't tonight, New Year's Eve?
that's better :D [/quote]
Angela (in her head): Field trips are so intense. It's like everybody's been let out of their cages, or something. And we're all roaming around...loose.
"You're so beautiful, It HURTS to look at you"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 23rd 2004, 10:23 pm

There are several threads about Jordan. Just to get you started:

Jordan Catalano's hair length
the contradiction that we call Jordan
Jordan's first feelings for Angela
Jordan:Angela::Angela:Brian
hottest male
Jordan Catalano!
Jordan and Angela

FYI - you can edit your posts to correct any errors, rather than posting multiple times.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Post by Guest » Jul 25th 2004, 12:03 am

Is Jordan supposed to be stoned all the time? He's constantly applying eye drops in numerous episodes. Maybe that explains why he's so out of it.

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Jul 25th 2004, 5:23 am

It would also help explain why he's so emotionally stunted a lot of the time. Maybe he's just apathetic and out of it and not as big a jerk as I'd imagined. Being a drug abuser isn't exactly that great either but at least it's easier to identify the root of the problem that way.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Jul 25th 2004, 6:54 am

As far as I know, the only explicit illegal drug use was by Rayanne at the birthday party (and maybe Cheryl Fleck at the ski resort). I think the censors frown on recreational drug use that is depicted in anything other than a scary light. It could be that the writers put those little details in to make the show more realistic without drawing too much flak; sort of a "wink wink, nudge nudge, knowwhatImean?" situation.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Post by Guest » Jul 25th 2004, 11:31 pm

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. They don't try and make as deal out of it, they just hint at it and let you figure it out.

Post by Guest » Jul 31st 2004, 2:24 pm

grim4746 wrote:It would also help explain why he's so emotionally stunted a lot of the time. Maybe he's just apathetic and out of it and not as big a jerk as I'd imagined. Being a drug abuser isn't exactly that great either but at least it's easier to identify the root of the problem that way.
Yeah, one can only hope.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 4th 2004, 7:11 pm

Nostradamus wrote:As far as I know, the only explicit illegal drug use was by Rayanne at the birthday party (and maybe Cheryl Fleck at the ski resort). I think the censors frown on recreational drug use that is depicted in anything other than a scary light. It could be that the writers put those little details in to make the show more realistic without drawing too much flak; sort of a "wink wink, nudge nudge, knowwhatImean?" situation.
Yes, Rayanne took two hits of X at her party, Cheryl had a "doobie" in her purse, and Patty and Graham did drugs when they younger, most likely marijuana.
Graham: I mean, she could be cutting class, doing drugs...having sex. Like we did.
Patty: I never cut class, and you never had sex in high school.
And Amber, being a former "Warf Rat" and Dead Head, I think it is safe to assume used drugs.

As for Catalano, I have always wondered when working on Fanfics if Jordan smokes. As stated above, it might explain the eye drops and the kind of haze he seems to be in in the earlier episodes, but not necessarily.
Either way, it seems like the writers decided that was not where they wanted to take Jordan's character because we don't really see any of that behavior in the later episodes.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: jordan

Post by Jody Barsch* » Nov 19th 2010, 4:57 am

Catalano's Code of Conduct

• It’s accepted to have sex
• If you have a drunken one night stand, you check in the morning after–keep things copasetic
• Don’t talk too much
• If you have a car, its decent to give people rides (it is also an acceptable locale for sex and subject of ambiguously intended songs)
• Letting someone drive said car means something
• Don’t lie
• Don’t feel sorry for yourself, or others – excepting when your “life sucks too much”
• Some girls don’t mind if you suggest sex if everyone’s talking about it already
• French girls are apparently worth more effort
• Don’t have bad breath, or dry eyes
• Sleeping through class is okay, missing it is better, unless the topic while you’re gone is you
• No statement is too blunt
• Spelling doesn’t count
• Milk is good to drink, but not in coffee
• Let your buddies know when they have a shot
• You have to be in the right mood to meet girls’ parents or to be treated like dirt in remedial English
• If someone's voted ‘Hottest Sophomore Babe’, talk to her
• Apologize (it easier for the small stuff)
• Don’t make a scene
• New Year’s eve isn’t anything to make a fuss about (or remember)
• Making plans and having to stick to them, basically blows
• You can always just walk, or drive, away
• Say ‘hi’ to the crowd
• Tight clothing on a girl might make up for iffy music
• Why not go along? (Don’t want to miss anything)
• If they ask something you don’t want to answer, tell your friends to shut up
• Dates, years, days of the week – circumstantial (if it doesn’t feel like a Friday, it might not be)
• If you’re going to let a girl do your homework for you, you should be something more than friends
• Take a stand when you actually care, but otherwise let things slide
• It’s just a shirt; it’s okay if there’s a hole, or, whatever
• You only need one jacket
• She’ll feel better if you hold her hand
• I say what I’m thinking, I’m operating under the assumption you are doing the same
• No need to be specific; “gotta go” will get it done
• Why start something up, if that person doesn’t get what you see as a given
• Don’t micromanage me – you won’t like the results
• A name is off-limits if that person quit the band
• Share your cigarettes
• Don’t overindulge your patience
• Scalp your Dead tickets
• Close your eyes, it makes things better
Last edited by Jody Barsch* on Apr 8th 2012, 9:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Bacchante
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Bacchante » Nov 19th 2010, 12:53 pm

You forgot leaning against things ;)
"I know you think, how could someone like me understand. Only, I do."

beatriz_spain
Tino

Post by beatriz_spain » Nov 19th 2010, 2:15 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:Catalano's Code of Conduct

• It’s accepted to have sex
• If you have a drunken one night stand, you check in the morning after–keep things copasetic
• Don’t talk too much
• If you have a car, its defense to give people rights (it is also acceptable locale for sex and subject of ambiguously intended songs)
• Letting someone drive said car means something
• Don’t lie
• Don’t feel sorry for yourself, or others – excepting when you’re “life sucks too much”
• Some girls don’t mind if you suggest sex if everyone’s talking about it already
• French girls are apparently worth more effort
• Don’t have bad breath, or dry eyes
• Sleeping through class is okay, missing it is better, unless the topic while you’re gone is you
• No statement is too blunt
• Spelling doesn’t count
• Milk is good to drink, but not in coffee
• Let your buddies know when they have a shot
• You have to be in the right mood to meet girls’ parents were to be treated like dirt in remedial English
• If someone's voted ‘Hottest Sophomore Babe’, talk to her
• Apologize (it easier for the small stuff)
• Don’t make a scene
• New Year’s eve isn’t anything to make a fuss about (or remember)
• Making plans and having to stick to them, basically blows
• You can always just walk, or drive, away
• Say ‘hi’ to the crowd
• Tight clothing on a girl might make up for iffy music
• Why not go along? (Don’t want to miss anything)
• If they ask something you don’t want to answer, tell your friends to shut up
• Dates, years, days of the week – circumstantial (if it doesn’t feel like a Friday, it might not be)
• If you’re going to let a girl do your homework for you, you should be something more than friends
• Take a stand when you actually care, but otherwise let things slide
• It’s just a shirt; it’s okay if there’s a hole, or, whatever
• You only need one jacket
• She’ll feel better if you hold your hand
• I say what I’m thinking, I’m operating under the assumption you are doing the same
• No need to be specific; “gotta go” will get it don
• Why start something up, if that person doesn’t get what you see as a given
• Don’t micromanage me – you won’t like the results
• A name is off-limits if that person quit the band
• Share your cigarettes
• Don’t overindulge your patience
• Scalp your Dead tickets
• Close your eyes, it makes things better

Yet, he is lovely...and i think he has good things too.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Nov 19th 2010, 9:20 pm

Leaning! Yes of course!
beatriz_spain wrote:Yet, he is lovely...and i think he has good things too.
I wasn't picking. I certainly didn't list those things as negative qualities. I just think he's so funny -- so particular, and yet so hard to pinpoint. :mrgreen: It's all in love.

beatriz_spain
Tino

Post by beatriz_spain » Nov 21st 2010, 5:00 pm

I wasn't picking. I certainly didn't list those things as negative qualities. I just think he's so funny -- so particular, and yet so hard to pinpoint. :mrgreen: It's all in love.
Yeah, you are right. I have been trying to think for more qualities, but you have covered all of them! And, as you have said, all of them (both good and not so good) make him so special.

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Dec 30th 2010, 12:10 am

Still wasting time on a jerk like Jordan after all these years? Don't suppose there's a code of conduct for Brian that I haven't stumbled over?

Just poking fun. That's an awesome list/analysis Jody!. Always great to see you finding new ways to think about MSCL.

I think the slowness of January will leave me time to rewatch. I have a roommate who has never seen the show. I'll try to follow your example and bring something new to the forum.