CREDIT CARD DISPUTE FORMS

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

CREDIT CARD DISPUTE FORMS

Post by Jason R » Oct 13th 2002, 10:28 pm

I had a large number of requests for a dispute form, which you can mail or fax to your credit card company:

http://www.drygrass.com/documents/Dispute.pdf

It is not the best. Feel free to write to me and I will send a word doc which maybe you can improve. i will then post it on the site.

remmy
Frozen Embryo

Post by remmy » Oct 19th 2002, 1:12 pm

Even after explaining my circumstances my credit card company wouldn't help here is what i got from them -

After checking your details I can tell you that under the given circumstances we're still not in a position to dispute the transaction on your behalf. The Egg Card is powered by VISA and it's according to these VISA regulations we're unable to take the process any further if not disputed within 180 days of transaction date.

grlNmiami
Tino

cancel or hope for the best????

Post by grlNmiami » Oct 19th 2002, 3:36 pm

I was double charged for the box set by AU... have called them and they say it's been turned over to the accounting dept, therefore there's nothing more they can do. my credit card company can't help since i never received a paper receipt from AU!!!
So, my question is this.... do you think it's best to go ahead and cancel my order with AU, and HOPE the give me a refundx2... or should i wait for the first refund to clear? then cancel and order elsewhere....
I, like so many people, am sooo disappointed in how AU is handling things!
When I emailed them, I had NO response and when I called, the guy on the phone was acting like this was all my fault! AU is jst :evil:
I jst want the box set, but i am already out $159.96! I can't afford to keep ordering merchandise if I don't get an AU refund!
Please let me know what others are doing! I printed the CC dispute form and the attorney general form... will be mailing both in ASAP!
Thanks!

MarkSWalker
Three Rivers Resident

Post by MarkSWalker » Oct 27th 2002, 4:01 pm

grlNmiami-

You're in the same boat many of us are in. I cannot tell you what
to do, but I will tell you that I feel that, regardless of the outcome,
I cannot afford to do business with AU.

Even if I never see my $314.96 again, because I was double-charged
on one of the two box sets I ordered, I cannot just comply with AU out
of fear I will never see my money again.

After hearing about so many problems with getting refunds, I cancelled
my orders, and immediately contacted my credit card companies to
begin disputing the charges, and stated that, to the best of my knowledge,
I believe AU has been fraudulent and outright lied to me.

I sent both my credit card companies three page letters with the history
of this unfortunate circumstance, included all communication to/from
AU, including e-mails stating my credit would be taken care of, and
so on.

Of course, I immediately put my cancellations through the drygrass
interface, and called AU several times.

The more they give me the run around, and don't provide REASONABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE the more I will do whatever I can,
legally, to make life really hard on Rojek and AU.

AU has my $314.96 for a product I cancelled, and will never get from
them, and I want it back.

It is that simple to me.

Hope this helps,

Mark

kidbro77
Three Rivers Resident

am i outta luck?

Post by kidbro77 » Oct 31st 2002, 4:04 pm

I just called VISA to tell them about the double charging, which took place back in July/August, and they said since it was 3 months ago that this happened, it is beyond their control. I was told they have a certain time limit for people to report double charges, etc., and 3 months is long overdue that that time limit. So therefore, I would have to deal with the merchant myself.

SIGH!! The only reason I waited this long to contact VISA was cause I thought I could report my doublecharge to AnotherUniverse.com and they would take care of it! Oy, I'm such a sucker and a bonehead....

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: am i outta luck?

Post by Jason R » Oct 31st 2002, 4:05 pm

However, it helps you that they missed the ship date that they published, and that reason has worked for other customers. I would call again.
kidbro77 wrote:I just called VISA to tell them about the double charging, which took place back in July/August, and they said since it was 3 months ago that this happened, it is beyond their control. I was told they have a certain time limit for people to report double charges, etc., and 3 months is long overdue that that time limit. So therefore, I would have to deal with the merchant myself.

SIGH!! The only reason I waited this long to contact VISA was cause I thought I could report my doublecharge to AnotherUniverse.com and they would take care of it! Oy, I'm such a sucker and a bonehead....

cordy141
Frozen Embryo

despute question

Post by cordy141 » Nov 4th 2002, 5:06 pm

I desputed my charge with my company. What happens if I get the funds back from the company and then AU refunds my account also? Do those funds go to the credit card company or me???

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: despute question

Post by Jason R » Nov 4th 2002, 5:12 pm

You cannot double dip, so you will only get one refund.

Sammy Jankis
Nicky Driscoll

Re: despute question

Post by Sammy Jankis » Nov 6th 2002, 9:29 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:You cannot double dip, so you will only get one refund.
I know from my experience, my CC company credited me $115 initially, and then AU also credited me the $115, but at a later time the CC company rebilled the disputed amount. Basically they credit you so that you don't accrue interest on the disputed amount, but take it away after the merchant also credits you.

cordy141
Frozen Embryo

Post by cordy141 » Nov 7th 2002, 2:45 pm

Thanks! That answers my question. I guess I'm gonna have to keep checking my bill to see whats going on.

ilikefreestuff
Tino

Post by ilikefreestuff » Nov 27th 2002, 9:55 pm

Why can't I read this form when I try to download it? It looks like hieroglyphics or something! Any advice I could try? Thanks.

arteitle
Liberty High Student

Post by arteitle » Nov 27th 2002, 10:51 pm

ilikefreestuff wrote:Why can't I read this form when I try to download it? It looks like hieroglyphics or something! Any advice I could try? Thanks.
It's an Adobe Acrobat PDF file. Do you have Acrobat Reader installed?

Aaron T.

ilikefreestuff
Tino

Post by ilikefreestuff » Nov 28th 2002, 12:33 am

I do now! Thanks Aaron!

kats876
Frozen Embryo

Post by kats876 » Dec 6th 2002, 7:22 pm

For anyone who was double charged, don't wait for AU to issue a credit because it won't happen. Dispute it with your credit company ASAP. I did and I had the double charge taken off right away. I've also filed official complaints with the BBB and the IFCC because AU still hasn't credited me $90 for my cancelled order. My advice is don't wait for AU to issue credits no matter what they tell you. I'll let you guys know if anything happens with my complaints. :twisted: