ATTORNEY GENERAL COMPLAINT FORMS. (Download PDFs here)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

ATTORNEY GENERAL COMPLAINT FORMS. (Download PDFs here)

Post by Jason R » Oct 11th 2002, 10:41 pm

I scanned these this evening. I thought I was nuts for ordering them. Now I feel nuts for not having posted them sooner.

This is the form to mail in to the Attorney General in Sacramento:
http://www.drygrass.com/documents/attor ... alform.pdf

This has all the methods of contacting the Attorney General in Sacramento:
http://www.drygrass.com/documents/AGinfo.pdf
Last edited by Jason R on Oct 12th 2002, 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Oct 11th 2002, 10:59 pm

Thanks Jason, this is exactly what I was looking for. Everybody who bought the set even if they have already cancelled should definitely down load these documents fill them out and send them in. It may or may not do any good, but I know that if I do nothing I will be letting these people off the hook. Oh and just think all this is going to cost, is the price of a stamp and a few copies; I know this will be helpful to college students who don't have access to the large amount of cash needed to pursue this with a personal lawyer.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 12th 2002, 12:30 am

These forms are great.

I do notice that this will just get AU in trouble, not get our money back. Should I just try to console myself that whatever money AU has, there's no real way to get that back now?

Another note: Jason, do you have a list of emails for people who ordered through AU? I know I've gotten emails from your address jason@mscl.com about the status previously. Maybe you should dig that out, if you haven't already. I can't imagine how many people haven't even been contacted that the 6/14 date was postponed. When everything finally comes down, they should probably be sent something.
Last edited by andrewgd on Oct 14th 2002, 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 12th 2002, 12:33 am

In the works.
andrewgd wrote: When everything finally comes down, they should probably be sent something.

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Oct 12th 2002, 3:50 am

jason,

thanks for the forms- your the best! how lovely it would be if everyone (other than ross/seebee/etc.) filled these out. finally got my money back, but the damage was done. a word, rojek: karma. :)

-kassandra
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Oct 13th 2002, 12:25 am

I just spend 20 minutes writing out the PDF form. It will be mailed as soon as I get to the library tomorrow to make a copy of it and my CMI holdings receipt.

To everyone out there: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take the time to fill out the form and mail it. Your total time commitment is likely less than 1 hour inclusive. When you consider how much money you're out (for me $179.96) that's DEFINITELY WORTH YOUR TIME. Do you get paid $100+ per hour? Help bring this crooked company to its knees.

DiForYou
Frozen Embryo

I've been gone a couple of days

Post by DiForYou » Oct 13th 2002, 11:13 am

I haven't read through all of the posts but I assume that something has gone terribly awry. I've printed the forms and intend on filling them out and mailing them tomorrow with a copy of my receipt and credit card bill. But should I also be cancelling my order and going through Amazon or something? What is the general consensus?

Hwel
Tino

Post by Hwel » Oct 14th 2002, 1:24 am

Is there any use in us non-US people filling this out?

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Oct 14th 2002, 8:38 pm

One problem: they never sent me a hardcopy reciept. After having requesting one multiple times. Another paper trail they cleverly avoided.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

kmacp
Nicky Driscoll

Post by kmacp » Oct 15th 2002, 2:03 pm

Hwel wrote:Is there any use in us non-US people filling this out?
i was wondering the same thing?
i would think not, but who else is there for us to complain to?

DrLemonBurn
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DrLemonBurn » Oct 15th 2002, 6:05 pm

For those of you who are lazy (and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that), it looks like you can do this online (in fact, I don't see the official website mentioning anything about mailing anything physical):

http://caag.state.ca.us/consumers/mailform.htm

Good luck everybody.
so says Sparx.

DrLemonBurn
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DrLemonBurn » Oct 15th 2002, 6:22 pm

Also, does this accomplish the same thing? I'm pretty sure it's newer and it looks a lot nicer. :wink:

http://www.dca.ca.gov/complainthelp/compl-ccru.pdf
so says Sparx.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2002, 7:39 am

Not sure, the one I got is for the AG in Sacramento.

In any case, send them in. Today, I am mass mailing all people waiting for refunds for months and giving them my http://www.ifccfbi.gov complaint #. If a small percentage of people send the complaints, we'd still have hundreds of people writing.

bonho
Frozen Embryo

class action lawsuit?

Post by bonho » Nov 12th 2002, 3:46 am

Anyone given any consideration to this? There may be enough of us that we can band together and sue the pants off of AU for unprofessional and devious conduct, not to mention abuse of funds and not fulfilling a contract in a timely fashion. I have just about had it with them and their freaking nonresponsiveness. I had to threaten them with small claims court to get their asses in gear to refund my triple-billings. Now I am given the runaround about where the DVD is six months after I was billed for it (well, the FIRST billing, I was billed again in July and again in August). I am beyond pissed off now, I don't care WHO was driving the goddamned truck. I think SIX MONTHS is long enough to wait. Ross and Co need to be disciplined in the worst possible way, and I think a class action lawsuit is just the way to do it. Any lawyers out there (I know there are!) who could advise on this?