print this page

Fanfiction

The Sixth Day Of Christmas (Sharon)

written by Shannon Bryan

jump to next story | jump to reviews | go back to fanfiction index

About this story

Published: 1997 | Size: 6 KB (1039 words) | Language: english | Rating: PG-13

Waiting for 5 votes before displaying rating information.

based on stories and characters created by Winnie Holzman

On the Sixth Day of Christmas, Sharon managed to take some time from her busy schedule to share a few thoughts.

That's just great. I have about a million things to do, and you want my favorite Christmas memory, like, *now*?

Then again...I guess it wouldn't matter all that much if I were late for the yearbook meeting. Because I do love Christmas. It's, like, my favorite time of the whole year. All those Santas ringing their bells on snowy street corners. And the different charities that put out those boxes so you can donate toys or warm clothes to underprivileged kids and  stuff. I *always* donate some toys. And I like to volunteer at the Help Line too.

My parents always taught me that it's more important to give of yourself than anything else at this time of year.  We always have a great time at Christmas.  I remember a few years ago we went on an actual sleigh ride through the woods near where my Father grew up.  And my Dad brought along some roasted chestnuts for us to munch on.  My Mom kept saying that it was all like something out of Currier and Ives.  And I had no idea what she was talking about.  I totally thought she said something about "curry and chives."  And I asked her why she was talking about cooking instead of enjoying the scenery and the wind stinging our faces.  And she gave me this look that only your Mom can give.  Like, "are you on drugs?"  But in a fun way.  And the three of us started laughing.  And I was only laughing because they were, because at the time I didn't get what she was talking about.  But that didn't really matter.  Sometimes laughter is catching.  It is around Christmas a lot.  At least for me.

So now every year she tells that story.  And every year it gets a little more far-fetched.  And I pretend to be exasperated, because she's always bringing up silly things I did when I was a kid.  But, to be honest, I sort of love it.  It's like a tradition now.  I *like* tradition.  It's funny what things can become part of the traditions.  It's never the thing you expect.

So yeah, my family is *really* into Christmas.  My friends are another story entirely.  The problem is, most of my friends have, like *no* Christmas spirit. Their attitude goes completely out the window, every December. I mean, that just gets depressing. Christmas is supposed to be a fun time! And if it's not fun, I think it's our job to, like, *make* it fun, or something.

When I was in eighth grade, there was this Christmas dance at our school.  Angela and I went together. And it was *beyond* fun. It was like this perfect evening. Which was funny, because the music was completely lame, the decorations kept falling down all over the dance floor, and that gross Tommy Janssen kissed me under the mistletoe. Not to mention the fact that Brian Krakow spilled punch all over my dress. My *expensive* dress. But it was still one of the best nights of my life. Angela and I were, like...connected. We just danced and hung out and laughed. It's the kind of thing that just happens, you can't, you know, *plan* it or something. I didn't realize how perfect it was at the time. But looking back, I can see that it was. It's one of those memories that makes you happy *and* sad, all at the same time. I guess I took Angela's friendship for granted back then.  Because she had just always...*been* there.

That was before Angela dropped me for Rayanne Graf.

Which reminds me of last Christmas. Rayanne Graf and I actually, like, *talked*. She worked the Help Line with me when Krakow bailed and it was...fun. A lot of fun, actually. I never thought I'd be thankful that Brian acted like a complete loser. But I am. The strangest thing is, somehow, Rayanne has become my friend. It's like, I lost Angela, but I got her back. And now I have this, like, *bonus* friend or something.  Like when you buy some great perfume that you totally love and were going to buy anyway and they give you a free tote bag to go with it.  And then you're like, yeah, nice tote bag.  Whatever.  But then you find yourself needing the tote bag, like *unexpectedly*, and then you are so glad you have it.  And I can completely understand what Angela sees in Rayanne. Because there's a lot to see. She's different from anyone I've ever known. And that's kind of...cool.

You know, all this talk about Christmas just gave me an amazing idea. I'm going to organize a Christmas dance this year. And I already know that it will be *so* much better than the World Happiness dance. I can probably get Delia to help me, even. And I'll make sure there's good music. And the decorations won't fall down. But even if they do, I guess it doesn't *really* matter. Because we'll all be together. Celebrating.

I'm going to make this year one of the best Christmases, like, *ever*! I'll just *make* everyone have fun, if I have to.

Angela and I can dance just like we used to.  Maybe that can become  *our* tradition.  And maybe...Rayanne can dance with us.


Okay everybody, sing along!
That's right, even you guys sitting in the back!

(music = ON)

On the sixth day of Christmas Camille Cherski gave to me
...six pairs of handcuffs...

five cotton swabs,
four invisible cats,
three yummy lollies,
two free Dead tickets,
and one out of state fake ID.

Next up: Patty Chase.

Next story

The Seventh Day Of Christmas (Patty) by Shannon Bryan and E.R. Holdridge (Shobi)
Published: 1997 | Size: 5 KB (980 words) | Language: english english | Rating: PG-13
Waiting for 5 votes before displaying rating information.

Read this story now: The Seventh Day Of Christmas (Patty)
expand

Other fanfiction contributions by this author

Reviews for this story

Waiting for 5 votes before displaying rating information.

No reviews so far for this story.

expand

Add your review


“I cannot bring myself to eat a well-balanced meal in front of my mother.”

Angela Chase, Episode 1: "My So-Called Life (Pilot)"