print this page

Fanfiction

The Interactive FanFiction Story

One of the longest-running fanfiction stories on the 'net.

Chapter 29: The Outside Tour!!

jump to chapter | jump to review | jump to next chapter | go back to main story outline

expand

The story so far

Chapter 29: The Outside Tour!!

written by Mileena

added on: 08 Sep 2005 - based on characters created by Winnie Holzman

2 Weeks Later: The Day of the Concert - Liberity Hallways

Open up to Jordan walking down the hallway, passing by Angela and Joey, who don't notice him. Angela is leaning against the wall, while Joey is standing infront of her, with his hands on her waist. They are talking. Jordan narrows his eyes, trying to ignore his jealousy. Just as he rounds the corner, he bumps into Shane.

Shane: Hey Catalano.

Jordan: Hey.

Shane: (Can tell he's a little ticked) So what you been up to?

Jordan: Nothin.

Shane: You goin to "The Outside Tour" concert tonight?

Jordan: (Shurgs) Isn't it sold out?

Shane: Pretty much.


Cut Back to Angela and Joey

Angela: (Hair Tuck) You see, my parents have this...this policy or whatever about me going on dates with guys...they have to like...meet them before I can go.

Joey: (Side Grins) So you're saying I have to meet your parents, before I can take you out.

Angela: (Rolls her eyes) Yes, it sucks I know...

Joey: (Moves closer to her until their face to face) I don't mind...unless, (smirks, and whispers) your ashamed of me.

Angela: (Laughs) No! I'm not ashamed of you...I just thought you'd be weirded out by it or something.

Joey: Why would you think that?

Angela: (Bows her head) I guess, because...Jordan made a big deal of it.

Joey: (Touches her cheek) I'm not Jordan...

Angela: (Smiles) I know.

Joey: (Takes her hand, and they begin walking) I'll meet them when I pick you up tonight.

Angela: Ok.

Cut back to Shane and Jordan

Jordan watches Angela and Joey pass by, catching the last sentence of their conversation. He watches them until they disapear around a corner.

Shane: Blane got Joey his tickets a few weeks ago.

Jordan: Angela's goin with him?

Shane: Yup.

Jordan: (Nods) Oh...so are you goin too?

Shane: (Shurgs) Maybe, if Tino can get me a ticket.

Jordan: (Sighs) I'll see you around. (He leaves)

Shane watches him go, shaking his head.

Shane: (To himself) Man you really blew it...


Cut to Angela and Rickie in Girl's Room, Angela is leaning on one of the sinks, while Rickie is standing infront of the mirror, putting on eyeliner. The rest of the room is empty.

Rickie: He's actually taking you to a concert for your first date. (Glances at her with a smile) That's so romantic.

Angela: (Grins) It is, isn't it...Joey, of all people.

Rickie: (Finishes his eyelining, and looks at her) I can only dream of romance.

Angela: (Gives him a knowing smile) Know the feeling. It'll happen for you someday.

Rickie: Yeah...(Changes the subject) I take it Jordan Catalano is out of the picture huh.

Angela: (Sighing, tilting her head to the side) I don't know...I think he is, but then again...(her expression becomes thoughtful)...I guess it's what you call never forgetting your first love.

Rickie: (Nods) That makes sense.

Angela (VO): Am I really over Jordan Catalano? Is it for real this time? Or am I just fooling myself like I have so many times before?

Angela looks at herself in the mirror, her expression confused, humming the tune to Nine Inch Nails "Hurt".

Fade Out


Cut to Sharon and Rayanne in the Hallway, standing at the lockers.

Sharon: Kyle is really being a butt-head this time.

Rayanne: (Smiling Sarcastically) Yeah, so.

Sharon: So, I'm like ready to break up with him.

Rayanne: (Looking at her nails) And give up all the sexual pleasures.

Sharon: (Flushes, grinning) Well...it's kinda getting boring with him.

Rayanne: (Grins wickedly) Oh really?

Sharon: Yeah.

Rayanne: (Looks at her) Then why not try spicing it up.

Sharon: (Curious) How?

Rayanne: (Shurgs) I don't know...try reading the Kama Sutra or something.

Sharon: (Happy) That is such a good idea, thanks Rayanne. (She starts to leave)

Rayanne: (Satisfied) No problem...

Sharon looks back her, giving her another giddy smile before going to find Kyle.

Rayanne watchs her go as Angela and Rickie approach from the side.

Angela: What's she so happy about?

Rayanne: Oh, just a little advice I gave her.

Rickie: Which is?

Rayanne: (Grins) How to spice up you're sex life.

Angela and Rickie laugh.

Angela: Rayanne that is so like you.

Rayanne: What...I can't help it if I've heard of the Kama Sutra.

Rickie: You told her to read that!

Rayanne: Yeah, even if I've never actually read it myself, but it has some great pictures.

Angela laughs again, leaning against the lockers.

Angela: You're something else Ray.

Rayanne: I know...(Looks at Angela)...so I hear you're going to "The Outside Tour" concert tonight with Joey...(Pouts)...I'm so jealous.

Angela: (Rolls her eyes, smiling) Yeah, our first date.

Rickie: (To Rayanne) An actual date can you believe it?!

Rayanne: Dates, what are dates?? (giggles)

Angela: (Jokingly) Oh shut up.

Rayanne: Seems to me like you and Joey are getting pretty serious.

Angela looks away, unsure of what to say. She see's Jordan standing at the end of the hallway, putting eyedrops in his eyes. He looks at her, and they make eye contact. She quickly looks away. Rayanne and Rickie notice the exchange, both looking at Angela solemly.

Angela: (Hair tuck) I've gotta go. (She starts walking.)

Rayanne and Rickie: (Same time) Call me later!!

Angela: (Looks over her shoulder at them) I will. Later! (She leaves.)

Fade out to Jordan watching her go.


Later that Evening - Angela's House

Angela is pacing back and forth in her room, waiting for Joey, feeling extremely nervous and excited. She is wearing a black turtle neck mini-t, with a red mini-skirt, black leggings, and black boots. Her hair is pilled ontop of her head, and she has on a little extra make up. Her eyes are carefully outlined with black eyeliner, and her lips are dark red.

Angela (VO): The fact that I'm going on an actual date is unreal, like I'm dreaming or something. Jordan Catalano was my dream, until I woke up. Reality ruins everything sometimes, then again...Joey is real, not a fantasy, and he is more of a boyfriend then Jordan ever was.

The door bell rings then.

Graham (OS): Angela, your date is here!!

Angela: (Shouts) Be right there. (She takes one last look at herself in the mirror.)

Angela (VO): I have everything I always wanted...except from the one person I wanted it with. Talk about ironic.

With a sigh, she turns the light off in her room and goes down stairs. She smiles as enters the living room, seeing Joey talking to her parents. He's dressed in a black shirt, and jeans, covered by a black jacket. He looks at her, returning the smile.

Joey: You look beautiful.

Angela: (Blushes as she approaches him) Thanks.

Graham: So what concert are you guys going to?

Joey: David Bowie and Nine Inch Nails.

Patty: (Dreamy Eyed) I remember Bowie...

Graham: (Smiles at her) The guy's got good taste in music.

Angela: (Rolls her eyes, grinning) Well, we have to go if we're going to get there before it starts.

Patty: That's right, it's in the city. I want you home by one, clear.

Angela: (Nods) Yes.

Graham: It was good to meet you Joey.

Joey: You too Mr. Chase. (Looks at Patty) Both of you.

Patty: Take good care of her.

Joey: I will.


Angela moves to get her new black jacket, and Joey helps her put it on. They start walking towards the door.

Graham: Have fun.

Angela: (Opens the door, glancing over her shoulder at her parents.) We will. See you later. (They walk out and Joey closes the door behind them.)

Joey: (Takes her hand) You're parents are nice.

Angela: (Looks at him, chuckling) If you say so.

Joey: (Kisses her cheek) Now I can take you out on dates.

Angela: (Smiles) Looks that way.

They walk hand in hand to the curb, and Angela pauses, looking at the blue 2 door Pontiac Grand Am parked there.

Joey: Blane let me barrow the car for tonight since it's his night off, he's a bartender besides a college student.

Angela: Oh, that was nice of him.

Joey: Yeah, he's usually tight with it.

Joey lead's her to car and opens the door for her, she gets in and he closes it. He gets into the drivers side, and starts the car. They drive off.

Fade Out


In Pitsburg at The Arena

Angela and Joey are sitting in the front row of the belcony, near the stage. They have a great view from their seats. Angela is leaning against the railing, watching the concert. Joey is beside her, holding her hand. She is swaying to the music, watching David Bowie and Trent Reznor begin to perform a duet of "Hurt". The crowd is yelling and cheering.


bowie:
i hurt myself today
to see if i still feel
i focus on the pain
the only thing that's real

reznor:
the needle tears a hole
the old familiar sting
try to kill it all away
but i remember everything


Flash to Jordan, by himself at the loft, sitting on the floor, leaning against a wall, drinking a pint of vodka, cleary depressed.


both:
what have i become?
my sweetest friend
everyone i know
goes away in the end
and you could have it all
my empire of dirt
i will let you down
i will make you hurt


Flash back to Angela and Joey. She is watching the concert, with tears in her eyes.


reznor:
i wear this crown of sh**
upon my liar's chair
full of broken thoughts
i cannot repair

bowie:
beneath these stains of time
the feelings disappear
and you are someone else
and i am still right here


reznor:
what have i become?
my sweetest friend

both:
everyone i know
goes away in the end
and you could have it all
my empire of dirt
i will let you down
i will make you hurt

if i could start again
a million miles away
i would keep myself
i would find a way


Fade Out














jump to chapter beginning | jump to review | go back to main story outline

Next Chapter

There's no next chapter yet. Why not add one yourself?

expand

Add your own next chapter

Reviews for this chapter

Waiting for 10 votes before displaying rating information.

No reviews so far for this chapter.

expand

Add your review

expand

Report this chapter to the admins


“Ignore her. She got up on the wrong side of the coffin this morning.”

Enrique (Rickie) Vasquez, Episode 9: "Halloween"