print this page

Fanfiction

The Interactive FanFiction Story

One of the longest-running fanfiction stories on the 'net.

Chapter 11: Learning the truth

jump to chapter | jump to review | jump to next chapter | go back to main story outline

Chapter 11: Learning the truth

written by anonymous author

added on: 23 Jun 2000 - based on characters created by Winnie Holzman

JORDAN: Angela...just...come on, I'll take you somewhere, ok?

ANGELA: (barely audible) Okay. Yeah.

JORDAN: (putting his arm around her shoulder) Come on...

(Brian looks crushed)

(Angela and Jordan sitting in his car)
ANGELA: (VO) My life has never been like, picture perfect or anything. But this was like too much.

JORDAN: My mom... she like, cheated on my dad.

ANGELA: (Interested) Really? Like...recently?

JORDAN: No, no... like when I was seven or something.

ANGELA: Oh, yeah?

JORDAN: And it's like... she didn't just cheat on my dad... she like cheated on me. I mean, like, not really...but she did. You know? So, I know. I mean, how you feel. And it just...well, it just sucks.

ANGELA: (softly) Yeah.

JORDAN: (lightly strokes her cheek with the back of his hand) But you know what? It's like parents are people too. They make mistakes too. They like aren't... like...immune? To screwing up.

ANGELA: Jordan! This is like...my family! This is like not just screwing up. It's like my world doesn't make sense right now!

JORDAN: (voice in a whisper) Let me help it make sense. (Leans in and kisses her.)

ANGELA (VO) It was the most intense kiss Jordan Catalano and I had ever had. It was like, more than just a kiss. It was air and I needed it too breathe.

JORDAN: (breaking away) I'm sorry. That probably wasn't...appropriate or something...like under the circumstances.

ANGELA: No, it was... I mean...I liked--

JORDAN: Angela, this like isn't the best time for this.

ANGELA: What? Me having a crisis doesn't fit into your busy schedule? Well don't let me keep you! By all means, I--

JORDAN: That's not-- That's not what I meant.

ANGELA: Well what did you mean?

JORDAN: It isn't like the best time for me to tell you what I have to tell you.

ANGELA: About?

JORDAN: About the letter. You know? The one I gave--

ANGELA: I know which letter Jordan.

JORDAN: This has been bothering me. I feel like I'm...living a lie.

ANGELA: (pretending she doesn't know) What to you mean? A lie? Did you not mean the things in that letter?

JORDAN: No! I meant them... like...sincerely. I did.

ANGELA: So, then?

JORDAN: I didn't write that letter, Angela. Brain Krakow did. And I asked him to write it for me...because...because I didn't know if I could do it myself. I didn't want to mess it up. Because you're like... the first good thing to happen to me. And I just didn't trust myself not to screw it up. And Brain is smart... I knew that he'd know how to do it... like, find the words that would let you know that you're...you know...like...so important. To me.

ANGELA: Jordan, I knew that Brian wrote the letter.

JORDAN: Um, you did?

ANGELA: But you didn't need Brian, Jordan. You just told me yourself. And it was beautiful.

JORDAN: It was? I mean, who told you? That I didn't right it.

ANGELA: It doesn't matter. (Kisses him suddenly)

jump to chapter beginning | jump to review | go back to main story outline

Next Chapter

You have 2 choices: What should happen next?
  1. Brian interrupts them:
    Chapter 12: It's just like...life. by Rory (22 Aug 2005)
    no more subchapters.
  2. Rayanne interrupts them:
    Chapter 12: the unexpected twist by Jesus (14 Sep 2002)
    no more subchapters.
expand

Add your own next chapter

Reviews for this chapter

Waiting for 10 votes before displaying rating information.

No reviews so far for this chapter.

expand

Add your review

expand

Report this chapter to the admins


“Ignore her. She got up on the wrong side of the coffin this morning.”

Enrique (Rickie) Vasquez, Episode 9: "Halloween"