print this page

Fanfiction

The Interactive FanFiction Story

One of the longest-running fanfiction stories on the 'net.

Chapter 6: Straight Up and Honest

jump to chapter | jump to review | jump to next chapter | go back to main story outline

Chapter 6: Straight Up and Honest

written by Joie

added on: 22 Jun 2001 - based on characters created by Winnie Holzman

(INT.HALLWAY - LIBERTY HIGH.DAY)

(DELIA and RICKIE stand talking.)

DELIA: (eager.) So, you wanna go see a movie this weekend?

RICKIE: Sure, what do you wanna see?

DELIA: Um, how about... Romeo and Juliet. That new one?

RICKIE: Um, well, we just saw that, like, a few nights ago.

DELIA: (blushes.) Yeah, I know, but we're studying it in English, sometimes it's good to see things more than once. Besides, it is so romantic!

(RICKIE smiles, looks uncomfortable.)

RICKIE: Well, okay then. So... I'll talk to, um, Angela about it, and-and you could ask Sharon as well, maybe she wants to come.

(DELIA furrows her brow, then smiles.)

DELIA: Yeah, she can bring Kyle. Then, it'll be, like, a couples evening. Even though Angela isn't... hang on, isn't Angela going out with that guy, Jordan?

RICKIE: Good question. Um... well, why... I-I mean, couples? You know, I-I think we should all just go as friends, you know? We could invite Brian as well- (RICKIE sees DELIA's face.) Or maybe not.

DELIA: What's wrong with couples? I mean- I mean I know that we're not really, but in a way we kind of are, I mean, we have heaps of fun together, right?

RICKIE: (sigh.) Delia, we do, we have heaps of fun together, but... we're- we're not a couple. I mean, you are such a great person, and I really, really love it that we're such good friends and all, but.. I just am not- I don't feel that way about you. It's- it's nothing personal, it's just...

DELIA: No, no. I know, I just... I know. Okay, well, we can all go.. as friends.

RICKIE: (smiles.) Okay. I'll see you later then, tell you what's happening.

DELIA: Okay.

(RICKIE exits down the HALLWAY. DELIA looks after him thoughtfully.)

jump to chapter beginning | jump to review | go back to main story outline

Next Chapter

There's no next chapter yet. Why not add one yourself?

expand

Add your own next chapter

Reviews for this chapter

Waiting for 10 votes before displaying rating information.

No reviews so far for this chapter.

expand

Add your review

expand

Report this chapter to the admins


“And, you know, with your hair like that? It hurts to look at you.”

Rayanne Graff, Episode 1: "My So-Called Life (Pilot)"