print this page

Fanfiction

The Interactive FanFiction Story

One of the longest-running fanfiction stories on the 'net.

Chapter 9: Fuel

jump to chapter | jump to review | jump to next chapter | go back to main story outline

Chapter 9: Fuel

written by angelina ford

added on: 10 Nov 1999 - based on characters created by Winnie Holzman

Angela(vo): Pain is such a fuel. It gives you this energy to keep going. For that matter, confusion is a fuel. That fuel gave me the energy to walk past Jordan Catalano. Almost.

(Angela gets just past Jordan Catalano's locker, where he is leaning. He's staring at the ceiling, lost in thought. Angela hesitates, but keeps going towards the bathroom.)

(She enters the bathroom. Rayanne is at a sink, fiddling with her hair.)

Ang(cautiously):Hey.

Ray(understanding):Hey, Angela. I was thinking...

Ang:I walked past Jordan Catalano. I just walked past him. Was that right? I mean, I don't know if I can keep going on like this. (Long pause.) Everything feels broken. (Her chin starts to wrinkle, indicating her need to cry.)

Ray:Oh, Ang. (She walks over and takes her hands.) Listen, he's probably still out there. Do you want to talk to him. I mean, like, really talk to him? With no Brian's around? (Angela nods.) Ok, then what you do is...

Ang(vo):As Rayanne tried to explain how to fix my problems, I got this feeling. Before the letter, or the "betryal" or all of that stuff, we were close. Like, she dyed my hair. I really tried to listen to what she was saying. Cause, like, I already knew what I had to do with Jordan, but I missed Rayanne. (Angela slowly wraps her arms around Rayanne and gives her a long, emotional hug. They release, and after a moment, Rayanne speaks.)

Ray: Did you feel that? (Angela nods.) Listen, Angela, you don't have time to worry about me.
You have a real chance right here. Go out, and get him, and...(she smiles)tell me how it turns out. (Rayanne kisses her on the cheek, almost reminiscing to the days when they were really good friends. She leaves the bathroom. Angela is alone.)

Ang(vo):When people are so open that you forget all the worst things about them, it makes you feel like the most important person in the world.

(She grabs the bathroom door handle, and enters the hall. Jordan is still there at his locker, with his hand on his forehead, like he has a bad headache. She stands squarely in front of him.)

Ang:Will you take me home?

Jord:Angela, it's like, third period, I think.

Ang:Exactly.

Ang(vo):When you try to take advantage of someone who's taken advantage of you before, you get a feeling for how they think. I wasn't exactly thinking like Jordan Catalano, but I knew that there was no one home at my house.

jump to chapter beginning | jump to review | go back to main story outline

Next Chapter

You have 2 choices: What should happen next?
  1. Jordan agrees:
    Chapter 10: angela reaches closure - kind of by screenbich (26 Jan 2000)
    1 more subchapter.
  2. Jordan disagrees:
    Chapter 10: Chain Mail by Joie (30 Oct 2001)
    1 more subchapter.
expand

Add your own next chapter

Reviews for this chapter

Waiting for 10 votes before displaying rating information.

No reviews so far for this chapter.

expand

Add your review

expand

Report this chapter to the admins


“Ignore her. She got up on the wrong side of the coffin this morning.”

Enrique (Rickie) Vasquez, Episode 9: "Halloween"